Pageant Alko Spare Wheel Carrier

PAGEANT

I dont know if you new bailey pageant and senator owners are aware your spare can easily be removed without you knowing. I have had it pointed out to me by another owner and fitted a lock and chain imediatley

All that stops the carrier being removed is a pin and a screw of bush and that is it.

Maybe you laugh at the thought of someone pinching yours. Yes well its ok till you get a puncture and reach down for your spare and its not there.

Secure it or lose it. :rolleyes:

I just wonder if the other end of the carrier is just as insecure because its only held in plave by a couple of Cotter pins!!!!

David

David - Milton Keynes

Bailey Alliance 66-2 Motorhome for holidays and a Kia Venga for home.

Caravan Travels

I dont know if you new bailey pageant and senator owners are aware your spare can easily be removed without you knowing. I have had it pointed out to me by another owner and fitted a lock and chain imediatley

All that stops the carrier being removed is a pin and a screw of bush and that is it.

Maybe you laugh at the thought of someone pinching yours. Yes well its ok till you get a puncture and reach down for your spare and its not there.

Secure it or lose it. :rolleyes:

2970[/snapback]

This would generally apply to all ALKO chassis' spare wheel carriers. :angry:

This would generally apply to all ALKO chassis' spare wheel carriers. :angry:

3104[/snapback]

I dont know but mine is safe as houses with a chain and lock around the face plate and chassi leg itself. Of course I would be foolish to think that it's totaly fool proof but what is nowadays. . :unsure:

I dont know but mine is safe as houses with a chain and lock around the face plate and chassi leg itself.   Of course I would be foolish to think that it's totaly fool proof but what is nowadays. . :unsure:

3230[/snapback]

Don't forget the face plate is only bolted to the tubular structure of the spare wheel carrier. I plan on drilling the tubular sections such that when secured to the chassis, the holes I drilled are inboard of the chassis rails. I will then pass a metal rod (with a washer welded at one end and a hole at the other for a padlock) through from one end, through both tubes and secure with a padlock that way even if the plastic thumb nut is removed the carrier cannot be pulled away from the chassis.

For the time being I have removed my spare wheel whilst the van is in storage at the local Cassoa site.

I have not seen the Al-ko spare wheel carrier lock but I can only assume it is a padlock that fits in place of the thumb nut and pin? If so this will be a very weak padlock.

Simon.