Im sure Bailey will be pleased to have this thread resurrected again !

We are hopefully having the YC Leisure ABS front fitted soon. Will let you know what its like. Thought this would be better than the new bumpers/plastic etc (because of problem with awning gap) plus dont want to give Bailey anymore money if we can help it ! Has anyone had the ABS front fitted yet?

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know it's a VERY old post - just wanted to say. I am so glad I did not have the "upgraded sticky back plastic" put on my caravan.   I still own my 2010 Pegasus which has been amazing over the ye

We have one stone dint in ours and i am gutted i love my pegasus and ive allways looked after my past vans. I have mud flaps on my car but still got a dint in only 5 miles. We have not been away ye

I have ordered a Pegasus, due for collection at the beginning of May, will this extra protective film already be applied when I collect it? I cannot send details of the chassis etc until I have it an

Posted Images

Having done our first trip in our 462 and going to a farm site where all the lanes were covered in the usual mud etc I cleaned the van Sunday and there were no dents on the front or sides. Today the sun is very bright and first thing I saw on the side of the van was a dent .

I'm sure you are right Brian, but it does make me angry you hear so many people who have this problem and Bailey just wont do anything about it.

Pegasus goes in for it's first service soon and I am having the upgrade under warrenty done and will be buying a front cover aswell. Can you tell me where have you got your cover from Brian, did you get it from Protec?

Bailey will do something about it if you persist. We went to the NEC last October after emailing Kelly and arranging to meet Bailey top brass there. I expressed my general dissatisfaction with the van ( and yes they knew all about it because they do monitor this site).Bailey offered to collect our van from home, do all the warranty work required at the time and when pressed again about the stone dent issue they offered to do the new protection / bumper under warranty. True to their word it was all done. Just take the dealer out the equation and get straight onto Bailey, worked for us.

The new protection works fine, towed 300+ miles and no more dents and we dont use the protec anymore either. Interestingly we saw a pegasus at Lowdhams the other week, used and abused with 15 stone dents to the front panel. ..awesome !!

post-6-0-86459900-1463224994_thumb.jpg

ex-alutech :angry: owner - now rehabilitated and happy :)

Bailey will do something about it if you persist. We went to the NEC last October after emailing Kelly and arranging to meet Bailey top brass there. I expressed my general dissatisfaction with the van ( and yes they knew all about it because they do monitor this site).Bailey offered to collect our van from home, do all the warranty work required at the time and when pressed again about the stone dent issue they offered to do the new protection / bumper under warranty. True to their word it was all done. Just take the dealer out the equation and get straight onto Bailey, worked for us.

The new protection works fine, towed 300+ miles and no more dents and we dont use the protec anymore either. Interestingly we saw a pegasus at Lowdhams the other week, used and abused with 15 stone dents to the front panel. ..awesome !!

attachicon.gifBailey front stone protectors. jpg

The upgrade works!

Thats good news.

Having done our first trip in our 462 and going to a farm site where all the lanes were covered in the usual mud etc I cleaned the van Sunday and there were no dents on the front or sides. Today the sun is very bright and first thing I saw on the side of the van was a dent .

That is gutting! But a problem not isolated to the Alutech's. I had a number of dents on the side of our Abbey freestyle over the two and half years we had it. The first one was also on our first outing but I managed to move the reflector to cover it.

I guess the answer is plastic sides as on the new Bailey or Adria.

Al,

jonbev I would like to talk to Kelly about my stone dents and other things as well thank you for this information as I have got no where with my dealer.

gallery_1122_263_2304.jpg

Good luck to all of you - we are trying to get Bailey to do something about our very excessive noseweight (106kgs EMPTY) on our Valencia. Together with many others, I understand. Again, Bailey know of the problem. We have tried via dealer, directly and to Simon Howard - not one word in response. If Bailey is reading this, how about appointing a customer relations bod who can at least reply- then a department of workers to fix the problems. Pity, nice vans to look at.

attachicon.gif Bailey front stone protectors. jpg

I have had a letter today off Bailey.
Which upgrade are you talking about here jonbev do you mean the 200 microns you can have done under warranty or do you mean the line bumpers and 3 piece 500 micron polyurethane ?
Thanks
gallery_1122_263_2304.jpg

I thought they only did a three piece 800 micron to go with the bumbers and the 500 micron was in two parts? Do they do a three part 500 micron?

