Awning Advice?

cracar

Hi

We have recently just bought a new caravan having lasted approx 6 months of 'never touring again' and selling our old van(nneded a change anyway!) but the new 'van doesn't come with an awning so we are buying one separately. Firstly, we totally use our awning. We have a table set up for the kids eating and we are hoping to put some sort of 'bedroom annex' on to this one and we also use part of it for the dogs cage and the kids bikes so as you can imagine this is almost as important as the caravan!

First one is a suncamp. I like the fact that it's easy to put up, the tent insert looks great and airs without leaving 'bits open'. Also, we would be buying this new. I don't like the fact that it doesn't look as much space and dare I say, looks a bit flimsy compared to proper awnings.

The second one is a second-hand NR awning. Its huge and will take OH at least 3 beers long to get up with the help of darling son. But it's huge and we know where we are with a proper awning.

I guess what I want to know is are the suncamp kind any use or am I going to be advertising mine next week?

All advice and suggestions are gratefully recieved.

Hi

We have recently just bought a new caravan having lasted approx 6 months of 'never touring again' and selling our old van(nneded a change anyway!) but the new 'van doesn't come with an awning so we are buying one separately. Firstly, we totally use our awning. We have a table set up for the kids eating and we are hoping to put some sort of 'bedroom annex' on to this one and we also use part of it for the dogs cage and the kids bikes so as you can imagine this is almost as important as the caravan!

First one is a suncamp. I like the fact that it's easy to put up, the tent insert looks great and airs without leaving 'bits open'. Also, we would be buying this new. I don't like the fact that it doesn't look as much space and dare I say, looks a bit flimsy compared to proper awnings.

The second one is a second-hand NR awning. Its huge and will take OH at least 3 beers long to get up with the help of darling son. But it's huge and we know where we are with a proper awning.

I guess what I want to know is are the suncamp kind any use or am I going to be advertising mine next week?

All advice and suggestions are gratefully recieved.

I think you need to consider internal volume given the proposed usage you describe. To my mind the curvature of the Suncamp reduces the overall volume and height at the curve, which may be important if it is to be a busy, child friendly, dog friendly, storage area.

Gordon

I've no experience of the Suncamp but I do have experience with NR awnings, they are superb, so easy to put up and look great. :)

Pleased to hear your back to 'caravaning' after a six month break, this is only our second year of caravaning and we love it, we start planning the next trip just as soon as we get home. B)