Sign in to follow this  
M600GRD

Caravan Club, Advance Bookings

Tried to check online tonight the CC sites in order to make decisions on where we go next Easter (and beyond) so I can attempt to make booking at work tomorrow when the bookings open(difficult in open plan office). I find that I can't even access the individual site information to make decisions as to where we would like to go as all closed ahead of tomorrow morning! I am not impressed that the booking opens on a "school day" in any event as this, in my opinion, favours those who are fortunate enough not to be/have to be at work. Why not have the opening on a Saturday or Sunday whan many more would have the time and freedom to access the CC website at he time of "open season". I know there will never be a way to please all but am I the only one who thinks this way?

Cheers

G

Best of luck,its a nightmare trying to even get into bookings,took me about 3 days last year :angry::angry:

Tried to check online tonight the CC sites in order to make decisions on where we go next Easter (and beyond) so I can attempt to make booking at work tomorrow when the bookings open(difficult in open plan office). I find that I can't even access the individual site information to make decisions as to where we would like to go as all closed ahead of tomorrow morning! I am not impressed that the booking opens on a "school day" in any event as this, in my opinion, favours those who are fortunate enough not to be/have to be at work. Why not have the opening on a Saturday or Sunday whan many more would have the time and freedom to access the CC website at he time of "open season". I know there will never be a way to please all but am I the only one who thinks this way?

Cheers

G

Hi G, I have to say I am completely at odds with how the Caravan Club run the booking service for members.

If the bookings were released on a rolling 3 months there would not be this mad rush in January.

I also think that they should make them available to members first and in the last month open the bookings up to none members, that way you get more for your subscription fee than just a reduced site cost. It would also encourage more people to join the CC.

Just my thoughts B)

Steve

Just tried to login at 9:02am and got an error message saying "No suitable nodes are available to serve your request".

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Steve

Hi G, I have to say I am completely at odds with how the Caravan Club run the booking service for members.

If the bookings were released on a rolling 3 months there would not be this mad rush in January.

I also think that they should make them available to members first and in the last month open the bookings up to none members, that way you get more for your subscription fee than just a reduced site cost. It would also encourage more people to join the CC.

Just my thoughts B)

Steve

Steve

My understanding is that non members can't book in advance except via the sites direct but then only one of the 5% of pitches the wardens have under their control. Unless this has changed. Also are non members likely to know that booking starts today! Agree about the rolling booking system.

David

Tried the booking line at 0858 and got voicemail. Tried again at 0900 and got the engaged tone. Still getting the engaged tone every time I try and the webpage is showing 'restricted access'. And I thought they were getting their act together after last year's debacle. It's high time they adopted rolling bookings instead of this stupid all in together system.

no going to even try. .... the site will probably go down with all the idiots jumping in at 9am . .... bit like supermarkets at bank holiday weekends . .. "50 loafs of bread please. .. just in case we run out"

Is this a British phenomena? :)

no going to even try. .... the site will probably go down with all the idiots jumping in at 9am . .... bit like supermarkets at bank holiday weekends . .. "50 loafs of bread please. .. just in case we run out"

Is this a British phenomena? :)

Hi smiler38,

I have some specific dates I need to book this year for family functions, so getting access to the site for me is quite important.

Not the best start to your first post on the forum to call people idiots for wanting to use the facility today.

Steve

Edited by Grandpa-Steve
reworded text - GPS

not going to even try. ....

no, neither am I - intend spending all next summer in spain/morocco/france so i can leave the CC sites for everyone else :D

Guest JohnKS

no, neither am I - intend spending all next summer in spain/morocco/france so i can leave the CC sites for everyone else biggrin.gif

Nor am I! We have started using private non club sites and didn't have a problem this year. Also going to France next year.

Some of the Club sites really are getting expensive, particularly as we don't use the facilities which they keep installing.

Edited by JohnKS

Perhaps the answer would be for the CC to not announce when the new dates are available. Then there might not be a massive rush on the first day (which would be even worse if it was a weekend as suggested above !)

I don't see why the CC can't just state you cannot book more than a year in advance and that's that - then there would be no single release date and the mad scramble. It's my first year of caravanning and the shambles this morning is no joke, I thought this was a liesurely pastime but with the website not letting me even log-in since 9am, the CC phone line unavailable and the sites themselves not answering, the whole thing is rather stressful. ...what a rubbish way of doing things. ...

:(

- CC

I have just tried to book sites via the computer for 2010, with no success their computer is very busy, no surprise then.

