Bailey 6 Berths

Am going to buy a new triple bunk 6 berth and have narrowed it to either Bailey Pageant Bretagne S7 or Bailey Olympus 546. Both 2010. Bretange can be very slightly cheaper but is effectivly old technology but then again is 4" wider.

Reason for choosing Bailey is that they are only ones with sliding partition rather than curtain across end bedroom.

Any thoughts/help welcome

330d with a Challenger following!

We have a pageant S7 Bretagne, and absolutely love it. With three Kids the layout works very well for us, only slight down side is the size of the shower/Toilet. Rather cramped. Have used the shower, so its not impossible.

We bought the caravan from new, only minor niggles with it and very quickly and easily sorted out. Some of these were down to my lack of experience, this being our first Caravan. Given the choice, would I buy this caravan again, the answer would be yes.

<p>Ford Galaxy Auto (powershift)AWD Towing An Elddis Avante 866 :)

How about the Gt60 540/6 same as the Bretagne S7 and but cheaper.

Check out the spec's on Baileys site.

Bailey GT60 540/6 and Santa Fe style 2010

Private Parking charge notice's are a Scam. Never pay a private parking ticket, ignore it.

Hi Rinty

I used to have the series 6 pageant Bretagne which was a great van, then I placed a deposit on a series 7 Bretagne because we fell In love with the layout you are After we have 4 kids so 2 rooms a massive factor for us. Then Bailey brought out the Pegasus which we fell In love with. Even though we have a few dents on the front. The van is superb. So your asking which one. It's down to personal choice, they are both great vans inside and out. But I would steer more to the latest build. No damp ever hopefully !! Is there much of a difference in price in second values Olympus and peggys. If there isn't then go for the peg slighty wider. What ever you decide you won't be disappointed

Chris

2009 Mazda BT-50 Pick Up 2010 Bailey Pegasus 546.

we have an S7 Bretagne also which is very good - The sliding door partition is excellent if you have kids!.. We felt also that the extra width makes all the difference and is worth it. The Ranger GT60 is not actually the same as it is 4 inches narrower and does not have the ATC system as std - still a good van though. .

2009 Bailey Pageant S7 Bretagne.

Audi 3. 0 Q7 SE .

We have 3 kids, aged 2, 5 and 8 and the Pegasus 546 works really well for us - especially the solid door at night! We were originally going to go for a series 7 Bretagne but I managed to get the Pegasus for not much more.

As has been said already the bathroom is small but the Pegasus's is more usable in our opinon than the Bretagne. and has a separete shower rather than the extending tap.

VW Touareg 3. 0L V6 262 R Line with a Unicorn IV Segovia trying to keep up!

why not have a look at the new pegasus 2 when it comes out? they have a very interesting 6 berth layout which i am seriously looking at.

Follow Reads. Main Dealership for Bailey, Swift, Sterling, Lunar Venus.

www. readcaravans. com

socialfacebook.png socialtwitter.png

2013 CaravanTimes Reader Award - Best Caravan Dealer 2013 CaravanTalk Finalist - Best Caravan Dealer 2013 CaravanTalk Finalist - Best Caravan Servicing. 2012 CaravanTalk Winner Best Caravan Servicing 2011 CaravanTimes Reader Award - Best Caravan Dealer 2010 Practical Caravan - Dealer of the Year

We also have the Series 7 Bretagne.

We have looked in the same layout vans in the Olympus & Pegasus ranges and both the wife and I feel the Bretagne is a better finish.

Definite plus point of all these vans is being able to seprate the kids bedroom after they have gone to bed. The bathroom is a compromise, we only use that for showering the kids, the wife and I use the shower blocks.

We only have two kids so we lift up the bottom bunk which gives up additional storage space for toys, wine & beer!!!

Whichever one you chose, the layout is ideal for a young family.

Kia Sorento KX-2 Auto - Bailey Pegasus GT65 Ancona

We have the 540/6, so not exactly what you are looking at but we love the layout. Our kids are 16 and 14 and being able to shut them off with the "door" is really handy as they want to sleep in each morning. They fit on the bunks without a problem and we also lift the bottom bunk for added storage. Leisure Sales in Sandbach have a 2010 GT60 540/6 in stock at the moment for £12995. The range is just about to be replaced by the Orion though.

We are really pleased with our choice of layout.

When I was looking I did like the vans with the double fixed bunks - but the triple bunks always looked like the bottom bunk was a poor idea and possibly a very cold bunk.

Based on quick glance only

When I was looking I did like the vans with the double fixed bunks - but the triple bunks always looked like the bottom bunk was a poor idea and possibly a very cold bunk.

Based on quick glance only

Not used our 546 since the end of October as been having some work done on it but the youngest has been fine in the bottom bunk todate, although we put one of the back rests in between the ladder and rear seat to stop her falling out as she is used to a cot. it has certainly not been any colder than the bunk above.

VW Touareg 3. 0L V6 262 R Line with a Unicorn IV Segovia trying to keep up!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank-you all. Had more or less decided on a Peg 546 but have found a good deal on a 'new' Bretagne for more than 2000 less. Couldnt justify the extra, especially when (in my opinion) the Bretagne feels slightly better finished inside. Really think that Bailey dropped the ball with the finish inside the Peg1 compared to similarly priced rivals - seems to have been corrected with Peg 2 - but no propper (separate room) 6 berth layout!

330d with a Challenger following!