Vectra 2.2 Dti

MDM

Hi All,

Just changed my car to a 03 Vectra 2. 2 dti but have not had a chance to tow with it as yet, all the stats seem to indicate this as a good tow car but would appreciate it if anyone has towed with one to let me know if it is all I hope it to be. There are lots of comments on the Mondeo which is a very good motor but as yet none on the Vauxhall. Ta in advance. :unsure:

M

Hi All,

Just changed my car to a 03 Vectra 2. 2 dti but have not had a chance to tow with it as yet, all the stats seem to indicate this as a good tow car but would appreciate it if anyone has towed with one to let me know if it is all I hope it to be. There are lots of comments on the Mondeo which is a very good motor but as yet none on the Vauxhall. Ta in advance. :unsure:

M

1768[/snapback]

Hi i don't know anyone personally who has one but practical caravan gave it a good review and what towcar. com would be able to give you all performance figures of your car and your van when you compute a outfit.

Thank's for the info guys,

Will just have to hitch up and get out there soon. :D

M

• 5 months later...
Thank's for the info guys,

Will just have to hitch up and get out there soon. :D

M

2390[/snapback]

Hi, im too looking at buying a vectra 2. 2 dti for towing my first caravan.

not brought either yet, but would be grateful if you could enlighten me as to how it tows your caravan.

had a 2. 2 dti sri vectra 02 plate,and if it wasn't for the fact i bought a heavier van,i would still have it today. pulling power was excellent(kerbweihgt around 1425 i think)pulled latest van before changed no problem (van-1250-1450)awsome car for towing,highly recommend.

fuel---------- 40-44 dependig how you drive? combined

40 ish around doors

55 ish on a run

towing---------over 30 mpg 30-33

had a 2. 2 dti sri vectra 02 plate,and if it wasn't for the fact i bought a heavier van,i would still have it today. pulling power was excellent(kerbweihgt around 1425 i think)pulled latest van before changed no problem (van-1250-1450)awsome car for towing,highly recommend.

fuel---------- 40-44 dependig how you drive? combined

40 ish around doors

55 ish on a run

towing---------over 30 mpg 30-33

30963[/snapback]

Thanks for the info just need to go and find one now.

You are welcome to my Vectra Elite 03 plate - leather, climate control, xeon headlights, parking sensors (F&R), cruise control etc. ..

:D

31080[/snapback]

what engine and how many miles and how much? and colour?

2. 2l - 35K - Oyster gold

It is in good nick, been well looked after - and looking for around the 9K mark.

It is a hatchback, multi CD autochanger, on board computer etc. ..

Looking for 8k+ (book value is around the 10K mark)

• 2 weeks later...

my pal swears by his 2. 2 diesel as a towing car - great uphill starts and a smooth ride / good suspension.

but keep a check on timing belt for signs of wear - timing belts remain an issue with Vauxhalls - with a change needed at least every 40k miles. Along with landrover head gaskets, snapped Vauxhall timing belts keep motor engineers in business.

As per Glass's guide. .......................

Vauxhall Vectra Elite

2. 2TD Diesel 5-door Hatchback

5 Speed Manual Front Wheel Drive

Year: 2003 03

Mileage: 35,000

Part-exchange Price:

Excellent condition:

£8660

Average condition:

£7760

Below average condition: 

£6820