Water Pooling On Roof

Davidk

Water is pooling on the roof of my S7 Sancerre. It Pools at the front center up against the front roof bar and around the front roof light. I have spoken to Bailey about it and was told it is normal on the S7 and nothing to worry about. The thing is the roof of a caravan is bad enough to clean and with the water being pooled there all the time the front end middle of the roof and round the the front of the roof light gets realy dirty with thick green slime and life forming in it. I have tried tilting the van nose down and rear down but it still pools round the front. My last van was a 2000 Arizona dident have a problem with that. Wondering if any one else has this.

Dave

Hi Dave,

Yes I too have this issue but I don't see it as a problem,

Regards,

Ian.

Bailey Unicorn Vigo and a 2017 Ford S Max and a Mercedes SLK AMG Sport 9 speed, my mid life crisis solver.

I am washing mine tomorrow will check as cant remember it pooling the last time i washed the roof

2013 Volkswagen Passat Estate 2. 0 TDI Blue Motion Technology 140hp
Abbey Expression 500L (Adventura 317)

Hi Dave,

We have a Senator S6 Louisiana and we get exactly the same pooling on the roof with the resultant green slime. You are not alone!!

John

2014 Bailey Unicorn 2 Cartagena / 2006 Ford Explorer V8

I used to have pooling problems with my old series 5 pagent & lowering or lifting the jockey wheel did no good due to the slopeing front & the cross roof seal holding the water in place. I have recently had a new base laid for the van & this is slightly out of level left to right (not noticable in the van though) & this has solved the problem as the water now flows to the side & off the van at the point where the cross roof bar meets the awning rail . A short length of plastic placed in the awning rail at this point also stops any black streaks on the van

So placing a packing under one wheel may do the trick for you

Edited by TD 42

When parking the caravan at home, I deliberately "pitch" it with the nose high so that water doesn't pool on the roof. On site I pitch it very slightly nose high rather than dead level, for the same reason.

we had that on our wyoming so just ran the n/s wheels over a plank of wood so water ran off down the o/s. sorted !

ex-alutech :angry: owner - now rehabilitated and happy :)

Hi Dave,

Yes I too have this issue but I don't see it as a problem,

Regards,

Ian.

I also have the problem on site when the van is level

It can be big problem if you stand too near when the van is coming off a levelling block

Impromptu showering prior to leaving site not welcomebiggrin.gif

BMW X3 X Drive and Swift Challenger 580SE

I have spoken to Bailey about it and was told it is normal on the S7 and nothing to worry about.

Dave

I obviously see my fair share of caravan roofs and this is common on all makes and manufactures. I am not sure how you can stop it other than what's mentioned above.

Thanks for your Input. Will have to try raising the one side and seeing if that does the trick. I would prefer the water not to sit there through the winter period as it does get under the lip of the roof light. If this freezes it could crack the plastic.

Dave