Vauxhall Frontera 2.2 Auto

dave160366

If anybody read the report I did on the old site you will know I had a problem with the auto box, I have had it rebuilt now and took the car out on a test drive last week and bang the gearbox packed up again took it back to the garage to be repaired again under warranty it was one of the bands that had separated so replaced that and took it out for a test drive and found that the oil cooler in the radiator was blocked up they tried to clear it but to no avail so I had to have a new radiator fitted at a cost of £320 had it back the week end went for a drive and the gearbox packed up again would not go down the gears had to use it as a manual change and lost second gear then so I was wondering if anyone else had a problem with a auto box on a 4x4 the garage has taken it in to the main dealers now because they can not find what is causing it so far the gearbox problem has cost £1850 and is still not sorted does anybody know if this a coman complaint on 4x4 Vauxhalls look forward to hearing :(

Have you been on the Forum www. my4x4. co. uk? Look for the Frontera section and pose your question.

The forum has been excellent over the past years, with a good search feature and very knowledgeable members.

I have just had to have a new (manual) gearbox due to Vauxhall servicing not filling it with oil. ...............just get them to admit it. I ended up with the car just in the drive and the 'van stretched across the road.

Best of luck to you.

Thanks for the help they have come back to me now saying it is possible it is the ECU for the gearbox how much that will cost god Knows I will keep you informed Once again Thank you :(

• 2 weeks later...

Well it went into the main dealers on tuesday they have done all there tests on it and have told me it is the main ECU and it has been replaced,all I want to know is why do they have to make cars with brains when most drivers have none

PS Do not let this put you off the frontera they are great