Sign in to follow this  
M600GRD

Caravan Club, Advance Bookings

Just tried on line for the first time, didnt get in through the book now link, BUT if you go on to the homepage and log in, Bingo! straight in to bookings. Booked every site we wanted, even for BH weekends. maybe I was just lucky and hit the right time, after the early rush

Good luck to everyone else who tries, but hey I'm alright Jack !

Just got home from work, tried to get onto Rowntree for the first May bank holiday: no chance.

Should I have booked a days holiday to book from 9am ? Whoops I can't do that in my job.

Some people have even just booked some Friday nights only on other weekends, so that's the weekends screwed for others.

Deposits anyone? Oh no, that's been tried and doesn't work apparently, according to the office bods, but the wardens complain of no shows.

Brewery and pi55 up spring to mind. What a farce.

Doubt we'll be rejoining.

Jim.

Guest JohnKS

Just got home from work, tried to get onto Rowntree for the first May bank holiday: no chance.

Should I have booked a days holiday to book from 9am ? Whoops I can't do that in my job.

Some people have even just booked some Friday nights only on other weekends, so that's the weekends screwed for others.

Deposits anyone? Oh no, that's been tried and doesn't work apparently, according to the office bods, but the wardens complain of no shows.

Jim.

I have just booked two sites on the May bank holiday weekend and following week. No problem. Find a site that's not full and stop moaning!!!

Edited by JohnKS

Jim.

I think that you have more chance of winning the Lottery, than getting on to the Rowntree site. I have never managed it in all the years I have been a member. Yes before anyone starts, I know I could have two days starting Feruary the 29th, but that's not when I want to go.

Steve W

Jim.

Hmmm, i've noticed that alot of late, i think it's unfair and shoul'nt be allowed, the CC should take min 2 day bookings for over the weekends. no too guess's who's booking one night stands then ay ay wink.gif. ..i did'nt say it was the motorhomers BTW. .................................................tongue.gif but i doubt a caravan would want a one night stand laugh.gif

Tizzy

Jim.

Hi wigandiver,

The friday booking thing, sometimes people book an overnight stop to break a long journey or to meet up with friends and family before travelling on to their main destination. Also motorhomes pop in and out of sites on an overnight stop, maybe as part of a 7 night tour. Are you saying we should only be able to book a complete, 2 night weekend?

Hi wigandiver,

The friday booking thing, sometimes people book an overnight stop to break a long journey or to meet up with friends and family before travelling on to their main destination. Also motorhomes pop in and out of sites on an overnight stop, maybe as part of a 7 night tour. Are you saying we should only be able to book a complete, 2 night weekend?

Yes, if just booking a Friday night inconveniences others, and prevents them from using site facilities. Surely one night stops can be done at other times of the week.

People who work only have the weekends, and do not have any flexibility.

What happened to fairness and consideration.

Jim.

Yes, if just booking a Friday night inconveniences others, and prevents them from using site facilities. Surely one night stops can be done at other times of the week.

Jim.

What about people like me who book Monday to Saturday, or don't we deserve some of your fairness and consideration.

As far as I know, we all pay the same membership fee and the same site fees, what makes you so

special.

Edited by Steve W77

Guest JohnKS

Jim.

Your turn will come when you retire. We all had to wait to be able to go when we want. Retirement has a lot of advantages and this is one of them. !!!!!!!!!!

Tried on a number of occasions to get online today but no joy! Only wanted to book for Easter at this point in time and fancied Rowantree for the week to save having to drive about so much. Finally got online at 1600 - site booked for 2 out of the 7 we wanted! Realise there is no fair way of doing this booking that suits all but am pee'd off with the whole thing. In my opinion, for what it's worth, I feel a deposit should be taken at time of booking, might just help spread the booking period rather than this frenzy on the day it opens. Who knows?

Cheers

G

What about people like me who book Monday to Saturday, or don't we deserve some of your fairness and consideration.

As far as I know, we all pay the same membership fee and the same site fees, what makes you so

special.

Wigandiver-

Whatever you do dont blame the mid weaker OAP's or your likely to get alot of stick!!!laugh.gif

I still dont blame the motor homers for one night stands! HONESTLY. ..tongue.gif

Tizzy smile.gif

I have been waiting for today to book up our site in scotland, didn`t get in a tizz this morning but occasionally tried to log in. Finally logged in started the booking process, couldn`t find the site i wanted. Turns out that i hadn`t read the details thoroughly, the site we want nr oban is to be booked direct with the site itself. Oh dear, one of those senior moments AGAIN!! Phoned the site at 1. 30pm to hear a recording telling me to ring between 9am-1. 00pm. Fingers X for better luck tomorrow and if not then there are plenty of sites in that area. Ellen.

Keep trying by phone Sabre. They have 100 people taking bookings so I was told.

Thanks for the advice, Path. I did try telephoning this morning, but couldn't get through. Got through this afternoon though after about twenty minutes wait. The booking I really wanted was at Southport for the Air Show in September but guess what - it was fully booked! 'Nuff said.

