Haven Marston Meer Blackpool

Anybody been to this site. Thinking of going Easter with two kids 9 and 6 where I am looking for entertainment and an indoor pool in case the weather is poor.

Thanks

Anybody been to this site.   Thinking of going Easter with two kids 9 and 6 where I am looking for entertainment and an indoor pool in case the weather is poor.

Thanks

1933[/snapback]

we visited this site back in october to see the illumanitions. .on arriving we were told we could take any pitch then repot back. .now fair enough it was bad weather and late season but the pitches were dreadful the caravan lent one way and the awning the other and their was only about a foot between the next pitch . .the whole site was full of mud and puddles. .their was one toilet /shower block and the water taps were right next to other peoples caravans. .to be honest the only way to get a decent pitch was to pay for a full service pitch with own waste and water. .

the entertainment center it self we didnt use much. .we did have a meal in the guite bar one night which was good and this was next to the indoor swiming pool which looked ok. it was closed at this point. .the main entertainment venue we didnt think much off. .in fact on the one night we were going to use it it was closed due to a problem with no notices or info posted . .we were very disopointed. .thankfully we didnt have children with us. the shop was very run down and out of stock even basic like bread and butter. thankfully their is a tesco up the road. ..we did like blackpool and will be returning again this year but we will be staying at the caravan club site. .we have used haven sites before and i can only say we were very disopointed in this one. . :(:(:(:(:(

sorry if iv painted a poor picture but only speaking as we found. .

Mark

I deliver to Marton Mere caravan park and the last time I was on there it didn't look up to much. They seem to cater for statics and not tourers. You could try Windy Harbour caravan site at Singleton just on the outskirts of Blackpool. Tel. 01253 883064. This is another commercial site but seems to be geared up more for tourers. Best of luck, Tom.

Hi there

Much the same reply i`m afraid, We went to Marton Mere in October as well and found the pitches and toilets to be sub standard. The entertainment for the children was first class but children must be with an adult in the pool. We put it down to being near the end of the season that the place was a little run down. It was quite cheap (£69. 00 FOR 7 nights ) and a good base for seeing Blackpool

We won`t rush back, but the children did enjoy it there.

( You never know the toilets and pitches might be revamped by Easter)

Kev

• 2 years later...

I have just returned today from Martin Mere after staying for 5 nights.

Because it is the Welsh half term, the site was fairly quiet. On arriving, we had to weave our way through the rows of statics to the tourer area, which is at the end of the site, although very convenient for the swimming pool/entertainment complex.

On arrival, the security man tells you to pitch up and then book in. Well, the tourer check in was shut so I had to check in at main reception.

The pros - Very convenient for Blackpool, only 1 1/2 hours straight motorway run from N. Wales, tourer pitches convenient for the main facilities. Shower blocks were satisfactory. Pool was warm and large, although the changing room was too small. The touring pitches are sited immediately next to the Mere, so lots of ducks and swans.

The cons - The fully serviced pitches were a single strip of concrete and the remainder grass, although some helpful caravanners had obviously used non-breathable ground sheets and the grass was now mud. I was holidaying with another family and our two pitches were a mud bath, and we ran out of clothes for the kids after two days as they kept on falling over in the mud right outside the awnings. Although the basic pitches were close together, at least there was a wider strip of concrete, for the van and car, as on the serviced pitches, you have to park the car in a layby in front of the caravan.

We complained about the state of the pitches and got a free break from Haven and they did my laundry, so I cannot complain about the customer service, thank you Richard at Martin Mere, however most of our shoes are ruined just from walking in and out of the awning. My caravan needs a good valet.

The site is very obviously geared up to statics, the shop was well overpriced and there was no takeaway/chippie on site.

Would I return to Martin Mere, no, but the kids enjoyed chasing the birds!!!

Nissan X-trail 2. 2 DCi - 2005 Adria Altea 502 DK,2 well-behaved boys who I am immensely proud of!!

(Also a 1990 VW Golf Convertible, which definately does not tow anything!!!)

This post is not meant to intentionally offend anybody

Obviously nothing has changed much. ....

We were on pitches 35 and 36, and we actually laughed when we complained about the pitches, and Haven staff said there was drainage!! I told them in no uncertain terms that all they care about are the statics and the occupants therein.

We camp on a mixture of commercial and C&CC/CC sites, and I do think all round that this ranks very low on customer satisfaction.

Nissan X-trail 2. 2 DCi - 2005 Adria Altea 502 DK,2 well-behaved boys who I am immensely proud of!!

(Also a 1990 VW Golf Convertible, which definately does not tow anything!!!)

This post is not meant to intentionally offend anybody