Help Needed Re: Motor Movers.

Guest Lenny

Guest Lenny

I've been offered a cracking deal on a van im after, but i would need to probably use a motor mover to get it onto the drive, being a twin axle. But as i cant afford the van and a fitted mover, i've been looking at the eurotech type ones, bigwheel type mover.

Are they capable of moving a van at around 1500kgs up an average sloping driveway entrance (up a sloping kerb) and up the same gradient for about 15 feet??? Or am i asking too much for one of these? Need answers quick as possible please as im going to see the van tomorrow night (Wed).

There is a variety of these motor movers about for sale at between 250-400 pounds, and advice on which one would suffice???

Thanks people.

I've been offered a cracking deal on a van im after, but i would need to probably use a motor mover to get it onto the drive, being a twin axle. But as i cant afford the van and a fitted mover, i've been looking at the eurotech type ones, bigwheel type mover.

Are they capable of moving a van at around 1500kgs up an average sloping driveway entrance (up a sloping kerb) and up the same gradient for about 15 feet??? Or am i asking too much for one of these? Need answers quick as possible please as im going to see the van tomorrow night (Wed).

There is a variety of these motor movers about for sale at between 250-400 pounds, and advice on which one would suffice???

Thanks people.

17869[/snapback]

>>hi lenny i think your asking a bit much for a bigfoot if your only wonting to use it at home then a mr shifta would be the one as it has 2 wheels and a ball on the end to hitch up on so you can move this double axle onto the drivebut they are not cheap but well worth the money if you like me cannot afford a fitted mover .

hope this helps

john (emt)

I considerd Bigfoot and Mr. Shifta before deciding on the powrtouch, and I have a single axle van. and do not have difficult terrain you describe. and IMHO you only get what you pay for.

Mercedes ML270CDi Auto and 2006 Coachman VIP520/4

Lenny can you tell me whether you sorted out a mover for your twin axle caravan - I would be interested to know how you went on as I am getting a new twin axle soon and want to have a mover fitted.

Thanks

mosey

Guest Lenny
Lenny can you tell me whether you sorted out a mover for your twin axle caravan - I would be interested to know how you went on as I am getting a new twin axle soon and want to have a mover fitted.

Thanks

mosey

18562[/snapback]

Haven't sorted the van yet, ordering it this week. But i only need to move it about 15 feet so i think paying close to a grand for a fitted mover a bit non cost effective personally. I reckon for what i need the Mr shifta 2 will suffice.

Guest Lenny
Haven't sorted the van yet, ordering it this week. But i only need to move it about 15 feet so i think paying close to a grand for a fitted mover a bit non cost effective personally.   I reckon for what i need the Mr shifta 2 will suffice.

18572[/snapback]

Scrap that post. I've got so fed up talking about ordering the van, and putting it off, i've ordered it today. Sorted, pick it up in 2 weeks.

And i've just bought a mr shifta 2, so when i use it to park my new van in 2 weeks or so i will report it's progress on here.

Archived