Would You Buy Another Pegasus?

To all the people who have purchased a new Pegasus, I ask the simple question 'would you buy another?'

There have been a lot of for and against comments on this board, but surely the defining question is whether you would buy another, or do you regret having gone down the Pegasus road. .....

Hell yes - best decision we made.

Sandra & Ken. Ford Kuga Titanium 2. 0TDi & Bailey Pegasus 534.

To all the people who have purchased a new Pegasus, I ask the simple question 'would you buy another?'

There have been a lot of for and against comments on this board, but surely the defining question is whether you would buy another, or do you regret having gone down the Pegasus road. .....

Without a moments hesitation

dont own one yet but might be swayed if more of the above comments come in. Hopefully any new owners wont be thinking of buying a new one for quite a while as these are hopefully built to last.

The really frightening thing about middle age is knowing you'll grow out of it.

Pegusus S2 Rimini /Honda CRV

Good question – a bit early to answer though, as we have only used it for a fortnight since picking it up in December. I suppose I need to ask myself why I bought the AluTech construction instead of the Classic constructed caravan in the first place. My reason for buying was the certainty that in time, water ingress and rotting woodwork will happen to any Classic constructed caravan that I own, whether brand new or second hand, and usually the day after the warranty ends – so the reason for buying AluTech still stands.

I’ve always collected stone dents animal dents and bird damage on my vans over the years, always carry a tool bag with me, and expect and thankful that mechanical/electrical things do go wrong – the certainty of things going wrong has given me a reasonable living for 50 working years.

Looking at the number of complaints from AluTech owners on the forum, against the 1000’s of AluTech vans that have been made, there really isn’t that many people moaning about them – so any potential purchasers or worriers really don’t need to be concerned about their intended acquisition or possession.

The customer service – mainly expressed through Kelly on this forum – is second to none – well done Bailey – so when you have a problem with your purchase, you stand a good chance of obtaining a satisfactory outcome.

No I won’t be buying another AluTech caravan – because I’m sure the caravan will outlast me.

I don't own a Pegasus and not even a Bailey caravan and have no intention of buying one but I would suggest the above question is really asked too soon. Personally, I think it needs a year or so for the manufacturing process to settle and hopefully remove some of the problems owners have been complaining about. My other comments would be that there are an awful lot of Pegasus and Olympus caravans on the dealers forecourt for sale - either Bailey have concentrated on producing these models at the expense of all others or they don't take so long to assemble and therefore they can produce at a higher volume.

Edited by colger23

2005 Kia Sorento 2. 5 Auto towing 2011 Conqueror 645

Yep - no problems with my 462 - can't see anything that I would prefer, given the opportunity a second time around . ..

Bailey Pegasus 462

Ford Kuga 4x4 136bhp TDCI as van tug

Mazda MX5 for frivolous moments . ..

Although I'm not a peg owner, i do have a theory. Having read the various problems and niggles that people have been writing about. ......... 

NONE of the issues (and even if you got a Peg with ALL of these issues) amount to causing anywhere near as much of a problem as even a little bit of damp!  And i suspect you could sort out even the 'friday' built peg much cheaper than replacing just one damp panel in a normal van.  

That sounded simpler in my head!? Hope you see what i mean. :)

Yes yes yes. Best van on the Market.

You won't find better

2009 Mazda BT-50 Pick Up 2010 Bailey Pegasus 546.

YES, i made the right decision,...i have had some minor problems, most should have been sorted on PDI, but compared to my friends Swift which needs the front taken out and re-sealed ( 6months old!!) they are minor.

Happy to meet, Sorry to part, Happy to meet again.

Without a doubt - although I hope to see out the 10 year guarantee first.

Towcar - Ford S-Max 2. 0 TDCI

Caravan - Pegasus 534

I put in a Swift Conqueror 540 that was only 18 months old to buy my Pegasus. I have no regrets and certainly would not hesitate to recommend or to buy another Pegasus in the future. The Swift had too many traditional problems (damp)

Alan

Swift Challenger 480 and a Nissan X Trail Teckna 2016

Yep, absolutely!

biggrin.gif and its a yes from me i would have 2 if i could laugh.gif

Yes def'o, ours must of been build on a Tuesday, apart from the leeking taphuh.gif

Digger

Shogun SWB, Adria Isonzo +Dwt Paradies 280 . ... 78% match. Pitchin next to you sometime. ..!!!!

Although we are Senator owners we were pitched next to a Pegasus 462 on the IoW last week, needless to say I asked the usual questions - turns out his Pegasus was from the 1st weeks production run and he was as "happy as Larry". Considering his 2 previous vans have been Hymers he was obviously used to owning a quality product!

If the pension would stretch that far we'd also have one tomorrow!

Yes I would, I have recently purchased a 462, took it away over the may bank holiday, and I was very impressed, everything worked, there were no problems with any of the equipment, I know it is early day's but it is a vast improvement over my last van which was put in part exchange with the dreaded damp.

Time will tell but the 10 year warranty was the main selling point, plus we both like the interior, it is modern and fresh compared to my previous compass 482.

I don't own a Pegasus and not even a Bailey caravan and have no intention of buying one but I would suggest the above question is really asked too soon. Personally, I think it needs a year or so for the manufacturing process to settle and hopefully remove some of the problems owners have been complaining about. My other comments would be that there are an awful lot of Pegasus and Olympus caravans on the dealers forecourt for sale - either Bailey have concentrated on producing these models at the expense of all others or they don't take so long to assemble and therefore they can produce at a higher volume.

try reading the question