Which 2005 Vans Would You Reccomend From Swift

DOUGGIE

Today I received a few different brochures on various caravans, I am after a five berth, front and rear bunks central kitchen and bathroom.

I have decided on swift, partly because my mum had on and now has a motorhome, but I am currently a Bailey owner.

I really like the look of the Sterling this really appeals to me, are there any known faults with the sterling vans, or others within the swift group.

Your reccomendations and advice would be greatly appreciated. <_<

Hi, we have a Sterling Amethyst 2004, we love it had it since March, no problems, a very solid van, very light and airy, also the inside is very classy looking, what ever you deceide, hope you have lots of Fun. :D

Shiba.

We took delivery of a Sterling Eccles Topaz in April 2004. Very pleased with it. Nice modern design inside and built to a good standard. This is our second Sterling van, last one was a Europa which we had for just over 6 years.

David

David - Milton Keynes

Bailey Alliance 66-2 Motorhome for holidays and a Kia Venga for home.

Caravan Travels

Today I received a few different brochures on various caravans,  I am after a five berth, front and rear bunks central kitchen and bathroom.

I have decided on swift, partly because my mum had on and now has a motorhome, but I am currently a Bailey owner.

I really like the look of the Sterling this really appeals to me, are there any known faults with the sterling vans, or others within the swift group.

Your reccomendations and advice would be greatly appreciated. <_<

2345[/snapback]

we have a sterling europa 2 berth and agree with shiba good vans seems to be well made the only complaint I have heard of is that all sterling vans are nose heavy.

Static nose weight 100kg.(according to manual )

we have not had any problems with stability and when loaded to go

checked nose weight and it was 75kg

which suited our tow vehicle

Happy Caravanning whichever you choose

Tommy G

Hi TommyG,

We also have a Sterling Europa 460,excellent van. These vans do tend to be nose heavy,but the 100kgs that you quote is in fact the static drawbar download limit,so that even with a hefty 4x4 with 150kgs hitch limit,you should not have a noseweight in excess of 100kgs. :)

Frank

We have just ordered a dealer special Abbey Aventura to replace our Swift Challenger.

Great van, just wanted a fixed bed as we are fed up with making them up.

Also looked at a few German vans but decided to go for a Swift group van again as I am sure we will get a better price cum tarde in time.

Swift also seemed a lot better than the Explorer group caravans.

yup, another vote for Abbey - ours is older (1998) but still looking great and feeling solid like it's got years left in it.

Inside still looks newish so they seem to wear pretty well.

A bit hefty at around 1650kg mtplm but put a good towcar on it and it's a very well behaved tow. ..double axle helps no doubt.

Steve

B)

yup, another vote for Abbey - ours is older (1998) but still looking great and feeling solid like it's got years left in it.  

Inside still looks newish so they seem to wear pretty well.  

A bit hefty at around 1650kg mtplm but put a good towcar on it and it's a very well behaved tow. ..double axle helps no doubt.

Steve

B)

3058[/snapback]

I too have an Abbey but the Spectrum (2000 model)twin axle and it is very hefty at 1850kg but its also very well behaved when towing with my 4 x 4. Fixed bed and full rear bathroom were a definite necessity for me so there was little choice and the Abbey won hands down despite the weight.

Margaret

Margaret

I don't do technical !!!

Just me and my showdogs!!

We are on our second Sterling van and think that they are excellent. Agree with the heavy noseweight comments it applies to our model as well.

So long as you pack it properly our noseweight comes out at about 90kg which is fine for our car.

Pete.