Sign in to follow this  
beemap

Which Dongle

Received my Vodafone K3565 dongle in the post this morning.

Simple to set up and I'm posting this whilst connected via it!!

Result! :D

G.

Beejay,

how much will it cost you over a twelve month period on your three different providers ?

Dave

Dave,

Very little.

Have just been reading the above posts and find them very interesting. .Have looked at a few websites to do with mobile internet and it appears the Vodaphone are the only ones that do the " unlimited ", ie non monthly. .Have had a look at 3 but it isn't realy what I want. .I have just been to Curry's and bought two K3565 dongles at £22. 97 each including £15 worth of credit on each, they tried to steer me in the direction of the K3565R which is on monthly, I assume they must be on some sort of commision if someone signs up for a contract

Cheers

hobbynut

Have just been reading the above posts and find them very interesting. .Have looked at a few websites to do with mobile internet and it appears the Vodaphone are the only ones that do the " unlimited ", ie non monthly. .Have had a look at 3 but it isn't realy what I want. .I have just been to Curry's and bought two K3565 dongles at £22. 97 each including £15 worth of credit on each, they tried to steer me in the direction of the K3565R which is on monthly, I assume they must be on some sort of commision if someone signs up for a contract

Cheers

hobbynut

The K3565 £15 credit is for 1Gb only whereas the K3565R is 5Gb allowance time limited to one month . Swings and roundabouts.

If I had my caravan sited somewhere and was virtually living in it or it was in use alot then I would have probably gone for the R version. ..Curry's sales staff also tried to put me off Vodaphone on the grounds that " 3 " was better value ( they said 5 gig for £15 per month ), but for the very occasional use it will get I couldn't see the point of that, when some months the thing wouldn't be used at all. .I will see how it goes and like Beejay, I can always get other dongles if necessary. .One of Beejays posts above helped in relation to possible coverage by 3

Cheers

Hobbynut

Edited by Hobbynut

I unlocked mine for nothing without problems using a website link. It now accepts any BB simcard. One problem is getting other sims authorised as it requires an iPhone of the card operator to to so. In the end I bought dongles for o2 and Vodaphone when I could get a cheap deal withT Mobile still to go. It does simplify things.

T Mobile now available from Tesco. Dongle £19. 89 or £8. 97 with £10 top up. From T Mobile shop £19. 99 with a £10 top up included but you have to press hard to get it as it is not advertised or offered freely.

£2 day. ..£7 week . ... £15 month. 180 day limit unless used.

Iordered a free PAYG sim card from here

http://www. gomobileuk. com/free-3-sim-card/?source=webgains&siteid=20363

It came with £10 credit which was activated after registering it online with Three. I put it into my Three dongle and used £5 of the credit to pay for an internet add on and it worked fine on my laptop and lasted for 30 days. i have the other £5 credit to use next time I go away. After that I can just topup with £5 when I need it. I used to have a contract with them which cost me £5 a month but I have cancelled that now as I only need to top up when I need it instead of paying every month