Sign in to follow this  
lgxkls

Thetford N80Ell Refrigerator Problem

Hi,

Can any one offer any suggestions to get my Thetford N80ELL Refrigerator to light.

The fridge appears to ignite, and the indicator needle rises, but as soon as I release the gas button the needle drops.

I have tried holding the button in for several minutes, but the fridge still won't light.

I'm guessing that the thermocouple has failed, but could there be anything else wrong?

If it is the thermocouple, could anyone let me know where can I get a replacement, and where can I find a manual or other guide to show me how to replace it.

I am an engineer, who has worked in the gas industry (though not on appliances) so I am confident that I can do the replacement safely - if I can get the bits and some instructions.

Thanks,

John.

Any dealer will sell you the part i would think, though i'd go to Thetford direct.

Edited by Brassneck

appart from the thermocouple john (which are quite reliable on this model) i think you have an issue with the selector switch which often corrodes / tarnishes internally and two of the connections actually make up the circuit via the selection switch / via the thermopcouple / flame gauge .

i wont go into detail to much as people who are inexperianced with LPG may go tinkering, please feel free to PM me to discuss

Steve (Thetford Approved Engineer)