Truma Blow Heater - Question / Problems

a18041967

We have a new Bailey caravan which is fitted with a Truma gas/electric heater & blower. This is one of the new ones that has a dial to set the temperature near the floor and a dial on the heater to regulate the blower.

Our problem is that no matter what we set the dials to either the van is too cold or too hot. Its as if the thermastat is not working correctly. We have been setting the temperature control to 5-6 and the blower to 2 on automatic. It then warms the van but gets too hot, at which point we turn the temperature down to about 3, it is then very hit or miss (more miss. .) if the heater automatically switches on again.

Are we doing anything wrong, are these heaters generally this poor, the last caravan we had just had a dial you turned and it worked, I think it was a carver

We have a new Bailey caravan which is fitted with a  Truma gas/electric heater & blower. This is one of the new ones that has a dial to set the temperature near the floor and a dial on the heater to regulate the blower.

Our problem is that no matter what we set the dials to either the van is too cold or too hot. Its as if the thermastat is not working correctly. We have been setting the temperature control to 5-6 and the blower to 2 on automatic. It then warms the van but gets too hot, at which point we turn the temperature down to about 3, it is then very hit or miss (more miss. .) if the heater automatically switches on again.

Are we doing anything wrong, are these heaters generally this poor, the last caravan we had just had a dial you turned and it worked, I think it was a carver

18106[/snapback]

We have the same system and it works fine - or did over the Easter break when the weather changed season at least three times :rolleyes: .

Other have reported this problem and I understand that a remote sensor can be fitted to alleviate the problem and perhaps it is also a case of the siting of the control thermosat.

Discovery 4 XS SDV6 and Airstream 532 plus 1996 MGF owned since new.

Archived