Sign in to follow this  
GentleGiant

People Walking Over Your Pitch

You can get barbed wire fencing on a roll nowadays

34128[/snapback]

sounds like there could be an upsurge of caravanners buying it?????!!!!! :P:P:P:P

wind breakers spring to mind------and i bloody hate them

people who surround themselves with windbreakers,away from the outside world

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr?????????

wind breakers spring to mind------and i bloody hate them

people who surround themselves with windbreakers,away from the outside world

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr?????????

If the walk is too long then, perhaps you shouldn't have taken that pitch? Laziness come to my mind.

Hi all

I don't agree with putting windbreakers up to stop people going throught my Pitch, but have had to do it, to stop people cutting throught my Pitch.

The people only had to walk about 5 pitches to get to the end of our row, you are not wrong about being Lazy.

I am starting to make my list of Lazy People on here. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Peter

Hi all

I don't agree with putting windbreakers up to stop people going throught my Pitch, but have had to do it, to stop people cutting throught my Pitch.

The people only had to walk about 5 pitches to get to the end of our row, you are not wrong about being Lazy.

I am starting to make my list of Lazy People on here.   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Peter

34142[/snapback]

while youre at it keep a list of the other sort????

I have to say, I have never encountered any rudeness or inconsideration from fellow campsite dwellers.

With reference to sensitivity, humour sometimes doesn't always travel through the written word!! I have a totally open mind to tents/caravans/motorhomes and their owners. I think we are far too critical about people (in general not people on this site) and sometimes if we saw a tent with 5 or 6 kids, perhaps some people would assume that said kids would immediately start being unruly and running around their units!!

There does seem to be a little bit of suggestion of 'hierachy' on camp sites!!!

I have owned both tent and caravan and have met all kinds of people, all I would say is there is no snobbery evident amongst tenters, and OBVIOUS snobbery from some caravanners.

I try to be courteous to everybody and hope they would do the same, but if I were called a 'fat cow' by somebody - would probably retaliate, which would lower me to their level!!

Back on the subject, we were recently on a campsite in Devon, where you had to pick your way through the units to reach our caravan - we just avoided the front of anything and kept well away from guy ropes etc

Wow theres another idea trip wires, then you could have one of those nooses that is attached to a tree that springs them up in the air and they dangle upside down :rolleyes:

If we all parked our vans really close together so that no one could physically walk between them. Handy when you run out of sugar you could just reach out to next door. Its all getting rather ridiculous isn't it. Some of the personal comments above seem to be getting a little fraut and I'm not really sure as to the seriousness of attaching dogs to the van but maybe that was a joke as well.

I think some lightening up is required as we all mainly seem to be of the same opinion on this one.

Consider others

Like that programme on the box last night with those very different families and p*ss head students who eventually sorted themselves out.

Bob

Only problem we have encountered in thirty years was on a commercial site.

The pitches were arranged in groups of four in a square. The motorhome at the back of our pitch drove as near to our van as they could possibly get, with the front cab overhang within about six inches of our back window. they then proceeded to walk through our pitch at every available opportunity. We put up windbreaks as a gentle hint, but they pushed through them. This upset our dogs who started barking. .. nightmare!!!.

We went to see the people at reception and although they were not bothered about the "pitch invasions", they were concerned about the close parking. The motorhome went the following day, and the rest of the holiday was fine.

This was not a reflection of Motorhome owners generally, it was these particular people who were the problem, and I think this goes for people in caravans, tents and any other kind of camper.

The wardens at the CC can be a bit picky at times, but you are assured of prompt action if you do happen to have problems, I understand the C&CC wardens are also good, although we do not belong to that club.

We all go on holiday to relax in our own way and most of us choose venues which suit us. Its a shame when a thoughtless minority spoil things for everyone else

I have to say, I have never encountered any rudeness or inconsideration from fellow campsite dwellers.