Hi G,

We prefer beechwood grange at York, cant see what all the fuss is about Rowntreee park. OK its in the city centre and you dont need the car, but to me its just like a car park with caravans. At Beechwood you are only a mile or so from the P&R which runs like clockwork. Also, its a lot esier to book.

Just a thought I wonder what the percentage of people who have booked up every weekend will actualy go and not cancel until the last min.

Edited by dave11a

Thanks for the advice, Path. I did try telephoning this morning, but couldn't get through. Got through this afternoon though after about twenty minutes wait. The booking I really wanted was at Southport for the Air Show in September but guess what - it was fully booked! 'Nuff said.

Try this but you have to be quick as it is fully book for the air show.

http://www. willowbankcp. co. uk/

special.

Nothing makes me special, and I don't ask for any more than anyone, else except a fair crack of the whip.

The present set up penalises people who work Monday to Friday, nine till five, because we cannot be poised waiting on the phone/computer from 9 am on a working day, but we can only get away at weekends. That is why I earlier suggested moving the opening day for bookings to Saturday, or Sunday to give more people a fairer chance, and I still believe deposits would prevent block bookings.

Most commercial sites only allow a minimum of two nights bookings over a weekend, so why can the CC not do the same. This would free up more weekends for everyone, not just me.

No system will ever satisfy everyone, and I can sympathise with shift workers, because I have done them, but the present system seems designed to suit a minority, and I don't see why I should have to await retirement to have "my turn".

I'm paying membership fees, so shouild have a fair chance of getting a booking of my choice.

I respect other peoples opinions, and will not take swipes at anyone if they disagree with mine.

Jim.

Edited by wigandiver

Just a thought I wonder what the percentage of people who have booked up every weekend will actualy go and not cancel at the last min.

We must be one of the few that go to everyone that we book!!!!!

Got thirteen trips booked for next year. A mixture of weekends, full weeks and a Bank hol at Crystal Palace and the obligotory Christmas fair week ay Rowntree Park in York. Result. .rolleyes.gif

Us too, we book, then look forward to it. We have in the past had to cancel at short notice, both times with car problems, no caravan lights when hitched up, but always rang the site to cancel and apologise for short notice. I cancelled both nights rather than hoping we could sort the problem and get away saturday night only. As it happens both times we sorted the problem but had to book a CL instead for the saturday night only.

Went on at ten past four came off at half past having booked all the sites we needed for our holidays and some specific weekends.

No hassle at all.

My dad tried all morning with no success but eventually got sorted out later in the day.

BTW has anyone actually met one of these so-called block bookers who book a site for every weekend????

I don't see why the CC can't just state you cannot book more than a year in advance and that's that - then there would be no single release date and the mad scramble. It's my first year of caravanning and the shambles this morning is no joke, I thought this was a liesurely pastime but with the website not letting me even log-in since 9am, the CC phone line unavailable and the sites themselves not answering, the whole thing is rather stressful. ...what a rubbish way of doing things. ...

sad.gif

- CC

My thoughts exactly. Three years now they have tried and they are still useless. A rolling system would stop this annual stampede and as already mentioned to have it on a work day what chance has the working man got ? Caravan Club open your eyes and see what you have created. mad.gif PS a lot of people coming in from work tonight will have found the more popular sites for bank holidays already booked.

As I said this time last year. ..

If the CC had paid for an IT System that could cope with a peak of users that is only reached on one day per year. .. then we'd all have a lot to complain about, because it would cost a relative fortune!!!!

That said I do have some sympathy for the view expressed re staggered (3 monthly) advanced booking sessions.

Also, whilst opening the booking system on a weekend would be fairer to all it would undoubtedly increase the workload on the booking system.

I've only got one date in 2010 that I'd like to book today and that is the night we return to Portsmouth Ferry Port from France.

If the local CC site (Rookesbury Park) is full on that date then I have a list of up to 10 alternatives (C&CC, CLs, CSs and Commercials/Private) that I could consider.

As always the first day of CC booking brings out the "best" in people! :P

G.

Hmmm, i've noticed that alot of late, i think it's unfair and shoul'nt be allowed, the CC should take min 2 day bookings for over the weekends. no too guess's who's booking one night stands then ay ay wink.gif. ..i did'nt say it was the motorhomers BTW. .................................................tongue.gif but i doubt a caravan would want a one night stand laugh.gif

Tizzy

If I was travelling North on a Friday I would want a one night stop on route, I suspect many others would as well.

I don't even try at the moment. There is no point!! Book a CL or CS!!

Whilst I agree with a deposit system as it might help stop no showers, the idea of no one night stops at a weekend i'm not sure i do agree with, i have two one nighters booked around our main holiday in cornwall to break up the journey. The CCC have introduced the two nights only rule for weekends which has put me off them because i wouldn't be able to break my journey in this way.

Also if the CC did bring in this rule wouldn't that encourage people to book two nights and then still only use one which in some ways is worse in my opinion.