Another Satellite Question.

brightredrover

I am looking for a bi of advice if anyone is in the know.

We bought a satellite etc and used it this week and it was great. We found that we set it up and the kids were watching CBeebies within 30/40 minutes.

My question is, we Have a 60cm dish and are travelling to a) Bordeaux in May and B) Cambrils on the Costa Dorada in August.

Does anyone know whether i will be able to pick up many english Digital channels???? I know that most will not be available but If I could get some that would be great.

One thing that I am very keen on knowing is if I can get Sky Sports on the Bordeaux one as if Sheff Wed get to the play off finals I will be there and can watch it! (Bad planning of holiday dates!)

No problem getting Astra 2 in Bordeaux with a 60cm dish. However, you will need a larger dish in Spain.

See Here for size of dish needed.

2013 Honda CR-V EX iDTEC; 2014 Swift Challenger Sport 514

I am looking for a bi of advice if anyone is in the know.

We bought a satellite etc and used it this week and it was great.   We found that we set it up and the kids were watching CBeebies within 30/40 minutes.

My question is, we Have a 60cm dish and are travelling to a) Bordeaux in May and B) Cambrils on the Costa Dorada in August.

Does anyone know whether i will be able to pick up many english Digital channels????  I know that most will not be available but If I could get some that would be great.

One thing that I am very keen on knowing is if I can get Sky Sports on the Bordeaux one as if Sheff Wed get to the play off finals I will be there and can watch it! (Bad planning of holiday dates!)

18431[/snapback]

Dont worry brightredrover u wont be going up mate hee hee

Hi Brightredrover

We were in Cambrills last year and in fact are going again in 2 weeks. Anyway, we have a 80cm dish and get no problems picking up satellite wherever we have been. We met some people in Cambrills who only had a 60 cm dish and they could pick up the channels, but noticed a bit of 'drop off'/ loss of quality in the evening!!

We knew of this problem the further south you go, so thats why we got a big dish in the first place. Might see you down there?

Yossa

2007 Mondeo 2. 2 TDCi & 2003 Bailey Pageant Bordeaux

Thanks for the replies. (except the millers fan!! Shame we will pass on the way through the divisions!)

Will be interested to hear how you get on Yossa. We are not going until August but cannot wait. We will be happy just to get Skynews, some radio/ music and a bit of sport would be an added bonus!

Archived