Pegasus Cupboard Doors Sticking

I have just come back from a week away. Nearly all the cupboard doors were near impossible to open with out brute strength and holding the top of the cupboard. I couldn't do it my OH had to and in the end kept all the doors unclipped. I emailed Baily and they said it was temperature, but how annoying to have this problem.

I know other people have had the same thing, but is it possible to change mechanism on the door to the new one they are using?

Yes i agree doors catches are terrible. When the heating is on they are at there worst :angry: . Often thought of putting handles on doors if the spring was strong enough to keep door closed while traveling.

I think this is an example of poor design by Bailey - and a pathetic excuse.

2005 Kia Sorento 2. 5 Auto towing 2011 Conqueror 645

We cured ours by taking the catches off and sanding down the "burr" on the screw hole. When you reposition the catch you can then adjust them to fit. I know there will be many of you out there who will say the dealer should sort that out but, it's a 70 mile round trip and a big inconvenience to traipse back to the dealer, so a little bit of DIY comes in handy.

2019 Ford Kuga 2. 0 (150 bhp) AWD Manual and 2017 Coachman Pastiche 565.

ours are the same, i can manage then ok but the wife struggles and tends not to latch them shut for the duration of our stay.

just to hijack the thread a little , anybody had problems opening the fridge door as ours sticks at the bottom and you have to oush the bottom of door in to open it.

also had an led spotlamp switch fail this weekend and the kitchen tap leaks where it swivels and also constantly drips when not in use.

compliing a nice list for service time in december. ....

ex-alutech :angry: owner - now rehabilitated and happy :)

I have just come back from a week away. Nearly all the cupboard doors were near impossible to open with out brute strength and holding the top of the cupboard. I couldn't do it my OH had to and in the end kept all the doors unclipped. I emailed Baily and they said it was temperature, but how annoying to have this problem.

I know other people have had the same thing, but is it possible to change mechanism on the door to the new one they are using?

Have a look at the unicorn doors, ours have been perfect, maybe there is a mod you can do?

ours are the same, i can manage then ok but the wife struggles and tends not to latch them shut for the duration of our stay.

just to hijack the thread a little , anybody had problems opening the fridge door as ours sticks at the bottom and you have to oush the bottom of door in to open it.

also had an led spotlamp switch fail this weekend and the kitchen tap leaks where it swivels and also constantly drips when not in use.

compliing a nice list for service time in december. ....

We get the drip from the kitchen tap on the Valencia.

What do you mean the burr on the screw hole.

The burr is the surplus material (wood etc) that deposits itself around a hole when you drill into the material. If you take the catch off you'll see what I mean. You just need a bit of emery paper to file it away then, when you refit the catch, it's nice and flush to the woodwork and you can adjust it slightly within the range of the screw slots.

Edited by Glen and Les

2019 Ford Kuga 2. 0 (150 bhp) AWD Manual and 2017 Coachman Pastiche 565.

I've really have found the answer to the sticking overhead lockers this time - the answer will be seen in the photograph and the explanation beneath the photograph in link http://www. flickr. com/photos/datacard/5638741722/in/set-72157623326197650

Regards Terry

Terry

Excellent modification and a lasting solution.

Shame Bailey didn't come up with a solution and instruct the manufacturer to mould a handle with less curve to gain more travel, that would give more clearance in the catch.

Well Done !!

Edited by Gaz40

Had one locker with this problem. Took off the catch and found that, when the door was assembled, they had missed the pilot holes that should have been used.

Simply a matter of re-positioning and it's worked fine since.

Colin

Towcar - Ford S-Max 2. 0 TDCI

Caravan - Pegasus 534

Our tap started leaking this holiday flooding the worktop overnight. Leakes between the swivel head and the base of the tap - suspect the tap is the same make as in the peg (whale I think) - its going in next weekend for a 'repair' to the tap. No other issues this time around

2009 Bailey Pageant S7 Bretagne.

Audi 3. 0 Q7 SE .

Terry

Followed the above link regarding the latch 'cure. Looked thtough the rest of the photos - excellent synopsis of small fixes. Have to agree about the issue with the room heater. AAnyone would think that the master heating switch when off would switch off the heater rather than the smaller output control. No drainage problems yet in my Pageant S7 but have to say that your problems are ridiculous - do Baliey have any quality control?

330d with a Challenger following!

Hi Rinty,

Pleased you find the items and fixes interesting and helpful, regarding all the waste pipework both in and on the underside of cvan, the dealer removed all Baileys pipework and replumbed it as necessary, they made an excellent job of the rework and I am quite happy with the results. I've left the all the original photographs of the various problems so that others have a comparision and an indication of what can go wrong.

I'm pleased that others have found the locker catch mods useful, it seemed curious that the locks would open in the winter although sometimes difficult, and in the summer the locks were really impossible to use. ..... it turns out to be the summer heat softening the plastic assembly, the tail of the catch bends instead of opening the catch and the catch won't clear the striker.

Regards Terry

I spoke to Bob at Bailey customer service today. That was after waiting over 2 weeks for him to call me back. He said that it can either be taken back the dealers for adjustment or do it myself. I asked about changing it to different catches and he said for this type of door it was impossible. I mentioned the other adjustment and he said they don't read the forums. I suggested that he checks it out. So will try and do it ourselves instead of taking it back to the dealers.

noticed there are two types of these catches available in the parts store. My pageant has these but they dont stick at all - they do have the 'softer' plastic material catches though (non polycarb). They work fine - we have one changed under warranty (without my knowledge) above the sink as the catch was weak. Could be worht trying the softer ones for those who find it difficult or the mod in the pic looks good. .

http://www. bailey-parts. co. uk/Product. aspx?PartNumber=1340058

http://www. bailey-parts. co. uk/Product. aspx?PartNumber=1340059

2009 Bailey Pageant S7 Bretagne.

Audi 3. 0 Q7 SE .

Whilst the modification suggested above does work it takes a lot of time to complete. I really think Bailey should take an active role in fixing this dreadful design which we questioned when viewing at the NEC launch we were told then it was a fully tested catch system with no problems! If it was such a good design why has it changed on new "pegasus"??

Bailey dont need to fix the "dreadful design" if they have not used it in the new Pegasus.

Had no problems with mine at all.

Edited by war200