Sign in to follow this  
Gwoolie

Damp Meter

Dunno if this is the correct place to add this, but if not, mods feel free to move.

Ive not had the caravan checked for damp for a couple of years. The brakes get serviced and the gas, but the rest I tend to tinker with.

I found the Damp report from 2 years ago, which shows 'Normal' for all area's. 5-11% ( I know you dont want 0% as thats as bad?? )

So over the weekend I bought a digital damp meter from Ebay.

Came this am, so off I went to check. Ive looked for the tell tale holes where the previous professional report was done and pushed the meter in the same holes.

Not done 100% of the van yet as cant get to all the area's, but im please as the results are coming up the same, give or take a %.

I know the meter wont be calibrated the same as a pro machine, but im happy as long as there isnt an area which shows a massive change, ie 30-40-90%

I do air the van as much as I can, have a dehumidifier running in the winter and a small oil heater to stop frost. So think that all helps too. ..

Your thoughts

1999 Lunar Ariva GT

2007 Saab 93 1. 9 TD 150Bhp
Nikon D3

What does the heater use as fuel?

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. Internet connected via 3 dongle Windows 7. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine.

LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,.Reich Move Control. Safefill Fitted. ,CT. Ninja (Hon) Flies the flag. Tyron Bands

Not Much Money but we do see life. Motto . Carpe Diem .

Its an electric heater.

1999 Lunar Ariva GT

Nikon D3

You said a small oil heater and that was why I asked.

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. Internet connected via 3 dongle Windows 7. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine.

LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,.Reich Move Control. Safefill Fitted. ,CT. Ninja (Hon) Flies the flag. Tyron Bands

Not Much Money but we do see life. Motto . Carpe Diem .

My bad,

Meant oil filled electric radiator

The meter has found some damp area's 20% down low and also shows the area around the water input needs re-sealing, so sorting that.

The low area's are under the lockers, which have been filled with allsorts all winter, the cushions stayed on and things piled up on top, so no air movement.

So emptied and letting the air in. Dehumidifier dropped down into the locker to help out.

Will re-test in a few months, after re-sealing and airing

1999 Lunar Ariva GT

Nikon D3