2005 Honda Crv

Mozilla

I've just seen the spec for the 2005 Honda CRV and noticed that it has vastly improved towing capabilities.

The previous automatic version could only tow 1200kg with a max noseweight of 60kg. I know from many previous postings that this had put off people from an otherwise excellent car (not that I have any difficulties pulling my Bailey Discovery with my 2004 model).

However, the 2005 automatic can tow 1500kg (the same as the manual version) but the max noseweight for both auto and manual has risen to 100kg! Most versions also now have cruise control.

There is also a diesel version coming out in the spring, with the same engine as the diesel Accord that has excellent fuel consumption. The only problem is that its unlikely the diesel will come wih an auto box.

Just thought I'd let you know, especially the change in noseweight capability.

Mike

I've just seen the spec for the 2005 Honda CRV and noticed that it has vastly improved towing capabilities.

The previous automatic version could only tow 1200kg with a max noseweight of 60kg. I know from many previous postings that this had put off people from an otherwise excellent car (not that I have any difficulties pulling my Bailey Discovery with my 2004 model).

However, the 2005 automatic can tow 1500kg (the same as the manual version) but the max noseweight for both auto and manual has risen to 100kg! Most versions also now have cruise control.

There is also a diesel version coming out in the spring, with the same engine as the diesel Accord that has excellent fuel consumption. The only problem is that its unlikely the diesel will come wih an auto box.

Just thought I'd let you know, especially the change in noseweight capability.

Mike

1832[/snapback]

Have they changed the 4WD system? We used to have the old CRV and the only snag was it was tricky to get the rear wheels to drive. Had to boot it to kick in. Chose the X-Trail because of A)Diesel B)100Kg noseweight C) Switchable 4WD

Mike

Have they changed the 4WD system?  We used to have the old CRV and the only snag was it was tricky to get the rear wheels to drive.   Had to boot it to kick in.   Chose the X-Trail because of A)Diesel B)100Kg noseweight C) Switchable 4WD

Mike

2672[/snapback]

They say its "enhanced". No idea what that means but I know what you mean about the X-Trail's better towing credentials. However, can I ask a question? Surely you only need the rear wheels to kick in if the front wheels are slipping, so why would you need to force that to happen? Am I missing something (very likely!)?

Mike

Mike,

On the X-Trail you have the added option of locking all the wheels in 4WD. You then don't have to wait for the system to detect the slip. This is useful if you are stuck in a boggy field (happened to me). Switch in 4WD and all wheels will be powered (similar to diff locks I suppose) - got me out of trouble straight away.

Obviously this cuts out any differential action and should therefore NOT be used on the road.