Sign in to follow this  
ian salero

Motor Mover Recommendations

I dont think any mover works well at all on twin axles unless you have four motors. Our Powrtouch was rubbish on our twin but great on our old single axle.

Just had a Powrtouch AWD mover fitted to replace a Powrtouch Twin axle mover. The AWD is so much better at turning my van (2008 Compass Rallye 634). I do think that a 2 motor mover on a twin axle is an expensive waste of time.

Thanks Brian, now watched it. Being an Engineer the one thing I really can`t understand is that the Powrtouch seemed to run back wards down the ramp? Being a worm and wheel gear drive this cannot happen, well it can happen if all the teeth on the gears failed on both motors at the same time!! Then they could have used the flying pig that was about at the time to chock the wheels. .....................................

Well spotted David. I don't see how a mover fitted with worm and pinion drive can roll back either.

John.

i have a powertouch mover. .4 motors on my series 7 limousin. .works fine.

I believe the versions which use only one motor per side on twins. .do not work well at all.

I did have a Lunar delta 610 for 13 years. .which had NO mover. .and. .guess what. .. I never missed having one. Towed it for thousands of miles.

I think movers have become the must have. .dont need accesory of the century.

Learning how to reverse might be a cheaper option.

renault megane and border collie

Edited by speedbird22

i have a powertouch mover. .4 motors on my series 7 limousin. .works fine.

I believe the versions which use only one motor per side on twins. .do not work well at all.

I did have a Lunar delta 610 for 13 years. .which had NO mover. .and. .guess what. .. I never missed having one. Towed it for thousands of miles.

renault megane and border collie

The mover for us is a must due to where we park the van up at home and my health problems like to see anyone reverse the van in the position it lives biggrin.gif Oh and by the way I can reverse the van as well so best of both worlds.

I can reverse very nicely thank you, but there are situations where it simply is not possible. My back garden makes a mover a very useful accessory.

John.

Edited by leedslad

Sign in to follow this