With reference to sensitivity, humour sometimes doesn't always travel through the written word!!  I have a totally open mind to tents/caravans/motorhomes and their owners.   I think we are far too critical about people (in general not people on this site) and sometimes if we saw a tent with 5 or 6 kids, perhaps some people would assume that said kids would immediately start being unruly and running around their units!! 

There does seem to be a little bit of suggestion of 'hierachy' on camp sites!!!

I have owned both tent and caravan and have met all kinds of people, all I would say is there is no snobbery evident amongst tenters, and OBVIOUS snobbery from some caravanners.

I try to be courteous to everybody and hope they would do the same, but if I were called a 'fat cow' by somebody - would probably retaliate, which would lower me to their level!! 

Back on the subject, we were recently on a campsite in Devon, where you had to pick your way through the units to reach our caravan - we just avoided the front of anything and kept well away from guy ropes etc

34163[/snapback]

wholeheartedly agree :D:D:D:D

Hi

We stop pitch encroachment by giving our German Shepherd a long rope.

Usually sorts the problem out.

Simon

The simple solution is to choose your pitch bearing these things in mind.

I never pitch next to a toilet block or next to the kiddies park. Both locations come with there problems, screaming kids probably the worst of the two !

Charlie.

33914[/snapback]

Choose your pitch did you say? You should be so fortunate! Where was this ? At C & CC we rarely get a choice, we just get allocated one.

And once at a Hoburn site we were just given a number and had to find our own way round. B)

Choose your pitch did you say?  You should be so fortunate!  Where was this ?  At C & CC we rarely get a choice, we just get allocated one.

And once at a Hoburn site we were just given a number and had to find our own way round.   B)

34283[/snapback]

At CC sites, we have almost always been allowed to choose our own pitch. Possibly clever psychology here - if you subsequently don't like the pitch, there's no one to blame but yourself!

Mlamont

Strange you should mention that,(Gentle Giant) We were at Bashley 3 weeks ago, and allthough the first week was idylic (only 15/20 pitches in use) wecam home one friday after shopping and all hell had broken loose. All pitches full and as you say TOURISTS through our pitch. Ours was directly be hind the disabled toilets so they still had to walk round the block, but still they came thru our pitch. I even put the table at one side and they fforced their way past.

As we hadnt long left, it wasnt worth the fuss, but NEXT TIME. PS Have a look at my pics of Bashly and such like.

[ Crossing pitches!!!....how about finding a tent (belonging to the caravan in front) on your pitch just 3ft from our A-frame!!!.

)

0059.gifvuurwerk5.gif

Just returned From Wales we had problem with people cutting across our pitch so we made a obsticle course with kids bikes our bikes and as many toys as possible we managed to get two people to trip after two days no one used it as short cut

:)

I feel I have something to add to this discussion, but I will start by saying that people are entitled to their attitudes and opinions and I don’t mean to offend.

Our house has a public right of way through our front garden and a shared driveway that runs between our house and garden at the back. No one in our row can get in or out without crossing someone else’s territory. At first this was weird but within a few weeks we were on first name terms with every one of our neighbours. We were obliged to become members of the community. Now when our neighbours cross our land we wave and smile and often share the time of day.

My point is that it is very different when a friend crosses your pitch. That isn’t intrusion; it is visiting. When away in our van we hold the same attitude to our neighbours. We wave, smile and try to get to know them (without being pushy) because they are our neighbours. Almost always we find that the people around us become part of the positive aspects of our holiday. After all we do have a lot in common.

1.     Our house has a public right of way through our front garden and a shared driveway that runs between our house and garden at the back. No one in our row can get in or out without crossing someone else’s territory.  

2.     My point is that it is very different when a friend crosses your pitch. That isn’t intrusion; it is visiting.   When away in our van we hold the same attitude to our neighbours.   We wave, smile and try to get to know them (without being pushy)

Hi all

I feel that you are getting things a little confused here, if you have a public right of way through your front garden and have a shared driveway.

You do not have a choice but to let people use the walkway, also people need to get to their garage to park the car.

