Vans On Sites

TorryYank

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well with the number of hits a lot care.

More than 50% of the posts are yours, continuingly making the same banal point.

Steve W

2015 SorentoKX2 pulling a 2011 Sterling Eccles Moonstone

Well if I bought a new car I am in the same boatish. ... wink.gif

But before this post did anyone even know about this middle ground on commercials?

Perhaps you cant claim the VAT back but I bet its down as a company asset and your claiming the tax back on depreciation and running costs for it even the magnetic signs biggrin.gif . you cant have your cake and eat it as they say .

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

More than 50% of the posts are yours, continuingly making the same banal point.

Steve W

Well I started the debate thread? So why should I not reply. Thats what forums are for?

If you don't want crew cabs on site thats your view but they are used and I will use my one with magnetic stickers on it if you want. tongue.gif

Perhaps you cant claim the VAT back but I bet its down as a company asset and your claiming the tax back on depreciation and running costs for it even the magnetic signs biggrin.gif . you cant have your cake and eat it as they say .

Dave

Sorry Dave I ment if I bought a car but your correct on the truck.

If you don't want crew cabs on site tongue.gif

Nobody has said this

All we have pointed out is that for taxation purposes Crew Cabs are classes as commercial vehicles.

Just because you choose to use one for private means doesn't change that fact.

Nor does that fact that campsites set their rules and it got sod all to do with vehicle taxation

Nobody has said this

All we have pointed out is that for taxation purposes Crew Cabs are classes as commercial vehicles.

Just because you choose to use one for private means doesn't change that fact.

Nor does that fact that campsites set their rules and it got sod all to do with vehicle taxation

No but they have said no commercials and crew cabs are used so I can use my one. tongue.gif

No but they have said no commercials and crew cabs are used so I can use my one. tongue.gif

I suggest that we all just ignore this plo person and get back to discussing more sensible topics of interest to the more normal members of this forum.

Steve W

2015 SorentoKX2 pulling a 2011 Sterling Eccles Moonstone

There's a lot of if I pay this tax I'm entitled to this or that and there's a lot of if a site doesn't want to accept you it wont well as someone once said if a frog had wings it wouldn't bump its a**e so often

roll on summer when we'll all be out in our vans somewhere and wont give a toss either way :D

Edited by basilfawlty

In a recent survey it was found that 1 in 3 politicians are as bent as the other two. One Of Cols CT NinjasNinja.gif

There's a lot of if I pay this tax I'm entitled to this or that and there's a lot of if a site doesn't want to accept you it wont well as someone once said if a frog had wings it wouldn't bump its a**e so often

roll on summer when we'll all be out in our vans somewhere and wont give a toss either way biggrin.gif

well said roll on summercool.gif

What about cars that are sign written with business advatising.

You see lots of these on sites.

I think the rule should be

NO SIGN WRITTEN VEHICLES

At the end of the day a pick up is the same as a 4 x 4 I have one so that I can take all I need for my holiday.

:)

2014 SsangYong Turismo ES tugging
Compass Kensington 866 2017 Bailey Senator Carolina S5 with Powrtouch 4 AWD
Wife, Daughter and 2 Sons and a dog called Meg

So let's get this right. You have gone out and bought your pick up and claimed the VAT back. Then its a company asset that you claim the tax back on the depreciation and running costs and you want to go and shout around that you want to use it for personal use and Mr Taxman to stop my tax allowance while using it ?

I dont think you have thought this one through ?

Dave

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

So let's get this right. You have gone out and bought your pick up and claimed the VAT back. Then its a company asset that you claim the tax back on the depreciation and running costs and you want to go and shout around that you want to use it for personal use and Mr Taxman to stop my tax allowance while using it ?

I dont think you have thought this one through ?

Dave

Personal use that I am paying for the right for.

I am not shouting about it.

I only want to show that comercials on sites are in some cases such as me not breaking any rule with regards to private use.

Some views "hes just borrowed his works van" and I have not I have in fact paid for the right to use it on holiday.

And you know the other views all untrue.

Edited by TorryYank

Torry Yank, I think your great, Absolute laugh, Of course everything you say is b. ....ks, but you man are great.

I believe that political correctness can be a form of linguistic fascism, and it sends shivers down the spine of my generation who went to war against fascism

~ P D James

THis one has surely run its course. There is no connection whatsoever with the legal or taxable status of a vehicle on or off the road and the right of a site owner to make his own decision as to who will or will not be allowed onto his site - other than the previously listed illegal options (race, colour, religion etc).

This post is now just going around in circles. Would someone from admin please freeze it.

Although to be honest, I do enjoy TorryYank's persistence!

Now I have to pay the government extra cash for the right to take it on holiday so why should I be treated different?

If I can't be treated the same then the government should not charge me and many like me? I am doing something about this grey area.

Just to clarify:-

The government is not charging you extra cash for you to take the vehicle on holiday, that is just one example.

If a commercial vehicle is used solely for 'business use' there are certain tax benefits to the user.

If that user has any "benefit in kind', i. e. personal use of the vehicle (as per the example 'using it to go on holiday'), then an additional tax is levied.

You are being taxed because you have private use of the vehicle outside of your work, it is as simple as that!

This has no relationship or correlation to how a caravan club or site views your vehicle.