We wanted to book Seacroft for the New Year in 2010/11, an early booking should secure a place, and finally I manage to ring the site direct who informed me that this site could not be booked for the New Year until at least March when it reopened and to ring to see if there were any spare places. I queried the “Spare places” comment only to be told that people who were booked for this year had first refusal and pitches where the option was not taken up would be released in March.

Effectively this means the members within the club are operating a closed party where you have to wait for a vacancy before other members can attend. No first come first booked service, no waiting lists or random pitch selection by draw, just a privileged few operating a cartel and the expense of other members. Am I alone at finding this unacceptable?

post deleted

Edited by SnaxMuppet

I have just tried to book sites via the computer for 2010, with no success their computer is very busy, no surprise then.

We wanted to book Seacroft for the New Year in 2010/11, an early booking should secure a place, and finally I manage to ring the site direct who informed me that this site could not be booked for the New Year until at least March when it reopened and to ring to see if there were any spare places. I queried the “Spare places” comment only to be told that people who were booked for this year had first refusal and pitches where the option was not taken up would be released in March.

Effectively this means the members within the club are operating a closed party where you have to wait for a vacancy before other members can attend. No first come first booked service, no waiting lists or random pitch selection by draw, just a privileged few operating a cartel and the expense of other members. Am I alone at finding this unacceptable?

Hi and welcome.

No you are not alone, if that is the case then it is totally unacceptable and i would write to the CC and tell them so.

Phil.

Decided to try at 10. 45 hoping that the initial "rush" might have died down, but can't even log onto the site.

Wanted to book a couple of specific weeks for 2010 after being unsuccessful for the last 2 years.

What I would really like to know is if the bookings are being limited to say 2 per member, or could I or you go on-line and make 20 or 30 bookings at a time?

We wanted to book Seacroft for the New Year in 2010/11, an early booking should secure a place, and finally I manage to ring the site direct who informed me that this site could not be booked for the New Year until at least March when it reopened and to ring to see if there were any spare places. I queried the "Spare places" comment only to be told that people who were booked for this year had first refusal and pitches where the option was not taken up would be released in March.

the whole club is run on this basis____its a disgrace to the club and the club should stop this practice with immediate effectmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

On another forum someone was complaining that he couldn't get through on three computers/servers. No wonder the system crashes. Perhaps "idiot" was not so far off the mark in some cases?

the whole club is run on this basis____its a disgrace to the club and the club should stop this practice with immediate effectmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

Appologies to Grandpa Steve -

All I really meant was to highlight the "Mad Rush" "Christmas Sale" type attitude of some people. ... As a newbie, I thought caravanning life was an attempt to throw the shackles of the mad bad no-time to spare exsistance, for a more slower, less stressed, easy paced life . ...... or maybe I should have bought a narrowboat :) LOL

Is the booking system and site availability that bad that if you don't get booked by Christmas : no holiday :( ?

I too partly agree with klarky. .... as an IT professional myself, there must be a better way of structuring the website booking system to prevent this first day hysteria.

I am also a member of the Camping and Caravanning Club, and they don't appear to have this problem. ... (but time may tell :/)

On another forum someone was complaining that he couldn't get through on three computers/servers. No wonder the system crashes. Perhaps "idiot" was not so far off the mark in some cases?

unfortunately this is what some people''HAVE''to resort to to gain access to the site to be able to get in a favourable position to book up______does this not tell you the system is flawed____and open(lol a bad word) to abuse. sad.gifmad.gif

Edited by klarky

Guest JohnKS

I can't see what the problem is. If the site is busy, then it is busy. Patience is a virtue!

It is not the end of the world like some people seem to think it is and this obviously means that the club sites are very popular. Try again tomorrow!

I don't generally book on line --don't really like the idea. .

But I do ring the sites -- generally in the afternoon when the wardens aren't so rushed -- and start off by asking them what the area is like -- and then does it get full etc -- then ask if they have any slots --- by this time they will generally say yes -- but you must be there by "4. 30" etc. .

I have not been turned down for some time. . Generally get a booking . . just by talking to the people. .

My Friend who rang up to come with us -- rang at 9. 30 in the morning and started straight in to "I must have a pitch on XXX date because etc. .." He got the reply I think we are full then -- but we are very busy at the moment -- could you ring later. ..

He took this as -- that there were no pitches -- not that the wardens [only two] were very busy with other site things [like toilets and booking people out etc] at the time and wished him to ring when it was quieter. .

Not right I know but it happens. . human nature

Booking a site for 2010 is like trying to get a Glastonbury ticket. .! Maybe Seetickets should handle the bookings!!

I have been trying all morning to get on and book we have a family things to go to that are during peak times i have slowly got further into the website so hopefully i'll get there.