Sign in to follow this  
Grumpy Auld Smeesh

Older Drivers.

No, it's younger drivers they load - for good reason.

My OAP year old father has been involved in a few accidents over the years :rolleyes:

Yea! Viva le revolution! Weeheeeeeeeee.

Hi Ian,Do I take that as Your indirect application for Membership!?. With the number using the forum on a regular basis there could be Three Divisions of Troops formed, The Non Driver(never bothered)Battalion. The Driver Battalion(including Motorhomes),and The Caravan Towing Battalion,

HRH The Duke of Edinburgh could be invited as A Patron, Richard Wilson as President,Ann Robinson as Membership Secretary and John Prescott as Finance Minister.

Yes

Pensionsers of today should stop moaning about their pensions as they never had it so good

Future generations won't be so lucky

Hi Rickardo,the use of "The Happiest Band of -------------"was offered very Tongue in Cheek. It was not inferred as a mark of contentment,FAR FROM IT,we are in the majority of the past Tax & NI contributors, that have been squeezed by Silk Gloved,Slimy Tongued & Multiple Faced Politicians that were actually getting paid from our contributions over the years. Some of those were so barefaced stupid and ignorant as to 'Bite the hands that were feeding them'. The Payback Time Revolution is gaining momentum,what goes around,comes around.

Hi Rickardo,the use of "The Happiest Band of -------------"was offered very Tongue in Cheek. It was not inferred as a mark of contentment,FAR FROM IT,we are in the majority of the past Tax & NI contributors, that have been squeezed by Silk Gloved,Slimy Tongued & Multiple Faced Politicians that were actually getting paid from our contributions over the years. Some of those were so barefaced stupid and ignorant as to 'Bite the hands that were feeding them'. The Payback Time Revolution is gaining momentum,what goes around,comes around.

Politicans are very good at sepnding money they don't have as our National Debt stands at £4. 8 trillion, something they don't want us to know about and they would rather concentrate on the budget deficit

We are all paying a high price for this through the amount of taxation

However it will be future generations who will ultimately carry the burden through paying more, having to work longer and faced withthe prospect of inadeqate pension schemes

There won't be any growth in OAPs - the Government will keep raising the State Retirement Age to ensure a balance is kept.

In the 2030's elderly workers of 75 will be complaining that their licences have been taken away, due to a campaign by themselves in the 2010's  :rolleyes:

I think thats probably the best point to come from this whole thread, we ALL get old, lets not talk ourselves into a corner youngsters.   :lol:

I think as long as people are healthy enough to do so (Via regular medicals at ANY age!), they should be able to drive at any age.  

BUT, in a working environment, there obviously has to be limits.

Ian 

There won't be any growth in OAPs - the Government will keep raising the State Retirement Age to ensure a balance is kept.

In the 2030's elderly workers of 75 will be complaining that their licences have been taken away, due to a campaign by themselves in the 2010's :rolleyes:

Hi Roger,

What Campaign ?????? :huh: Also there is no such thing as poor pensioners if they are claiming all there entitlements. Suggests you go down to the nearest Social Work Department to make sure you maximize your full benefits. Every one's situations are different so go for a Benefits Check.

SMEESH. .................

Ace Jubilee Statesman . .......... Jaguar S Type 2. 7d SE . ................

Hi Roger,

What Campaign ?????? :huh: Also there is no such thing as poor pensioners if they are claiming all there entitlements. Suggests you go down to the nearest Social Work Department to make sure you maximize your full benefits. Every one's situations are different so go for a Benefits Check.

Ace Jubilee Statesman . .......... Jaguar S Type 2. 7d SE . ................

We just get basic Pensions, winter fuel and bus passes from the state - everything else we need comes out of our hard-earned savings or self-funded pension.

None of the means-tested benefits are available because we didn't spend, spend when we were younger.

The way its going all the old will be having to work and the school leavers and young will be sitting around with no jobs because the old are still filling the jobs .

Dave

We just get basic Pensions, winter fuel and bus passes from the state - everything else we need comes out of our hard-earned savings or self-funded pension.

None of the means-tested benefits are available because we didn't spend, spend when we were younger.

You must be worth a few Bob then Roger ! ;) Me? I shall Spend ! Spend ! Spend ! and Claim ! Claim ! Claim ! :P :P :P. ........................

Ace Jubilee Statesman . ........ Jaguar S Type 2. 7d . .. SE . ...............

Insurance companies have never taken speeding convictions/endorsements seriously - they don't reflect an increased risk of claim from a driver because other drivers speed just as much but don't get caught.

Nope, disagree. Many drivers do NOT (knowingly) speed. ...and I'm one of them :P

Nope, disagree. Many drivers do NOT (knowingly) speed. ...and I'm one of them :P

I work very hard at never exceeding speed limits and I know I'm not always successful - there are some poorly signed limits, not that that's an acceptable defence.

That is as good as admitting 'Driving Without Due Care & Attention. I hope that "reluctant" does not see it,that is as good as a Confession on Radio and or TV that you don't want others to know of.

That is as good as admitting 'Driving Without Due Care & Attention.

Is it? How? I'm not claiming to be perfect!

On example of (possibly) being caught out when trying to stick to the limits was on the M6 last year. Into contraflow roadworks, signs were as follows:

50 ahead, 50, 50, 50, 50, 50, 40, 40, 40, 40, 40, 50, 50, 50, 50, 50, clear.

Great fun, in the dark, in the rain on a very busy motorway, whilst watching the other motorists trying to run you off the road. And yes there was a camera in the 40 section. I wonder how people got caught out thinking it was 50 all the way through?

Hi Richard,

I would say that anybody who says that they don't speed, inadvertantly or otherwise, are either telling porkies or are travelling so slow that they would never be in danger of exceeding speed limits and in doing so are a slow moving hazard. So I am totally with you on this one though I expect that I too will now be castigated but I can put up with that :D . I try my best but inevitably I sometimes creep over the limit,

Regards,

Ian.

Hi Richard,

I would say that anybody who says that they don't speed, inadvertantly or otherwise, are either telling porkies or are travelling so slow that they would never be in danger of exceeding speed limits and in doing so are a slow moving hazard. So I am totally with you on this one though I expect that I too will now be castigated but I can put up with that :D . I try my best but inevitably I sometimes creep over the limit,

Regards,

Ian.

I agree totally with Richard and Ian - while I absolutely NEVER try to exceed speed limits, I know how often I fail despite all the best intentions as it's not easy.

Would I have been better in my 30s? I don't know as then I was too busy trying not to exceed 30mph over the posted limit as that would attract a ban ^_^

Edited by RogerL

Sign in to follow this