How To Buy ?

fairlynewbie

Hi all . .. Now here is what is probable silly question but here goes anyway

Just back from The Caravan Show ( its our first one) , we have decided on the new van we would like to buy now that after a year with our lovely little Abi to see if we liked it.

The van we like is Bailey Verona. .. well actually is our second choice cos we really loved the Bologna but it would not fit on the drive so, the Verona it will be.

My question is. ... how do i go about buying it ?

Do i trundle around dealers looking at it again and then ask for their best cash price ?

Or do i phone / email dealers within a certain radius for their best price?

Told you it was a silly one but buying a car somehow seems easier :)

Many thanks

Adam

Google the Caravan you are searching for and then visit the nearest dealers who have the best price or best recommendations.

You may see a similar van to compare with . It is usually the layout we tend to favour and some vans are better quality than others with similar layouts.

Happy hunting. :)

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. Internet connected via 3 dongle Windows 7. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine.

LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,.Reich Move Control. Safefill Fitted. ,CT. Ninja (Hon) Flies the flag. Tyron Bands

Not Much Money but we do see life. Motto . Carpe Diem .

If it was me i would go to the nearest dealer i could find and buy there As by the time you have chased about it will be no cheaper And its good to deal locally as you may needs things done and better someone close to home

http://www. bailey-ca. ..ork/uk-network/

As Rita says local if you can because of servicing / warranty work etc and time spent taking it there and back. Try to get a good price via emails for your new van plus if you are going to PX your van then you would have to take it in for them to give you a firm price I asked prices for our 2004 Vermont and the price of the new van via email and and got the trade in price they offered via email when they viewed it. If you can play one dealer off against the other for the best price be cheeky if you don't ask you don't get rolleyes.gif

There may be no diffrence for cash price but try to get some free bees like a awnning and work your way down battery, step ectect. Remember if you travell to buy a van it may have to go back for warenty work so a bargin may not be so if it has to go back a few times or they need it for a few days.

I agree with staying local, Would still get a range of prices and ask your local dealer to match or better the best price you can find.

Nissan Elgrand Homy 3. 2 TD, Defender 110, Lunar 616 Quasar

When they can get delivery of the van may be a factor too. Frankly I'd also check out the reputation of your local dealer, they certainly aren't all the same and I'd travel a bit furtther to get a better service.

Haggle and don't be scared to haggle hard, they will have a bottom price they won't go below, find it! They will still sell you the van even if you try and get below their lowest price.

Coachman Amara 380/2

Hi all . .. Now here is what is probable silly question but here goes anyway

Just back from The Caravan Show ( its our first one) , we have decided on the new van we would like to buy now that after a year with our lovely little Abi to see if we liked it.

The van we like is Bailey Verona. .. well actually is our second choice cos we really loved the Bologna but it would not fit on the drive so, the Verona it will be.

My question is. ... how do i go about buying it ?

Do i trundle around dealers looking at it again and then ask for their best cash price ?

Or do i phone / email dealers within a certain radius for their best price?

Told you it was a silly one but buying a car somehow seems easier :)

Many thanks

Adam

Re Bologna will not fit onto Driveway! If it's the Bologna you LOVE go for it and put it into storage site. You wil only regret it if you don't. Best of luck with your new caravan.

2015 ABI ASHCROFT EXCL

I agree with staying local, Would still get a range of prices and ask your local dealer to match or better the best price you can find.

Thats what we did, you'll be suprised ;)

No longer a caravaner :-(

Archived