Avondale Panthere T/a

DISCOVERY77

I am after any information whatsoever on the Panthere models that Avondale made for export. Any help would be very appreciated, as Avondale did not have much advice.

Many Thanks

Hi,

As you rightly say the Avondale Pantère was built for export only. Launched in 1994, they were too large to be towed legally in the UK by other than commercial vehicles. They were big (I mean big) caravans, but were only manufactured for a short time. Production ceased in 1996 with the introduction of the Landranger caravans, aimed at the UK market.

I have added a scan of the weights and dimensions from the 1994 Avondale sales brochure which I hope will be of help to you.

Regards,

Gordon.

Pant_re1994.jpg

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

Gordon said:
Hi,

As you rightly say the Avondale Pantère was built for export only. Launched  in 1994, they were too large to be towed legally in the UK by other than commercial vehicles. They were big (I mean big) caravans, but were only manufactured for a short time. Production ceased in 1996 with the introduction of the Landranger caravans, aimed at the UK market.

I have added a scan of the weights and dimensions from the 1994 Avondale sales brochure which I hope will be of help to you.

Regards,

Gordon.

2492[/snapback]

Thanks for that it does give me a bit more although the one i have been looking at is a 6berth.

cheers :D

Six berth? Then what you are looking at must be the 6600 SL. The scan I posted was from the sales brochure, but I now see there is an error, the 6600 is NOT a four berth as indicated.

The 6600 SL has a fixed double bed centrally positioned lengthways at the front, with a washroom and wardrobe faceing each other immediately behind. Next on the right is a single dinette and the entrance door whilst on the left is the the kitchen unit. Finally at the rear there is a double wrap around dinette.

Regards,

Gordon.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

Six berth? Then what you are looking at must be the 6600 SL. The scan I posted was from the sales brochure, but I now see there is an error, the 6600 is NOT a four berth as indicated.

The 6600 SL has a fixed double bed centrally positioned lengthways at the front, with a washroom and wardrobe faceing each other immediately behind. Next on the right is a single dinette and the entrance door whilst on the left is the the kitchen unit. Finally at the rear there is a double wrap around dinette.

Regards,

Gordon.

2530[/snapback]

Hi Again

That sounds more like it,would it be possible to send a scan of the sales brochure to me? I know what a cheeky b***ger.

I could send it back to Avondale for their archives as a helpful gesture.

cheers

I'm sure I could do that for you. I need to extract the relevent pages from a pdf file first. so it may take a little while.

BTW I've removed your email address from the last posting as it's not shown in your profile details. I shouldn't bother to send a copy to Avondale, where do you think I got mine from?

Regards,

Gordon.

I'm sure I could do that for you. I need to extract the relevent pages from a pdf file first. so it may take a little while.

BTW I've removed your email address from the last posting as it's not shown in your profile details. I shouldn't bother to send a copy to Avondale, where do you think I got mine from?

Regards,

Gordon.

2559[/snapback]

Thanks for all that. I guess i was use to great service from ABI having just sold my 21 year old Target 5. 70, obtaining info was no trouble with that.

Thanks

Ian/discovery77

Hi Ian,

Hopefully the brochure is whistling its way through cyberspace as we speak.

Gordon.

Hi Ian,

Hopefully the brochure is whistling its way through cyberspace as we speak.

Gordon.

2582[/snapback]

Hi Gordon

I have not received the brochure so it may still be in in the great cyber yonder. Any chance of sending it again,please.

cheers

Ian

Hi Ian,

Accessing my work's server on a dial-up from home is a fragile link at best. I'll have to try again when I'm next on site (Saturday PM). I suspect that the file was too large to attach succssfully, so I'll need to play with the settings. Meanwhile if it arrives, I'm sure you'll let me know.

Alternatively, send me a PM with a postal address and I can send it snail-mail.

Regards,

Gordon.

Hi Ian,

Accessing my work's server on a dial-up from home is a fragile link at best. I'll have to try again when I'm next on site (Saturday PM). I suspect that the file was too large to attach succssfully, so I'll need to play with the settings. Meanwhile if it arrives, I'm sure you'll let me know.

Alternatively, send me a PM with a postal address and I can send it snail-mail.

Regards,

Gordon.

2772[/snapback]

Hi gordon

The file has arrived thank you so much. Someone seems to think that this is the panthere Ibiza model. Funnily enough this one came up for sale and blow me a similar 6 berth has also turned up in Autotrader today. A bit like buses not see one and. ............so on.

Cheers

ian

Glad it's arrived Ian. Thanks for letting me know.

ATB,

Gordon.