I have had a letter today off Bailey.

Which upgrade are you talking about here jonbev do you mean the 200 microns you can have done under warranty or do you mean the line bumpers and 3 piece 500 micron polyurethane ?

Thanks

we got the taller bumpers and 3 piece poly protection fitted. .the 200 micron stuff they sent originally went in the bin as it makes no difference

I thought they only did a three piece 800 micron to go with the bumbers and the 500 micron was in two parts? Do they do a three part 500 micron?

I had the 500 micron 3 part polyurethene fitted at the vans first service which I agreed to pay for (but not the extended bumper as don't see the point and it blocks the awning rail), however when I picked the van up as the first sevice was FOC they did not charge me?

VW Touareg 3. 0L V6 262 R Line with a Unicorn IV Segovia trying to keep up!

Same as MPG. Ordered the 3 part front protection and was quoted £53 odd. When I picked up the van they had fitted the bumpers as well but only charged the original quote. When i queried it, they said it was what was sent by Bailey.

I don't use a full awning so the coverage of the awning channels is not a problem.

Towcar - Ford S-Max 2. 0 TDCI

Caravan - Pegasus 534

Same as MPG. Ordered the 3 part front protection and was quoted £53 odd. When I picked up the van they had fitted the bumpers as well but only charged the original quote. When i queried it, they said it was what was sent by Bailey.

I don't use a full awning so the coverage of the awning channels is not a problem.

same here. ..never seen a full awning on a Peg with the taller bumper yet

• 3 months later...

I agree that the caravan manufacturer always seem to know best - answer always seems to be we have never heard of or isnt a problem - I dont think anyone at the piont of origin tows caravans.

I would be interested in your thoughts on protec cover - is it fitted on a alutech body with single awning rail?

Kaz46,

I doubt that all Pegasus owners will get together to mount a legal challenge to Bailey. I certainly won't pay them for upgraded protection against stone damage and have now bought a Protec cover instead.

Brian

I agree that the caravan manufacturer always seem to know best - answer always seems to be we have never heard of or isnt a problem - I dont think anyone at the piont of origin tows caravans.

I would be interested in your thoughts on protec cover - is it fitted on a alutech body with single awning rail?

Johcd,

This link should give you more info on Protec Covers. I bought the Deluxe version (more padding?) at the NEC in October and have used it 5 times since then. It is easily fitted (5 minutes) slotting into the awning rail on the near-side. It is secured at the bottom o both sides by lower awning rail inserts which have both velcro and buckles. There is also a strap which fastens below the towbar. At the top it is secured by velcro fastening flaps which fit over the grab handles and a middle flap which is locked in place by the centre window. I have no worries about it becoming detached or loose during towing and haven't noticed any extra dents so I guess it is doing the job. It also keeps the bottom half of the van clean. I hope that this helps. If you are worried about dents then this seems a good alternative to paying Bailey for additional front end protection.

Brian

Ford Mondeo 2. 0 TDCi (1880PS) Zetec and Bailey Pursuit 400-2

forget paying for the cover, get onto bailey and insist they upgrade to the new protection FOC !!!!!

• 5 years later...

I know it's a VERY old post - just wanted to say. I am so glad I did not have the "upgraded sticky back plastic" put on my caravan.

I still own my 2010 Pegasus which has been amazing over the years.

Stone dents at the front of my van have not a problem after having the ABS front fitted by Pannelworks Ltd.

The Pegasus, Olympus and Unicorn old models with sticky back plastic on on the fronts have all turned a disgusting yellow and look hideous.

Mine looks great

Ps nice to see older names still contributing on this site. Over and out.

• Like 2

I know it's a VERY old post - just wanted to say. I am so glad I did not have the "upgraded sticky back plastic" put on my caravan.

I still own my 2010 Pegasus which has been amazing over the years.

Stone dents at the front of my van have not a problem after having the ABS front fitted by Pannelworks Ltd.

The Pegasus, Olympus and Unicorn old models with sticky back plastic on on the fronts have all turned a disgusting yellow and look hideous.

Mine looks great

Ps nice to see older names still contributing on this site. Over and out.

Still got mine. I'm changing the bumper trim tape thingy as they are disgusting. Hopefully the new ones are better. The covers to the external fittings go yellow as well. Overall, after nearly 7 years ownership I am still happy with it although I would be happier with a stone chip free caravan. (especially on the roof) :D