I have been checking the operation of the alarm on my peg.

The PIR is not triggering the alarm when the system is armed.

I have changed the PIR battery but still not working.

The pir is detecting movement as the red light on the PIR flashes as you move around the van but still no alarm activation

I know the system is armed as the system bleeps twice.

Has anyone any idea what else I can check.

You need to set the alarm and leave it 10-15 minutes before it goes live. I set the system and have a cup of tea. Then when you walk in it sounds.

Hope this helps.

Chris.

Bailey Senator S6 Indiana.

Hi Jim,

The alarm on ours will sound within seconds of it being set unlike Chris, often re-armed by accident while walking about in the cvan with the fob in my pocket. A previous post suggested that there is a reset button behind the front cover somewhere. If you don't find one it would be worth removing the battery, waiting a few minutes then refitting the battery, when you refit the battery try to fit it cleanly, that is to say without bouncing the battery to battery PIR contact points. Not making a clean contact can cause all sorts of problems in some electronic circuitry as it introduces spikes.

Regards Terry

Edited by Terrytraveller

Check if there is a small reset/test button inside the pir and try pressing it. It's at the top right of the battery holder.

Solved the opposite problem we had when the alarm kept going off be itself after the setting in period.

Towcar - Ford S-Max 2. 0 TDCI

Caravan - Pegasus 534

Has anyone had there PIR replaced on there 2010 peg because it was not working correctly.

If you have did you go direct to tracker or Bailey.

Mine is not activating the siren when the tracker is activated with the fob (two bleeps). Even after an hour you can go into the van and the siren is not activated.

I have changed the PIR battery the red light on the PIR detects you when you move around the van. (there appears

to be no reset button as suggested above)

Well worth giving Tracker a ring to make sure the dip settings are set correctly in the PIR. This has to match the tracker unit to pair up.

Bailey Unicorn Barcelona / X6 LCI

Hi Jim,

The alarm on ours will sound within seconds of it being set unlike Chris, often re-armed by accident while walking about in the cvan with the fob in my pocket. A previous post suggested that there is a reset button behind the front cover somewhere. If you don't find one it would be worth removing the battery, waiting a few minutes then refitting the battery, when you refit the battery try to fit it cleanly, that is to say without bouncing the battery to battery PIR contact points. Not making a clean contact can cause all sorts of problems in some electronic circuitry as it introduces spikes.

Regards Terry

Thanks for this info, it seems to have cured my probs. with alarm activating for no reason, within mins of switching on.

3L auto Nissan Terrano, 2004 & Swift Elegance 530, 2018. As Leonardo da Vinci once said: 'If you find from your own experience that something is a fact & it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority & base your reasoning on your own findings' ie: use your common sense!

I'm pleased you managed to sort out the alarm and thanks for getting back to report your success. We will all have to replace that battery sometime in the future, and so all of us with the Tracker alarm can suffer the same way. I wondered whether I should change the battery as the system was just over a year old, the battery checked out was still good at 9. 6 volts. When we occupy the cvan I always put a piece of paper over the lense so it doesn't activate, I suppose that saves the battery as well.

Regards Terry

Edited by Terrytraveller

I'm pleased you managed to sort out the alarm and thanks for getting back to report your success. We will all have to replace that battery sometime in the future, and so all of us with the Tracker alarm can suffer the same way. I wondered whether I should change the battery as the system was just over a year old, the battery checked out was still good at 9. 6 volts. When we occupy the cvan I always put a piece of paper over the lense so it doesn't activate, I suppose that saves the battery as well.

Regards Terry

Do you know where the 12V 'rechargeable' battery is hidden? This failed twice in the 2 years I owned my Elddis, causing the liesure battery to go flat inside 2 weeks.

It was easily accessable on the Elddis (also to anyone caring to put their arm through the external locker!

3L auto Nissan Terrano, 2004 & Swift Elegance 530, 2018. As Leonardo da Vinci once said: 'If you find from your own experience that something is a fact & it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority & base your reasoning on your own findings' ie: use your common sense!

Hi Mick,

I haven't found the monitor or battery yet - the only info I could come up with off the net, I have collated and put on my photo site link for you and as a reminder for myself, I don't fancy paying an arm & leg just for changing a battery - Regards Terry

http://www. flickr. com/photos/datacard/5537097726/

Do you know where the 12V 'rechargeable' battery is hidden? This failed twice in the 2 years I owned my Elddis, causing the liesure battery to go flat inside 2 weeks.

It was easily accessable on the Elddis (also to anyone caring to put their arm through the external locker!

Hi Mick -

Tracker Monitor 462 - found it - when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable is the location,

I think I have left enough clues in the picture, for someone who owns the 462 - to know where the Tracker Monitor is located, a fair bit of awkward dismantling is required to get at it.

I can identify the 7 ampere, rechargeable battery, the VHF transmitter and antenna, and where the emergency dry battery might be located, if that is the dry battery, I can see why it might cost £139.

For a closer look, right click on the photograph and choose original size. At least if you have a problem there are a few more connections you can reseat when trouble shooting.

http://www. flickr. co. ..57623326197650/

The rechargeable battery is like the spare I bought to replace a clapped out battery in my home alarm system, the original battery lasted over ten years and cost only a fiver to replace from the Battery Shop in Swindon.

Regards Terry

Edited by Terrytraveller