Sign in to follow this  
MarcusS

Norfolk Sites

Hi

We have decided to take the 'van to Norfolk for a week next year and would be keen to hear from anyone that knows a good site in that area. We will be going in May, just two adults, and we're (ideally) looking for:

A quiet site.

Location by the sea or in a woodland area.

A sight that has fully serviced, good sized pitches.

Really good shower/toilet facilities.

Any suggestions would be gratefully recevied.

Many thanks,

Marcus

I would think that Seacroft Caravan Club Site would tick most of the boxes, no direct access to the beach (from memory) but not far from cromer.

I would never call Seacroft a `quiet` site, its all a bit too commercial for me.

Just along the road is Incleboro Fields CC site, some pitches have sea views, some in wooded glades, and there also fully serviced pitches there as well. Four good amenity blocks mean you are never far from the facilities. 10 minutes walk to the beach,loads of excellent walks direct from the site, good pub with decent food within easy staggering distance.

Have a look on Google Earth, it shows up well.

One to avoid, the C&CC site at West Runton. The site itself is nice enough. But the 1/2 mile rough single lane track into the site is a nightmare. Not worth he risk of damage, to car or van.

I would never call Seacroft a `quiet` site, its all a bit too commercial for me.

Just along the road is Incleboro Fields CC site, some pitches have sea views, some in wooded glades, and there also fully serviced pitches there as well. Four good amenity blocks mean you are never far from the facilities. 10 minutes walk to the beach,loads of excellent walks direct from the site, good pub with decent food within easy staggering distance.

Have a look on Google Earth, it shows up well.

I agree with Angus - Incleboro Fields is lovely. It's right next to a golf course too - if you're into golf that is!biggrin.gif

We use Poppylands about 3 miles from Cromer it takes 15 vans and the pitches are large. There is a bus stop at the end of the drive with buses going to Cromer. The TV signal can be a bit of a problem on the one side of the field but they are talking about installing aerial points to each pitch

http://www. poppyland. com/

Edited by madmax

Within 20 mins of the coast you have both the CC and the C&CC Sandringham sites which are in more woodland areas; so giving the best of both worlds.

Alan

sandringham cc site good,cheaper than the c&cc site close by & better in my opinion. We had a huge hardstanding there this year(see my gallery pic) and peacefull eventhough it was a halfterm so out of school holidays should hear a pin drop

Hi

We have decided to take the 'van to Norfolk for a week next year and would be keen to hear from anyone that knows a good site in that area. We will be going in May, just two adults, and we're (ideally) looking for:

A quite site.

Location by the sea or in a woodland area.

A sight that has fully serviced, good sized pitches.

Really good shower/toilet facilities.

Any suggestions would be gratefully recevied.

Many thanks,

Marcus

Hi Marcus

We have had 4 very good holidays at: http://www. woodhill-park. com/touring-and-camping-id3. html East Runton,between Sheringham and Cromer.

HTH.

Regards.

Col

Marcus,

Have a look at Two Mills which is not particularly close to the sea, being approx 2 miles south of North Walsham. But it's adults only, superb showers, toilets, satellite TV available for hire, some fully serviced pitches and one of the nicest sites we have ever stayed at.

They have a website at www. twomills. co. uk

Regards,

Ifor

i have just booked next summers holidays touring derbyshire,linconshire,norfolk,only problem i was seabrook, its nearly all booked for the whole high summer season,managed to get 2 weekdays only, wanted 5-6, so have to go racecourse cc site instead down the road in great yarmouth,i just hope while still in seabrook there will be the usual no show and I can extend a few more days.

Anyone recomend a good CL near Tichwell with a hook up please. There is an excelent CL at Holt but it is to far from the bird watching areas really. Try the 5van website. http://www. 5van. co. uk/

Hi Marcus

We have had 4 very good holidays at: http://www. woodhill-...amping-id3. html East Runton,between Sheringham and Cromer.

HTH.

Regards.

Col

Have to whole heartedly agree with BadbackCol, excellent site and amenities. Fully serviced pitches are no more than 20 yards or so from shower/toilet blocks & reception & shop.

Beach at East Runton is 5 mins walk away and dog friendly, (lovely 1st thing in morning to walk up the beach into Cromer with my dog).

Well worth more than a second glance.

Rooster

Thanks to everyone who took the time to post their suggestions in response to my Norfolk campsite question. I've had a look at a number of them and there's some really nice sites. All I have to do now is choose one.

Marcus

We use Poppylands about 3 miles from Cromer it takes 15 vans and the pitches are large. There is a bus stop at the end of the drive with buses going to Cromer. The TV signal can be a bit of a problem on the one side of the field but they are talking about installing aerial points to each pitch

http://www. poppyland. com/

We stayed at Poppylands for a week last summer it was an excellent site as it is Adults Only and the owner has a GSOH and even collects and delivers newspapers at no extra cost. The pitches were really well spaced apart and it was quiet and very pleasant, good location near Cromer and Sheringham but not far to the Norfolk Broads.