When I lived in my last property I had shared parking, also a shared walkway to our security door, I am sure everyone understands that.

As it is drawn up in the plans.

But on a campsite, I am polite to the neighbours, but for someone to cut through your pitch when there is not a marked path, I feel that is impolite and sometimes very rude, as was my case.

Also when you have a neighbour next to you that is not a problem, that is also part of their pitch.

In an earlier post I laid out what had happened, they might as well come into our awning and watched our Tv.

At this time we were nowhere near toilets or waste/water, so there was no need to cut through

In life there are rules that should be followed, and rules that people should use their common-sense.

This I feel being one of them, just to save a few seconds, is it worth it.

Peter

there was no need to cut through

In life there are rules that should be followed, and rules that people should use their common-sense.

This I feel being one of them, just to save a few seconds, is it worth it.

34675[/snapback]

I totally agree, we used live in an open plan street, if I visited the next door neighbour but one, I didn't walk on the grass between the houses. I walked down my path, along the pavement and along their path to get to their front door.

So on a campsite I don't expect other 'campers' to cross my space unless they are visiting me.

However if someone is manoeuvring their caravan onto their pitch and needs to drive on my pitch, that’s a different matter, I have no problems with that at all. (As long as they don't knock down my awning !!!!!)

However if someone is manoeuvring their caravan onto their pitch and needs to drive on my pitch, that’s a different matter, I have no problems with that at all. (As long as they don't knock down my awning !!!!!)

Hi all

I agree with the above, reversing onto the pitch is hard enought, so without a doubt this is not a problem.

I would even help someone if I could to get on their pitch.

Peter

Can someone define "pitch". On a CC hardcore pitich thre is a stretch of grass between each pitch which to me is no mans land. I do not mind people walking thru on the grass as long as they stay away from what I believe I have paid for and that is the gravel area only.

Andy

Can someone define "pitch". On a CC hardcore pitich thre is a stretch of grass between each pitch which to me is no mans land. I do not mind people walking thru on the grass as long as they stay away from what I believe I have paid for and that is the gravel area only.

Andy

34698[/snapback]

Hi all

What I have had defined as our pitch is, you have two markers.

It could be posts marking your pitch, or you have the ground between the two Electric boxes.

You have to have your caravan, Car and awning in this space, and we have been told that leaves enough space to sit outside the awning, then the next pitches caravan with enought room for car, awning, so on so forth.

If you have a table with chairs that does not leave a lot of room for much more.

That is what the C & CC define as a pitch, they told me that the grass section is where you can sit.

Peter

Because most sites haven't got their pitches marked out as a square, some people don't have 'spacial' awareness and I would say most people perhaps are unaware that they are encroaching.

Some people are just plain rude, others blissfully unaware - That's life!

They are probably like that in their normal lives anyway and no amount of hinting, rearranging windbreaks will change their behaviour whatsoever!!

'nuff said :)

seems to me, theres a section of the population who's motto is "if I can I will"

we were at "Stowford Farm Meadows" last week and had 3 little girls dancing round our hook up bollard, we discovered why! soon enough as they had disconnected our hook up lead, blowing our TV and water heater in the process!!, neither will work now! :o

manitee

we were at "Stowford Farm Meadows" last week and had 3 little girls dancing round our hook up bollard, we discovered why! soon enough as they had  disconnected our hook up lead,  blowing our TV and water heater in the process!!, neither will work now! :o

manitee

34743[/snapback]

Hi all

This is another case of the parents not looking after their children once they get to the site.

You see this on a lot of occassions.

I hope you get your problems sorted out quick.

Peter

we were at hawthorn farm dover this year,the water taps on the site were situated on the actual touring pitches(not all of them) so if that pitch was taken, and it was full, so they were all used, and they are not super pitches, they are actually communal taps. you had no choice but to encroach that touring space to fill aquaroll or whatever also waste water dump, otherwise you had no water,i wonder how half of you would cope here then?????

Sign in to follow this