Sign in to follow this  
cymro123

Super Pitch

As I am new can you explain what a super pitch is and the benefits please.

You have your own water supply, drain, aerial point . so you can use a daptor kit to pipe water straighht into van or aquaroll. your drain pipes can go straight in to the drain. so avoid having to fetch water empty wastewater.

Depends if you feel its worth paying extra not to walk to the nearest service point.

personally I dont.

Or like me pay the money, and still walk to the tap to fill up lol

Super pitches are so much easier as above no need to fetch and carry water, just plug it all in. I wouldnt bother with a super pitch just for a weekend, but we always try and book a super pitch for anything longer.

Just requires amending your equipment slightly. You will need longer waste pipe depending on where your drain pipes are on your caravan. On a super pitch the drain is normally located on the offside of your caravan towards the rear. You will also need an adapter for your Aquaroll so that you can connect a hosepipe to give a continuouse supply. They do sell a pipe with a pressure reducer so that you do not have to use your Aquaroll, however the pressure drop using this method is too low and only reccomned using the Aqua roll adapter. The water supply is normally on the Electric post (water & electric at the same place, never had any problems though) so a good length of hose, with all the connectors.

and tv and even internet.

. ..................and the butler comes around about 0800 and makes tea and shaves you too. .........

That's not caravanning!

We were on a site about 8 years ago that was taking sets of 3 pitches out to make 2 superpitches. .......and increasing the then charges of £12 a night to £24 for superpitches. ...........

The next time we went they had reverted to normal pitches apart from a couple of seasonals as 'people wouldn't pay for them'...................

Think they sold the land for housing since!

But it was a fair question to ask

rgds

geoff

We are staying at seaview, Haven at weymouth for half term week, on a super pitch for the 7 of us, cost £360 incl entertainment. Reasonable price to me

We always use super pitches when possible,we use the shower in the van and can't be bothered to keep filling up the aqua roll and emptying the wastemaster all the time,to me our holiday is for relaxing not trudging to and fro to the service point. Most sites we go to it's only a couple of quid a night extra and to us well worth it. We use a truma connection hose which plugs straight into the van so no need to take the aqua roll and wastemaster with us so frees up a bit of space in the car/van. As said though each to his own.

Edited by grasmere59

Glen Nevis site at Fort william are in the process of upgrading their pitches to super pitches at the moment they are all the same price, what a difference in the time taken to set up the caravansmile.gifand no running out of water when filling up the kettle for morning coffee

We are staying at seaview, Haven at weymouth for half term week, on a super pitch for the 7 of us, cost £360 incl entertainment. Reasonable price to me

Well, we're going on a rally in Northumbria, across the road from the beach and it's costing £45 for 9 nights. Will have to fetch my own water and join in with the occasional 'good morning' to the others queing at the water point! Shall have to make our own entertainment but with a saving of £315, I might spoil the wife by taking her for an occasional lemonade! The only thing that my 17 yr old son will miss is Rory the tiger! Happy holiday's.

That's not caravanning!

Why on earth wouldnt it be caravanning? We cspend thousands on our vans having all the luxuries, how does having to fetch your own water or carrying your own waste water away make you more of a 'caravanner'?

We always have a super pitch where available just saves that extra effort fetching clean water and emptying the waste.

Not come across one yet where you can plumb your toilet in though?

That's not caravanning!

30 years back if someone had have mentioned microwaves, hot pumped water, showers, satellite systems, electric flushed toilets, built in stereo systems, central heating, onboard tanks, air conditioning. .....it would have been said the same probably. :rolleyes:

Edited by Griff

Hi Cymro123, Basically, a superpitch has its own water supply so you can (via a valve/float system) have your aquaroll constantly topped up without walking to the service point. It also has its own drain so you can rig a length of pipe straight into the drain, This is for grey water only. This is the water from your washing up, shower, wash basin etc. You will still have to take your toilet waste to the chemical disposal point (C. D. P.) It's up to you if you think it's worth the extra money to save carrying water to and from the 'van.

