Adults Only Sites

bigjimmy

Both CC and C&CC already have such a scheme in place - called membership.

True (we are C. C. members) but, at the moment, 'offenders', be they from either club, would only be suspended for behaviour within the relevant club. My suggestion broadens this to everyone, (club(s) member or not, across the whole spectrum of camping. Computer technology makes it simple for all clubs and private site owners to be included. An administration centre (possibly one or both clubs) could monitor the process, and the costs (including issue of a card (licence)) need not be significant. For club members it could be incorporated as part of the membership card.

I think that such a system would reduce the incidences of bad behaviour, because of the resultant accountability. And some costs of the scheme would be offset by the reduction in annual, unnecessary repair costs to site property.

I would be happy to subscribe to such a scheme; particularly if it resulted in parents and dog owners behaving in a responsible and more considerate manner, and hepled to ensure that camping continued in the longer term to provide the relaxation that it should.

It may well also help to stem the tide of more campsites going to Adults Only, which can only be a good thing for the kids of present and future generations.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True (we are C. C. members) but, at the moment, 'offenders', be they from either club, would only be suspended for behaviour within the relevant club. My suggestion broadens this to everyone, (club(s) member or not, across the whole spectrum of camping. Computer technology makes it simple for all clubs and private site owners to be included. An administration centre (possibly one or both clubs) could monitor the process, and the costs (including issue of a card (licence)) need not be significant. For club members it could be incorporated as part of the membership card.

I think that such a system would reduce the incidences of bad behaviour, because of the resultant accountability. And some costs of the scheme would be offset by the reduction in annual, unnecessary repair costs to site property.

I would be happy to subscribe to such a scheme; particularly if it resulted in parents and dog owners behaving in a responsible and more considerate manner, and hepled to ensure that camping continued in the longer term to provide the relaxation that it should.

It may well also help to stem the tide of more campsites going to Adults Only, which can only be a good thing for the kids of present and future generations.

A noble idea and certainly a step in the right direction to contain and minimising missbehaviour.

As to stop it or completely eliminate the problem, it would be as successfull as king Canute turning back the tide.

Human nature, a very unpredictable beast.

Middi

A noble idea and certainly a step in the right direction to contain and minimising missbehaviour.

As to stop it or completely eliminate the problem, it would be as successfull as king Canute turning back the tide.

Human nature, a very unpredictable beast.

Middi

Probably the best one could hope for. Human nature; there's a subject on its own. And itself the cause of many adverse comments on this and other forums. Funny lot, aren't we? :lol:

Paul

It was just a joke, don't take life so serious.

Stu :)

Well, that probably means then that you want to do something that is either against site regs, annoying to others or to let your kids and/or dogs run riot. If it is not any of those things then there would be no reason not to want to be near me! I wouldn't bother you and if you followed the rules and your family were not bothering me then I would have nothing to be concerned about. However, if that is the case then I am absolutely certain I won't want to be near you either. :P

This is a fantastic idea

I would be happy to join a scheme like this.

Stu :)

2014 SsangYong Turismo ES tugging
Compass Kensington 866 2017 Bailey Senator Carolina S5 with Powrtouch 4 AWD
Wife, Daughter and 2 Sons and a dog called Meg