Lunar Delta/clubman Damp Around Front Windows

Hi,

I have a 2008 Delta RS and have had damp around the front windows twice in less than 3 years.

I have been told that the Clubmans also suffer from the same problem.

I am trying to compile a list of how many other Lunar owners have suffered the same so I can ask them whats going on.

So far Lunar don't want to know.

Please contact me if you have also suffered the same problems.

Me too, I had to have a new centre front window rubber and window cill fitted as damp had penetrated the window rubber on its 1 year old servise . It has had its 2nd year service and now seems ok

Hi,

I have a 2008 Delta RS and have had damp around the front windows twice in less than 3 years.

I am trying to compile a list of how many other Lunar owners have suffered the same so I can ask them whats going on.

Hi,

For what it is worth we have a 2008/2009 Delta with damp around front windows and in rear wardrobes,we have finally got the go ahead under warranty after 2 years of persistant contact, All three front windows and both rear end panels are being replaced. but we have to take van to Havant from surrey,then pick up later,fuel cost to be born by us!!!!!!surely this should have been picked up on PDI??

Don't be what you isn't, Be what you is, cause when you is what you isn't,you isn't what you is!

Lunar Delta TI with Discovery2

Hi,

Hi I have a 2009 Delta RS and have had damp around the front windows, although still in warranty I have had the seal replaced by the euro caravan engineer in france as that is where my caravan is kept. To take it back to Bicester where I purchased it from would cost I fortune. Also my leisure battery battery packed up after use this april, the engineer has just replaced that as well.

Living in Guernsey presents many problems with owning a caravan but I guess its worth it.

Gsy Gaza

Living in Guernsey presents many problems with owning a caravan but I guess its worth it.

Gsy Gaza

Been coming to Guernsey for years and haven't, as yet, won the lottery to buy a house!!!

Fancy a swap????

• 3 weeks later...

Our 2008 Delta TL leaked on the front. Two points of entry, the seal on the left hand front window (viewed from outside) and no sealant under the hinge rail for all three of the window. It required new internal wallboard the lot, all done under warranty. Also floor delaminated in three places.

This is my second Lunar to do both these. .. Sadly this will also now be my last Lunar. The previous one was back in 1999. Got rid of that one really quickly then went back to a Lunar after 10 years and it seems that they have got no better at all.

Edited by Frostyman

I had an ABI van and water got in through the hinge over the windows.

The timber cross member inside the van had to be replaced because it had rotted.

The inner paneling had to be removed above the window to get at it.

It was replaced with 2 inch by 1 inch treated wood and the hinge screwed with stainless steel screws an was bedded in with sikaflex.

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. Internet connected via 3 dongle Windows 7. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine.

LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,.Reich Move Control. Safefill Fitted. ,CT. Ninja (Hon) Flies the flag. Tyron Bands

Not Much Money but we do see life. Motto . Carpe Diem .

• 7 months later...

We bought a 2008 Lunar Delta TL last june, We woke up one morning while we were in somerset in august to find a big bubble under the right hand front window( viewed from inside ). On further inspection we discovered the window rubber had come unbonded from the front panel and left a gap where the water was getting in. Took it back to the dealer where we had bought it and they sealed it temporary but just wanted to inject the inside wall board with resin to fasten the finish back on to the board. After a few heated arguments they agreed to fit a complete new wall board, three new window seals etc. This took nearly three months to do as we had to wait nearly eight weeks to get the parts. I have noticed that there is no troughin above the front window which our old Lunar had, but they have started to fit these on the later models. When i asked the dealer about fitting one they said it's not a good idea as there is nothing to fasten it to behind the the plastic panel which would allow it to work loose and may lead to more holes/ problems. Has anyone else any ideas on this?

We had a 1997 lunar clubman for before this and never had any problems with water getting in, where did it all go wrong.

• 3 years later...

We have a 2009 tl delta under both front windows they have gone soft. Is there anything we can do to fix this? Would insurance cover the repair cost?

We have a 2009 tl delta under both front windows they have gone soft. Is there anything we can do to fix this? Would insurance cover the repair cost?

Nissan Elgrand 3. 2td 1998 and Lunar Delta TL 2009

Davey and Bev

insurance only covers accidental damage not wear and tear or deterioration of seals

Follow Reads. Main Dealership for Bailey, Swift, Sterling, Lunar Venus.

www. readcaravans. com

socialfacebook.png socialtwitter.png

2013 CaravanTimes Reader Award - Best Caravan Dealer 2013 CaravanTalk Finalist - Best Caravan Dealer 2013 CaravanTalk Finalist - Best Caravan Servicing. 2012 CaravanTalk Winner Best Caravan Servicing 2011 CaravanTimes Reader Award - Best Caravan Dealer 2010 Practical Caravan - Dealer of the Year

Thanks for the reply. Hope that tree doesn't blow over onto it then ha ha. Could be a costly job then, gutted as it's our first caravan and not even 6 years old. Looks like a window seal issue, funny it's both front windows

• Like 1

Davey and Bev

My 2012 Ti had a leak at the front three windoes, fortunately i noticed in plenty time and the dealer resealed the guttering above the front windows which did the trick.

If it has a full dealer service history it may be covered by the extended water ingress warranty

2015 VW Touareg 3. 0 V6 TDI + 2013 Lunar Clubman ES

Not got dealer service for last 3 years bought off discover leisure. Can't afford a big bill so might to repair it somehow

Davey and Bev

I noticed we had damp on one of the up rights between the front windows - I removed the outside joining bar/strip thing, cleaned it all up and resealed it - all sorted, so i thought as the damp had totally dried and 6 months on i've now noticed as small amount of damp at the bottom of the centre window - No idea how or where thats come from - any ideas ????

Disco 3 and Bailey Segovia 

My 2012 Ti had a leak at the front three windoes, fortunately i noticed in plenty time and the dealer resealed the guttering above the front windows which did the trick.

Thanks for the reply. Hope that tree doesn't blow over onto it th

We had the same issue on our 2011 caravan and this was picked up at the second service.

• 1 year later...

Well with the help of my brother in law we tackled the damp front window. Looks like the seal on the o/s front window frame wasn't good enough and let water in. O/s window frame completely rotten and water has spread across to other side. Took approx 2/3 days but it's all cut out and resealed and new wallboard made from 4mm plywood.

• Like 1

Davey and Bev

Well with the help of my brother in law we tackled the damp front window. Looks like the seal on the o/s front window frame wasn't good enough and let water in. O/s window frame completely rotten and water has spread across to other side. Took approx 2/3 days but it's all cut out and resealed and new wallboard made from 4mm plywood.

Well done! Will you be changing professions now? :D

Ha ha no thanks. Enjoyed doing it but I'm no carpenter 😂

Davey and Bev

• 4 years later...

We have a Lunar clubman cv and during the service last year it was discovered that there was damp in the front which must have been there from the start. This is our 2nd lunar and the first one was badly manufactured in general. (Hinges braking and other things) . Definitely won’t be getting another lunar. The general manufacturing quality needs to be improved a lot.

Hi when I took my Clubman in for its third service the guy who did the job said the first place they check for damp on Lunar vans is around the front windows. He said it was a known issue with Lunar. Saying that my Clubman was fine with no damp issues

Sandy

Given this is a 2008 model and the firm went out of business and the current firm is completely new I cannot see them being interested.

If it was repaired a year ago and the problem has reappeared then it would sound like a faulty repair and the best bet is to take it up with the repairer.

• I agree completely 1