GPS

While we are moaning about tax can I moan that i m being discriminated against because I have to pay VAT on my car ? Unlike a commercial pick up. its swings and roundabouts .

Dave

Dave, everyone has to pay VAT on a new vehicle purchase regardless of whether it is a car or a commercial.

The VAT status of the purchaser and the use the vehicle is to be put to determines whether the VAT can be claimed back.

If the purchaser is VAT registered, they can usually claim 100% of the VAT back if they purchase a 'commercial vehicle'

Generally you can't reclaim the VAT when you buy, import, or in some other way acquire a car. But there are some exceptions to this. You can reclaim all of the VAT if you meet one of these conditions:

The car will be used exclusively for business purposes and you can show that it's not available for private use by your employees or anyone else. For example, your employees' contract of employment excludes private use including travel from home to the place of work.

You intend to use the car mainly as a taxi, a driving school car or a self-drive hire car.

You're a car dealer and the car will be part of your 'stock in trade' that you intend to sell within the next 12 months.

GPS

Its a few years since I owned my own companies and unless its changed . When you have a vehicle that is purchased by your company and claim the VAT back if registered and it becomes a company asset of which any depriciation can be put down as a loss to the company and you can claim the tax back . The running cost of that vehicle for company use is also tax allowed while using it for your work . You then have to declare what percentage of annual mileage is for personal use . How much you declare to the taxman is totally down to you on how much personal usage the vehicle gets .

As a MD of your own company in the drilling industry perhaps you have to travel and stay . I think I would be wondering if my company warrants a new caravan as a company asset you could claim the vat and running cost and depreciation of that . wink.gif

Dave

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Its a few years since I owned my own companies and unless its changed . When you have a vehicle that is purchased by your company and claim the VAT back if registered and it becomes a company asset of which any depriciation can be put down as a loss to the company and you can claim the tax back . The running cost of that vehicle for company use is also tax allowed while using it for your work . You then have to declare what percentage of annual mileage is for personal use . How much you declare to the taxman is totally down to you on how much personal usage the vehicle gets .

As a MD of your own company in the drilling industry perhaps you have to travel and stay . I think I would be wondering if my company warrants a new caravan as a company asset you could claim the vat and running cost and depreciation of that . wink.gif

Dave

No is answer.

And my truck has won awards from the Caravan Club.

How can you give an award to a truck according to some people on this forum like my old pal Steve who says you can't even take it to a caravan site. blink.giflaugh.giftongue.gif

http://www. isuzu. co. ...an-holiday-boom

http://www. caravanclub. co. uk/practical-advice/thinking-of-buying/award-winning-choices/towcar-of-the-year-awards/tested-towcars/isuzu

Anyway that enough on all this pickups at site.

Edited by TorryYank

• 2 weeks later...

Hi TorryYank

I can understand your frustration. The specifics are immaterial but effectively you are upset because the government is charging you tax because you have personal use of the vehicle. But at the same time you are (or at least think you will be) stopped from using the vehicle for a particular type of personal use. So you feel that you are being penalised from both sides.

If I can make a comparison if you wanted to use your crew-cab for say day racing then you would not be allowed to because the people that run the race track would not consider it a suitable car. Irrespective of whether you own it, pay tax on it etc etc.

The sites policy is to stop either certain types of vehicle or certain types of people or certain types of activity (i. e. possible unsocial hours materials kept on site etc.) The policy is not there to stop vehicles that are owned by companies, if it were then no company cars would be allowed either. Hence the reason most people have said that the tax issue is irrelevant.

Your type of vehicle is fine (there are already lots on site.) I'm assuming you won't be using it for holidays as opposed to work. So the only other issue is if your vehicle is sign written. This should be easily overcome by simply asking the sites or clubs if the sign writing on your particular vehicle is ok.

Hi TorryYank

I can understand your frustration. The specifics are immaterial but effectively you are upset because the government is charging you tax because you have personal use of the vehicle. But at the same time you are (or at least think you will be) stopped from using the vehicle for a particular type of personal use. So you feel that you are being penalised from both sides.

If I can make a comparison if you wanted to use your crew-cab for say day racing then you would not be allowed to because the people that run the race track would not consider it a suitable car. Irrespective of whether you own it, pay tax on it etc etc.

The sites policy is to stop either certain types of vehicle or certain types of people or certain types of activity (i. e. possible unsocial hours materials kept on site etc.) The policy is not there to stop vehicles that are owned by companies, if it were then no company cars would be allowed either. Hence the reason most people have said that the tax issue is irrelevant.

Your type of vehicle is fine (there are already lots on site.) I'm assuming you won't be using it for holidays as opposed to work. So the only other issue is if your vehicle is sign written. This should be easily overcome by simply asking the sites or clubs if the sign writing on your particular vehicle is ok.

I joined this forum to take advice and I am going with the advice given which is I can use a crew cab but no signs on truck. I am happy with that advice.

Thanks for seeing my point of view. I just wanted to show it was a grey area in responce to views from some people on here that all commercial drivers were "undesirable people" sad.gif

You will see more of these dual use as its a green option.

Edited by TorryYank

Hi TorryYank

Forgot to say I have put my truck round a race track against the clock as a bit of fun for the crowd.

Guess what? I was not the slowest! laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif