Sign in to follow this  
ruckinge retrievers

12v Fault To Grill 2011 Clubman

Has anyone else had a call about a 12v over heating fault to grill?

A call from who ?? can you expand a little

The company who make the wiring looms for lunar. Somebody leisure possibly ajs leisure but i didn't catch the name properly. they also said that the engineer would fix the awning light problem whilst he was here.

12V overheating fault on the grill??

Never heard of it, only 12V is the spark ignition.

The awning light switching is Keene Electronics, wonder where the connection between grill and awning light comes from.

Anyhow very interesting, please keep all us Lunar chaps informed.

Many Thanks

Brian

Will do was advised that there is a 12v fan with the grill i didn't know that i thought only for ignition. engineer due on 21st will let you know but of fixes awning light will be good.

Have just phoned number back is dcl leisure.

Just a thought is your dealer on board with this, they should be coordinating any repair while under warranty, they should know what the subcontract firm’s modification or repair involves even if its come direct from Lunar as the dealer is responsible for any warranty work undertaken. My shower was repaired by a subcontract firm but under control by the dealer with Lunar's approval.

Regards

NigelH

Edited by Nidge4

Have done

the unthinkable and read instruction!

Thetford s~ck 13000 it does have a cooling fan which comes on a few minutes after oven or grill switched on stays on after oven or grill switched off until front of cooker cooled sufficiently

12V overheating fault on the grill??

Never heard of it, only 12V is the spark ignition.

The awning light switching is Keene Electronics, wonder where the connection between grill and awning light comes from.

Anyhow very interesting, please keep all us Lunar chaps informed.

Many Thanks

Brian

Has anybody else received a letter? as we have the CK-13000 fitted on our van, and the fan comes on when the oven gets hot but we have not really used the grill what might happen if we do?

The awning light fault is being dealt with by the caravan loom manufacturer because the fault is evident because they did not supply looms correctly wired to allow the alarm awning light switching to operate correctly the modified harness corrects this.

Engineer called today to do the wiring modifications on grill but the 2 12v fans do not work it would seem that the wiring problem has caused them to fail dealer now needs to fix this. Awning light modification works fine no glow if switched off at internal switch.

It would appear that the grills in the first five batches of clubman &delta were incorrectly wired.

Engineer called today to do the wiring modifications on grill but the 2 12v fans do not work it would seem that the wiring problem has caused them to fail dealer now needs to fix this. Awning light modification works fine no glow if switched off at internal switch.

It would appear that the grills in the first five batches of clubman &delta were incorrectly wired.

My Clubman SB was one of the first off the line in september 2010 and had this problem fixed in november. It seems that the harness was wired incorrectly,the consequences of which was that the cooling fans burnt out. This caused the heat sensors to keep switching off the grill. The harness had to be altered and the fans had to be replaced by Thetford.

This was just one of many problems I had with the 'Van'.I am aware of the awning light glow but have had no contact about it though. Perhaps they don't want me to know.

Backaxle.

Lunar didn't contact me about awning light i mentioned it to wiring people when they contacted me re grill they offered to fix it whilst here. had previously arranged for dealer to fix it at first service

Lunar didn't contact me about awning light i mentioned it to wiring people when they contacted me re grill they offered to fix it whilst here. had previously arranged for dealer to fix it at first service

I think that will be the route I will be taking(another thing to fix at first service!)

Backaxle.