Pegasus Onboard Tank Modification

Hi I was on the phone yesterday to Bailey enquiring about the whale modification to the onboard tank. So it fills automatically from your aqua roll. Yes I was told it's available now through your dealers, my dealer knew nothing about this modification. So a further phone call to whale to which I am told yes it is available through CAK Tanks. I am waiting for the labour costs but I have prices for parts

Ak902 plumbing kit valve £22. 54

40ltr upgrade tank £87. 53 this is recommended it has an overflow just incase.

Tank mounting straps £7. 53

Plus labour for fitting I know the information I have is not great please excuse me for that working nights so my memory is asleep. When my dealer comes back to me with latest info I will post. I hope this is of interest

Chris

2009 Mazda BT-50 Pick Up 2010 Bailey Pegasus 546.

With the info that is on this thread regarding this modification. it would be good if other Alutec owners got in touch with their dealers to get a price. Then we all have ball park figure. Cheers

Chris

As a Bailey dealer I can honestly say we have had no correspondence from Bailey or Whale regarding any modifications. I will contact Bailey today for more information.

Follow Reads. Main Dealership for Bailey, Swift, Sterling, Lunar Venus.

www. readcaravans. com

socialfacebook.png socialtwitter.png

2013 CaravanTimes Reader Award - Best Caravan Dealer 2013 CaravanTalk Finalist - Best Caravan Dealer 2013 CaravanTalk Finalist - Best Caravan Servicing. 2012 CaravanTalk Winner Best Caravan Servicing 2011 CaravanTimes Reader Award - Best Caravan Dealer 2010 Practical Caravan - Dealer of the Year

Hi just a quick update, just spoke to my service dept they have the same part no's and prices that whale gave me. They are working out how much labour time and what is involved before they come back with an all inclusive bill for supply and fit.

Chris

just this minute had an email from Bailey to say at the October show people were asking about it and they directed them to the Whale stand. They agreed to look into this and as far as Bailey are aware they are trying to develop this system. They dont know anything more than that so they have no fitting instructions, parts list and have suggested i contact whale. i will contact them tomorrow at some time when i`m not as busy

www. readcaravans. com

2013 CaravanTimes Reader Award - Best Caravan Dealer 2013 CaravanTalk Finalist - Best Caravan Dealer 2013 CaravanTalk Finalist - Best Caravan Servicing. 2012 CaravanTalk Winner Best Caravan Servicing 2011 CaravanTimes Reader Award - Best Caravan Dealer 2010 Practical Caravan - Dealer of the Year

whale have now got back to me and asked me to contact another company, which i have now done. this is what we are up against in this great trade we call caravan.

www. readcaravans. com

now its friday afternoon, 2 days after i emailed the other company and still no response.

www. readcaravans. com

i just want people to know that when we get asked question, this is the sort of performance we have with our suppliers to get the answers. its not always a dealer just not bothering to contact people back, it simply our supplier who are sometime useless

www. readcaravans. com

Shane - frustration showing!! Maybe not too impressive criticising your suppliers in public, if they Really are "useless" then do something about it, speak to management etc. At the moment virtually everyone is having a hard time BUT customer service should always be paramount. -:)) BUT they can't do anything about it unless you tell them, I sm sure you would want to know if there is a problem with your business not find out in an online forum. :-))

Edited by JanB

NE Scotland

Unicorn Valencia pulled by Merc E280 cdi sport

true but i suspect i may be given the usual answer that they are at the "show" GMEX. the company i am emailing i have not had the need to use before so they are new to us. if they were one of my usual companies i would know who to rattle to get my answer. it is frustrating because i personally dont work like this and expect a quick and professional service from the companies i use, just like my customer expect of me.

www. readcaravans. com

• 1 month later...

any update on the onboard tank modification yet as whould like to do this to my barcelona

ydda2 Mitsubishi shogun towing 2016 compass rallye 644

I upgraded the tank on the Senator using the 70l Fiamma(£60) and fitted a submersible pump in the fill pipe(£35) so that the tank could be filled without moving the levers

fiamma70ltank.jpg

There is more about it here

http://www. caravantalk. org. uk/topic/16285-upgrading-to-automatic-onboard-tank/page__st__20__gopid__141196

Edited by Watson(JohnG)

BMW X3 X Drive and Swift Challenger 580SE

i got an email today from the company. as yet i have not read the contents, but will be looking at it in the next couple of days.

www. readcaravans. com

i got an email today from the company. as yet i have not read the contents, but will be looking at it in the next couple of days.

Have you read your email Shane There is plenty of Pegasus owners who would like this upgrade.

Cheers

I could live will the removable tank, but i find the hand valve access, not great.

So i would be looking at replacing the hand valve with a 3 way solenoid valve. Operated by a switch similar to my previous 2004 senator.

But using only the one pump.

Has any one done this, and do you have apart number?

I have read it and it does seem quite straight forward. Obviously any of our customers wanting this modification can contact our Aftersales for prices and to make an appointment

www. readcaravans. com

I have read it and it does seem quite straight forward. Obviously any of our customers wanting this modification can contact our Aftersales for prices and to make an appointment

This is a bit of an anticlimax after all your teasing posts! It would be useful if you gave a bit more detail!

WHat does the conversion give us? Is it a fixed tank in the position taken by the portable one? How is it filled? And used?

This is a bit of an anticlimax after all your teasing posts! It would be useful if you gave a bit more detail!

WHat does the conversion give us? Is it a fixed tank in the position taken by the portable one? How is it filled? And used?

I believe CAK Tanks in Kenilworth have this kit. It includes a new onboard tank & fastening kit, I think it's about £75 or so. Give them a call on 01926 854271

I'm going to get one myself though will probably only get the plumbing bits, as it's sometimes useful to have a removeable tank.

Edited by Hairyspinner

Yes I agree considering I started this thread and Reads being my dealer. . To which I gave them all the details regarding this after fit. To which we will contact you when we have some info. ..!!! Still waiting

This a picture of it!(sorry - can't upload it!)

Edited by nigelhirst

Airstream 684S2 + Range Rover Vogue SDV8

Eriba Triton 430 + Freelander 2 (for the wife to have a go. ...)

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If it is broke, buy another one"

Yes I agree considering I started this thread and Reads being my dealer. . To which I gave them all the details regarding this after fit. To which we will contact you when we have some info. ..!!! Still waiting

im very sorry i wasnt aware that you or any other customer had requested the information. i will get someone to contact you on Monday if you could pm me with your contact details.

www. readcaravans. com