Sign in to follow this  
andynali

Diy Motor Mover Fit

That's a big no-no!

Raise the front as high as it will go and THEN use the steadies - the other way round will put too much strain on the rear steadies.

Hi

bad grammar - sorry :(- What I also meant was "collapse - reduce- wind up" the steadies before raising the front - I was starting from a point where all steadies were on the ground and the van was level.

just as you said but you put it better :)

Motor mover arrived today, the wife struggled to lift it in the house. I have told her to wait a few days before she gets under the van to fit it and I will dig the bullworker from the loft and she can build up to it. Thanks for all the tips and advice everyone. Good deal from Catterick caravans and prompt and free delivery!

Which one did you get ??

just recently got onE from "tow Sure" £499 2 days delivery - full instructions - - have a good read thru a couple of times - and keep referring to them as u progress = I was just a bit puzzled at first about the clamps fitting, but as there is now drilling - the clue is in the wording "clamp" there is a top one and a bottom one - both slightly different dimentions on the "L" shapes - Have a practice on the back end of the chassis - where you have a bit of room to try it - and another thing - the instructions says keep the wiring from the motors the same length - but that's a bit daft = also - when you have done, before your activete the rollers on to the tyres - you can have a dummy run, without going anywhere - just to check that the rolleres are turning in the right order when pressing the buttons on the re-mote control - have fun - and do it on a nice dry day - and dont rush - TROLLY-DRIVER

just recently got onE from "tow Sure" £499 2 days delivery - full instructions - - have a good read thru a couple of times - and keep referring to them as u progress = I was just a bit puzzled at first about the clamps fitting, but as there is now drilling - the clue is in the wording "clamp" there is a top one and a bottom one - both slightly different dimentions on the "L" shapes - Have a practice on the back end of the chassis - where you have a bit of room to try it - and another thing - the instructions says keep the wiring from the motors the same length - but that's a bit daft = also - when you have done, before your activete the rollers on to the tyres - you can have a dummy run, without going anywhere - just to check that the rolleres are turning in the right order when pressing the buttons on the re-mote control - have fun - and do it on a nice dry day - and dont rush - TROLLY-DRIVER

Not daft really main reason they state that is there will be a slight volt drop difference on the 2 motors if you cut one set of leads shorter and then the van won't actually go straight as one motor turns slightly faster than the other (may not happen). But in my opinion the most important reason not to cut the leads is that they probably wont fit the next van if and when you change

Sign in to follow this