Just came back from a great week in Newquay

cornwall. As stated the flush would not work

from the start of holiday, was working ok

on last trip. The toilet is a thetford c-250

from a 2008 pageant provence.

I checked and replaced the 3amp fuse situated in

the lower section but no change. Also the tank full

light is not working.

I am open for any suggestions to the cause.

regards

Kieran

Bailey Pageant provence series 7

Towed with BMW X5 3. 0D

Sounds like power to the unit. Are there any other fuses in this circuit, maybe in your main fuse box?

2003 Volvo V70 2. 4 gas guzzler.
2011 Bailey Olympus 534.
Just because I'm paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get me!

Still under warrany ? I would check your 12v fuses .

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

We're in France at the moment and the same thing has happened on our 2008 Pageant Burgundy, the fuse is fine, all of a sudden nothing. I know it's under warranty but it a nuisance when you're so far from the dealer. Any ideas please would be most appreciated, as we've now resorted to the old trick of using an old fizzy water bottle with a hole puched in the top, nothing much to go wrong then!!

I replaced the pump some time ago when the neck split and it started leaking, but hey never mind.

Thanks all

Lunar Ultima 560 towed by VW Tiguan 2. 0TDi

Our new Peg developed the same problem as Spideygirl - board had dropped. Fixed by dealer.

The mechanic described how to repair it should it happen when we were away. Using a sharp knife, lever up the edges of the rectangular flush button decal. The idea, I believe, is not to fully remove it. This should give you access with a small flat blade screwdriver to level the board back into place.

Haven't had to do it yet so don't know how simple in practice.

Good luck.

Towcar - Ford S-Max 2. 0 TDCI

Caravan - Pegasus 534

We had this on our new peggy toilet and it turned out that the board had slipped of the brackets and need to be put back on. Not sure if you have the same one, but ours was replaced under warreny when it kept doing it.

On the newer Thetford models the flush button and board slips down it happened five days after taking delivery of our new Olmpus 464 (The same toilet as the peggy), everyone seems aware of the problem but don't seem to give a $*!*

On the newer Thetford models the flush button and board slips down it happened five days after taking delivery of our new Olmpus 464 (The same toilet as the peggy), everyone seems aware of the problem but don't seem to give a $*!*

We had the PCB board replaced under warrently on recommendation of our dealer. They seemed confident that it would solve the problem.

Had the same problem so it looks like it is a well known issue.

Thanks Big Keg for your reply, yes that's the bit that I think has gone awol, but seeing as were are still in France until 3rd July have resorted to sqirty bottle filled with toilet fluid. When I get back will ring the dealer and Thetford who havn't yet bothered to reply to my email request to them Monday. Thanks again

Got home and had time to check some things out, the 3 amp fuse blown so replaced, still no pump. The toilet full light works OK but still no pump, and there is power.

Have not yet checked the top cover panel, because the button does click and I don't want to damage the cover. Will ring the dealer and Thetford Monday for their input.

My thoughts so far is the pump has gone but I don't want to mess and then not be able to claim on my warranty, it's going in for service end this month and will just let the dealer deal with it (sorry bad grammar) I know they'll sort it because they're OK and the service from Bailey for warranty work and parts is second to none in my opinion

Problem sorted, changed reed switch

inside toilet compartment everything

flushing as normal.

total cost £12

much appreciated for all your help

Kieran

Kieran

Bailey Pageant provence series 7

Towed with BMW X5 3. 0D

Well finally sorted it this morning, took the top cover off etc and finally removed the pump. This is not an easy job. Discovered one of the connecting wires was loose, reconnected and hey ho, off we go, pump works fine.

Tip to all, if and when you remove the pump, take photos of the position of the pump, cables and piping. Take the opportunity to fit proper pipe clips (jubilee). It is essential the pump is refitted exactly as it was originally, push the two protruding side lugs up and allow them to clip over and secure the pump.

Thanks to all on this forum, hope my experience helps others

Well finally sorted it this morning, took the top cover off etc and finally removed the pump. This is not an easy job. Discovered one of the connecting wires was loose, reconnected and hey ho, off we go, pump works fine.

Tip to all, if and when you remove the pump, take photos of the position of the pump, cables and piping. Take the opportunity to fit proper pipe clips (jubilee). It is essential the pump is refitted exactly as it was originally, push the two protruding side lugs up and allow them to clip over and secure the pump.

Thanks to all on this forum, hope my experience helps others

Glad your sorted Mate, enjoy the rest of the Summer :D
  • 2 weeks later...

I had the same problem last year in Devon. Mine is an older (1997 Senator) but turned out to be a spade connection come loose. just needed putting back in carefully. Had worked its way loose after lots of removal of the cassette i think. Worth checking the connections that you can get access to. Hope it helps.

Bailey Senator Montana towed by a Mercedes E300D estate (W124)

caravan_sig.jpg