Sign in to follow this  
tony23

Suzuki Grand Vitara

Hi Thinking of buying Grand Vitara 5d TD 04-05 to tow Stirling Topaz mptl 1270 kg. Looks ok on the match and is in my budget 5k-6k. From what I read ride is not the best @ may be a bit underpowered Love to hear from anybody with experience of this model Thanks Tony

Hi Thinking of buying Grand Vitara 5d TD 04-05 to tow Stirling Topaz mptl 1270 kg. Looks ok on the match and is in my budget 5k-6k. From what I read ride is not the best @ may be a bit underpowered Love to hear from anybody with experience of this model Thanks Tony

Recently purchased an XL7 version of the Grand Vitara.

Not the diesel but the 2. 7 petrol with an LPG conversion.

This is heavier than the normal Grand Vitara approx 1650kg.

Tried it out last weekend with the van. Our van is 1500kg laden and it pulled it very well, held 60mph on the motorway in 5th at 2400rpm no problem.

Was very stable so overall am very pleased.

Dave

Recently purchased an XL7 version of the Grand Vitara.

Not the diesel but the 2. 7 petrol with an LPG conversion.

This is heavier than the normal Grand Vitara approx 1650kg.

Tried it out last weekend with the van. Our van is 1500kg laden and it pulled it very well, held 60mph on the motorway in 5th at 2400rpm no problem.

Was very stable so overall am very pleased.

Dave

Thanks for that Dave,I did look at the XL7 but ere indoors thinks it is a bit long for every day use,glad your pleased Tony

I used to own a five door, diesel Grand Vitara. There can be some pitching issues with a van on the back and less than good roads. If I were buying again, I would definitely go for the diesel XL7 version. reports from people that I have talked to with them is good.

I had 3dr 1. 6 grand vitara as a back up tow car and it was fine for the time i used it even towing my 1200kg van when it had to. struggled a little on hills but should imagine the 2. 0 td is fine

I tow 1200kgs with a petrol 2. 0L Auto Vitara and it pulls it fine although the economy is not great! 25mpg around town solo and 18mpg average towing.

Great car with plenty of kit for the money. The only downside is for mine the £405. 00 road tax.

I used to own a five door, diesel Grand Vitara. There can be some pitching issues with a van on the back and less than good roads. If I were buying again, I would definitely go for the diesel XL7 version. reports from people that I have talked to with them is good.

Thanks for that Tony

I had 3dr 1. 6 grand vitara as a back up tow car and it was fine for the time i used it even towing my 1200kg van when it had to. struggled a little on hills but should imagine the 2. 0 td is fine

Thats a big help thanks Tony

I tow 1200kgs with a petrol 2. 0L Auto Vitara and it pulls it fine although the economy is not great! 25mpg around town solo and 18mpg average towing.

Great car with plenty of kit for the money. The only downside is for mine the £405. 00 road tax.

Thats great, what i hoped to hear, but ibetter look at tax thing Thanks Tony

The most annoying thing is the newer 2. 4L petrol has more power and torque but lower emmisions and thus lower tax band. ..