Hi just noticed the pir is dead in caravan, Does this effect the tracking device ??? So I've changed the battery and it is still dead. My memory is playing me up am i correct in 1 beep arms the alarm and 2 beeps disarms.

Which ever one i go for still no pir, It glows red when you remove cover, But I'm not getting any green flashing lights.

Chris

2009 Mazda BT-50 Pick Up 2010 Bailey Pegasus 546.

thought it was 2 beeps to arm. ...id check ours but not got the van back yet :angry:

ex-alutech :angry: owner - now rehabilitated and happy :)

Just been arming the van with 2 beeps still no flashing from the Pir. Will have to put on list of jobs when it goes for it service in jan. I would imagine the tracker should still arm. And yes the battery has a full charge it's connected to mains at this moment.

Thanks for replies Pir is dead not picking any movement up at all and no lights flashing. So will wait till I take for service. Just a quick one as the van will be 1 yr old when I take it would the alarm be out of warranty does it need to be within 12 months ??

Thanks for replies Pir is dead not picking any movement up at all and no lights flashing. So will wait till I take for service. Just a quick one as the van will be 1 yr old when I take it would the alarm be out of warranty does it need to be within 12 months ??

Before you condemn the pir, have you checked for 12volt supply?

Even if the pir is dead, you should be able to replace it with a standard type, for under £10.

I had a problem with the PIR too.

The batteries had fallen out of their holder and I replced them. After that, everytime I set the alarm, the PIR would trigger after the default activation time and sound the alarm. Most annoying.

Noticed a button to the right of the battery holder and pressed that. The alarm immediately went off. After that, the PIR has worked fine. I assume this button is a test/reset function so I would give it a try.

Edited by CocoPops

Towcar - Ford S-Max 2. 0 TDCI

Caravan - Pegasus 534

Before you condemn the pir, have you checked for 12volt supply?

Even if the pir is dead, you should be able to replace it with a standard type, for under £10.

Sorry i forgot the "improved" alarm system now uses batteries! a cheap and nasty way of doing it IMO.

We have had our Peg' since 3/11/10 and the PIR was faulty from the start. The key fob when pressed to arm made the alarm go off within 45 seconds. Tracker sent me new one and all is well foc of course, why don't you send for new one ?. As mentioned its two beeps for armed one for unset. Bye the way by taking the PIR batteries out the Tracker still works.

Edited by pastiche19

I had a problem with the PIR too.

The batteries had fallen out of their holder and I replced them. After that, everytime I set the alarm, the PIR would trigger after the default activation time and sound the alarm. Most annoying.

Noticed a button to the right of the battery holder and pressed that. The alarm immediately went off. After that, the PIR has worked fine. I assume this button is a test/reset function so I would give it a try.

Hi the button reset your tlkn about is that on the Pir unit. If so can't find it just the square battery. I will ring tracker up tom. I've got to pay my next subscription any way

Hi the button reset your tlkn about is that on the Pir unit. If so can't find it just the square battery. I will ring tracker up tom. I've got to pay my next subscription any way

Hi Scousevxr

Yup. If you open up the PIR (screw located underneath) you will see a small button to the right of the battery holder, about half-way down (if I recall correctly).

Hope it solves the problem.

------------------------------------------------

Ooops. Missed what you said about the square battery. Mine takes 2 AAA so looks like a different unit.

Edited by CocoPops

Towcar - Ford S-Max 2. 0 TDCI

Caravan - Pegasus 534

Hi just noticed the pir is dead in caravan, Does this effect the tracking device ??? So I've changed the battery and it is still dead. My memory is playing me up am i correct in 1 beep arms the alarm and 2 beeps disarms.

Which ever one i go for still no pir, It glows red when you remove cover, But I'm not getting any green flashing lights.

Chris

Re the tracker, do you get the 2 beeps when you switch on? If you do it should be working, you could ask tracker as they can send a signal to see if it's been set. There are I believe, dip switches in the PIR, are these set OK, I don't know which position they should be in, perhaps some other learned member knows this?

HS

Hi yes I'm getting 2 beeps when arming. Just no life in the Pir. Spoke to Reads caravans they have ordered a new Pir for when my van goes in for service. 