Sign in to follow this  
trolly driver

Electrolux Fridge

Hi caravanners = we have a problem We only use our fridge in gas - for the last 3 times out our fridge wouldnt cool - the pilot light is on but nothing happening - does this mean the thermostat is not working - or the thermocoupling wants changing - or, re-gassing= would be glad of any advice - ta

Hi caravanners = we have a problem We only use our fridge in gas - for the last 3 times out our fridge wouldnt cool - the pilot light is on but nothing happening - does this mean the thermostat is not working - or the thermocoupling wants changing - or, re-gassing= would be glad of any advice - ta

If the thermocouple was faulty the pilot light would not stay lit.

GPS

Hi

You have not said how old the fridge is, but if ts not in warranty take the fridge out and turn upside down, and leave for a few hours, then turn back the right way round and refit and try !

Radiotwo

PS take every thing out of the fridge first don't want to spill the milk !

Hi

You have not said how old the fridge is, but if ts not in warranty take the fridge out and turn upside down, and leave for a few hours, then turn back the right way round and refit and try !

Radiotwo

PS take every thing out of the fridge first don't want to spill the milk !

Thanks RADIO TWO - I presume the fridge is as old as the van - I will try that as I am now off the road til next season - and ta for the advice about the milk - it will probably be a week or more before I do it - but I will let you know the results - Cheers 4 now - TROLLYDRIVER

If the thermocouple was faulty the pilot light would not stay lit.

GPS

grandpa Steve - ta for your reply - that eliminates the problem a bit cheers for now = TROLLY DRIVER

HI trolley driver. Is the flame really bright in colour?If it is not then it may be the jet needs cleaning. Also the chimney inside is coated and that you are not

getting enough heat around the chamber. If you take it out and turn it upside down to disperse the refrigerent as Radio 2 suggests,then its simple to clean jets,chimney etc.

Alan