2002 Senator Oklahoma

ChrisG

Hi All

New member wanting advice. I've just bought a 2002 Senator Oklahoma and as i'm only used to my old '86 Elddis Crusader 2 berth I would value any advice you could give me on inherant weaknesses, pitfalls etc. .. At the monent I'm looking at it through rose tinted spectacles! :rolleyes:

Chris

We had a 2002 Senator Arizona before our current Oklahoma.

The 2002 series Senators had ratchet widow stays on most of the side widows. These frequently blew open whilst "on the ratchet when pitched". On one occasion the complete assembly fell apart whilst in Spain and, as I couldn't find all of the bits, I had to buy a new stay whilst there. Otherwise no problems.

Hi ChrisG,

Can't speak for the Oklahoma but we bought our Bailey new in 2003 and have done 10,000 miles in it (twice to Spain) and it's brilliant. It hasn't let us down once and the build quality is just fine.

Yossa

Hallo CrisG, we had a Oklahoma 2003 loved it I cant think of any thing that was wrong with it, except us, we just missed a sepatrate shower and dressing room. So sold it reluctantly and bought a Arazona2003. so enjoy.

hairdresser. :huh:

Hi All

New member wanting advice. I've just bought a 2002 Senator Oklahoma and as i'm only used to my old '86 Elddis Crusader 2 berth I would value any advice you could give me on inherant weaknesses, pitfalls etc. .. At the monent I'm looking at it through rose tinted spectacles! :rolleyes:

Chris

1996[/snapback]

We bought our Oklahoma in Nov 2003 specifically for the fixed bed. We looked at the Pageant Bordeaux but decided we wanted the longer single beds at the front. We are delighted with the comfort of the fixed bed. Have an electric blanket fitted so it can be easily aired.

We, too, had problems with the position of the heater thermostat (and also in the previous Magenta). A remote one has now been fitted near the front of the 'van and no more problems.

Hi Chris,

We have a 2000 edition Arizona (Same size as an Oklahoma but without the fixed beds)

We are extremely pleased with the van and have no problems to report.

Prior to purchasing the Bailey we spent a couple of months researching manufactures and models and the Bailey Senator was head and shoulders above any other range out there.

So I think you have chosen well.

Enjoy your van.

Desperado

Hi Chris i Have a 2004 Oklahoma and its my third bailey enjoy yours i dont think that you can go far wrong

All the Best Derek