Mazda Bt-50 Pick Up

Hi I've just changed motors reluctantly got shut of my Zafira vxr and bought a Mazda BT-50 which is the same as a ford ranger pick up. This may sound silly but

Having this 4x4 vehicle which is best mode to tow in. Four wheel drive or two wheels.

2009 Mazda BT-50 Pick Up 2010 Bailey Pegasus 546.

Hi I've just changed motors reluctantly got shut of my Zafira vxr and bought a Mazda BT-50 which is the same as a ford ranger pick up. This may sound silly but

Having this 4x4 vehicle which is best mode to tow in. Four wheel drive or two wheels.

Use 4WD only when towing over uneven, slippery or heavy going ground. If you read your car's handbook, you will probably find it advises drivers NOT to drive on ordinary tarmac in 4WD. It can eventually damage the drive mechanism and that will be expensive.

The simplest thing is to remember NOT to drive on normal roads in 4WD.

Regards.

Col

Proud to be a Patriot and CT Ninja
I get the feeling that beneath your sesquipedalian loquaciousness you're the same kind of fundamentalist intent on winning arguments through Argumentum Verbosium.

Zafira VXR has a 1500kg tow lomit .

I have found pickups not the best of tow vehicles for heavy trailers due to the lack of weight over the rear axle .

Dave

Edited by CommanderDave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

Zafira VXR has a 1500kg tow lomit
<br /><br /><br />

Just checked myself, so it has - I knew the vectra couldn't tow so assumed the same of the zafira

2007 BMW 535d & 2011 Adria Altea 542DT

Out of interest did you tow with the zafira? I thought all the VXRs were not homologated for towing?

Hi sorry for late reply. Yes the vxr towed the caravan with ease. I'm sad to see it go. I know it didn't have the torque of a diesel but had plenty power 280 Bhp. I hope the pick up gives me as many worry free towing miles as the vxr. Thanks for replies. I've just read uptp 1200kg in 2 wheel drive and unto 3000kg in 4 wheel mode on the Mazda

So you need to update your signature then dry.gif

Most 4wd today are happy enough full time although it can affect your consumption.

Coachman Amara 520/4 2003

LR Freelander 2 XS SD4 2. 2 Auto Indus Silver

Border Collie and ES Spaniel (with nothing between its ears)

Hi only use the 4wd when needed (slippery surfaces grass sand snow etc.) if used on normal road for long time you will damage your transfer case more so if all tyres are not worn at same rate. Part time 4wd is just that, for when its needed also in 4wd towing aswell your mpg will drop right down.

Kirk.

Edited by kirk

LUNAR LEXON DS ROYAL HERCULES MOVER, 2017 Seat Alhambra 184 se lux & SSANGYONG REXTON 2. 9 RUNNING ON VEG OIL. 1982 HONDA CX500EC. YAMAHA XJ600S. 2006 FORD KA

yes only tow in 2 wheel drive on tarmac otherwise serious damage will occur to the drivetrain, only use as stated on slippery surfaces - wet grass, mud, snow or gravel. The towing limit should be the same in 2 wheel & 4 wheel drive, I have the navara which has the same setup

Thanks for replies. I've just ordered a diesel tuning box to give the truck extra torque and power 30% increase and better fuel economy I hope. No matter i know I will get more mpg in this compared to vxr. Just waiting to av electrics changed to 13pin before I can give it a test. Just before we travel 350 miles to Cornwall.

Thanks for replies. I've just ordered a diesel tuning box to give the truck extra torque and power 30% increase and better fuel economy I hope. No matter i know I will get more mpg in this compared to vxr. Just waiting to av electrics changed to 13pin before I can give it a test. Just before we travel 350 miles to Cornwall.

Remember to inform your insurance company of a tuning box fitted as its classed as a mod .

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

The xtrail has 2wd/auto/4 wheel drive lock.

My car, and the previous one stay permanently in auto.

This gives front wheel drive, but if slippage is detected, then four wheel drive is deployed.

Detection is claimed to be with in one revolution of the wheel.

Do you have this option?