What Toilet Paper

lee2460

Hi guy's

as you all know we are new to caravaning. Today I bought some toilet fluids for our toilet at our local caravan stockist, whilst there the shop assistant informed us that we should also buy special toilet paper and should not use a normal brand. Is this true ?

Regards

Lee

I got fooled into that one too - the difference is the stuff they sell dissolves faster in the chemicals - but it is also very expensive.

I use regular toilet roll now - the thinner stuff - not as thick as the ones I use at home - but it dissolves just fine in the chemicals.

Margaret

Margaret

I don't do technical !!!

Just me and my showdogs!!

Tesco supply ours. Just needs to be nice and soft. :) Probably made softer by injecting plenty of air (free) during manufacture and as a result a bit cheaper.

TIP: DO NOT put paper handkerchief tissues in the loo at home or in the van as these are made to stay intact and can block even a home system. :angry:

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

We are currently on Charmin at home, so thats what gets put in the caravan. No problems when emptying the cassette. We have used various other brands and also never had a problem, you really don't need to buy the special stuff.

Sam

Just don't use Bronco (if you can still buy it) or newspaper, not only are they not user friendly on your touche but they don't dissolve all that well either :unsure:

The other vitally important thing to remember is to never ever put any baby wipes (or similar) down into the tank as they won't dissolve and you will also find that kitchen roll takes an absolute age to break down as well.

Edited by bigjimmy

Just get the cheapest that Tesco/Asda/Morrisons/Sainsbury sell for next to nowt. The thicker stuff clogs up the works and makes it more difficult to empty.

• 1 month later...

We buy loo paper when we visit france, they have paper which is designed for septic tank systems and breaks down nice & quickly. I find this means when the tank on the caravan is emptied there is little in the way of solid matter remaining from toilet paper.

Oddly enough the French toilet paper closely resembles the "special" caravan paper that costs about 5 times more.

Yer cheepest I can lay my hands on

Agree 100%, with three grandchildren all girls the craze seems to be how quick can we fill the toilet with paper, use to have to rinse out cassette a number of times to clean, but this weeks half term I bought 18 rolls (£3) of Nikky toilet paper from Netto, dissolves great, one rinse and toilet was clean and should last rest of year.

Agree, we only use what we use at home, forget the Blue and fragrant rinse as well, Asda do disinfectant for 0. 99p we are utilising that in our cassette instead.

Agree, we only use what we use at home, forget the Blue and fragrant rinse as well, Asda do disinfectant for 0. 99p we are utilising that in our cassette instead.

Not sure about that - sure Morrisons (non) finest is OK and breaks down and that's the point - it and other solids break down hence the need for chemicals. The best being the Thetford sachets for us anyway. As to the rinse we just cut up a 'blue' into small pieces and pop one in at the start of each trip.

Cheers

Rod