Hope this helps, Mike :)

Well, we're going on a rally in Northumbria, across the road from the beach and it's costing £45 for 9 nights. Will have to fetch my own water and join in with the occasional 'good morning' to the others queing at the water point! Shall have to make our own entertainment but with a saving of £315, I might spoil the wife by taking her for an occasional lemonade! The only thing that my 17 yr old son will miss is Rory the tiger! Happy holiday's.

Rally, not likely with 5 kids, that would just be a holiday from hell.

Another advanatage in addition to the ones above, is the fact that most of them are enclosed on three sides by hedgerows or similar, which prevent people walking across your pitch and there's less chance of a bike or scooter crashing into your van!

just booked a super pitch at primrose valley for our second outing in September. seems like a bargain to me (£102 for 9 nights = £11. 33 per day) as with a 2 small children i was filling up water every day of our 3 day break last weekend, some times twice a day as the good lady likes to wash up and make drinks often if would seem.

so like the idea of on our 10 day stay i won't have to go get fresh water every morning, can bathe the children in our shower which is much easier in our own caravan.

my question is someone mentioned the internet and Ariel points.

how does the internet connect from your pitch is it wifi with a password?

and an Ariel connection to what and for what TV?

sorry may sound stupid questions but new to caravaning and still learning.

I will pay up to £5-7 p/n extra for a super pitch and will always look for one as a preference.

I don't terribly mind doing the water either way - just makes it far more relaxing and enjoyable not having to worry about the shower running out half way or putting off washing up or running outside to check water levels.

Don't particularly care if that doesn't make me a true caravanner - I am there for a break - not to be told what to do by the 'van squad.

My super pitch set-up -

No need for support up to that distance, over that I use a tent peg with a loop on it.

FT

Edited by FlyingTog

One site i stayed on a few years ago delivered a morning paper for people staying on superpitches free from the site shop. :lol:

Dave

Just tried my whale supply pipe with built in pressure reducer from tap which I've had for years but never used . All seemed well until I checked on the onboard whale water pump underneath the seat,it was leaking water on the gasket halway up its length. The pressure of water must have been too much for the pump so had to revert back to the aquaroll, Grrrrr :angry:

One site i stayed on a few years ago delivered a morning paper for people staying on superpitches free from the site shop. :lol:

Dave

Caravans and motorhomes with letterboxes!!! :blink:

We always try to get a super pitch as, being disabled, I only use the caravan facilities. It saves my husband a lot of work and he appreciates it.

There are far more super pitches in France and at most of the Kawan sites which take camping cheques, they charge 2euros extra per night (£1. 50). This is well worth the money in my opinion. However, in the UK, super pitches are few and far between and some cost upwards of £5 a night.

We don't have the fresh water hose running directly into the caravan. We have two aquarolls which we fill with a hose and then my husband puts another hose between them and they find their own level. We used to have the main hose permanently running into the aquaroll but even with the float system and pressure reducers, we often had problems. The way he sets them up now means he just has to turn the water tap on once a day to top them up.

Interesting thread. Down here, we just have 'powered sites' or 'unpowered sites" Unpowered are just an area of grass, usually for a tent, and a powered site will generally have a tap, and may, or maynot have a grey water waste drain hole.

I just googled "aquaroll"; wierd, don't your vans have water tanks?

regards

Graham

Some 'vans have water tanks. We have one, but have not found it that useful, as unless you are on a super pitch you won't have your own tap, so to refill your tank you would either have to move the 'van to the tap, or have miles of hose across everyone else's pitch. Trundling your Aquaroll is the next best thing to a super pitch.

I see from your profile you have 3 x 85 lt. water tanks. UK 'vans are not constructed heavily enough to cart that amount of weight around. We tend to tow with family cars, so weight is a problem, our 'vans are as lightweight as possible to allow for economical tow cars.

Sign in to follow this