Hiring Cars With A Tow Bar

Family Middleton

Message added by CT Advertising,

Hi

Having problems with the gearbox on my car and due to go on holiday to France soon. I am hopeful we will get our tow car back but am now looking at the options. Does anyone know of a company that hires cars with a two bar?

Though not recently I twice have had cars, not 4x4's, hired with towbars, both were from National groups, Northgate was one the other I think was Enterprise. ..

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

Once broke down on the M6 bound for Southampton on a Friday night. Car not repairable in time for the Ferry Crossing. No hire cars with towballs available till Wednesday. Had to get the AA to tow us home and wait till Wednesday for a hire car with a tow ball. Not many around. Wonder if the CC insurance is any better?

Meg

The caravan club has a list of organisation who hires cars and 4x4s with towbars.

Enterprise Rent-a-Car have supplied me cars with a towbar before, they are usually quite high up in the groups (Tiguan, Freelander, Volvo V70 were mine). Pricey, but available.

Peugeot Rental, via your local Peugeot dealer, might be able to help. I got a 3008 2. 0hdi last summer, with a towbar, for £19 a day. Might be a case of ringing round though.

Regards, Justin

Be aware that hire cars with a towbar fitted are not that common, and when you find one, it is likely that only single electrics (12N socket only) will be installed.

Gordon.

• 1 year later...

My tow car is going in to the menders as some twit has run into the back of me.

Hire car on it's way but with no tow bar on which may be needed soon ! Enterprise have said they have no cars with a tow bar fitted. :-(

Hire car on it's way but with no tow bar on which may be needed soon ! Enterprise have said they have no cars with a tow bar fitted. :-(

I would check your rights for Non fault accident and like for like car replacement .

Dave

Edited by CommanderDave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

Have a tow bar fitted, then remove and sell on Ebay afterwards before giving the car back ?

Gra.

Yantai China, Okpo South Korea, Cape Town South Africa, Aberdeen U. K. , Oslo Norway, Houston Texas. Walvis Bay Namibia.

Have a tow bar fitted, then remove and sell on Ebay afterwards before giving the car back ?

Gra.

Surely that will invalidate any insurance!!

I refer you to the Rt Hon Member for the 19th Century.....................pictured just to the left of your screen..................

Hi

I was in Enterprise this morning and asked them about tow bars. They do not have cars with this facilitiy, so I asked them how they cover hires on behalf on insurance and breakdowns etc. They advised me they outsource to a third party who can provide a tow vehicle.

Russell

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.

• 6 years later...

Hi guys - I have been searching to rent a car/van with a tow bar fitted and found that Audi on demand have a new Audi Q5 with a electric tow bar fitted. They also do unlimited miles - has anyone any other suggestions in other parts of the UK?

A google search of "car rental towbar uk" finds a good selection

2015 VW Touareg 3. 0 V6 TDI + 2013 Lunar Clubman ES

• 4 months later...
On 23/04/2013 at 13:01, PhilLees said:

if you are not at fault then you have the right to be put back in the position you were in before the accident, this includes towbars etc, your replacement vehicle should be equivalent to the one that was being driven at the time. Having said that, if you are just looking to hire a tow car than i can recommend Indigo, they sorted us out when caught short before a trip.  https://indigocarhire.co.uk/car-hire-with-a-tow-bar/

Except that this post you quoted was from 6.1/2 years ago!

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

• 4 months later...

The minimum hire period with Indigo  is 7 days and lowest rate (Tiguan) is £529 with £1000 deposit!!