Front Locker

mark70

What can go into the front locker apart from the gas.   My spare is under the van.

1361[/snapback]

:rolleyes: Anything you like as long as you don't exceed your nose weight limit and as long as its waterproof.

Plastics (buckets, water containers etc) are relatively light, get in the way in the van and it doesn't matter if they get damp.

I tend not to put water/waste containers in the front locker as once you have arrived the locker is then empty.

In ours we have. .............

Barbecue

Fishing tackle

Blow up dinghy

Games i. e. swing ball

Kite

Small tool kit

etc. etc.

Electric cable in its waterproof bag, blocks, levellers and chocks, awning pegs and mallet, foam kneeling mat, steady winder, plastic fire bucket( blocks fit in here)Gas cylinders, although in the new van they will go in the dedicated locker over the wheel. and spare wheel, spare wheel is slung under the new van and accessed from inside the van through a trap door in the floor. pipes for the drainage system in their bag and the regulator for camping and butane gas.(also in the fire bucket)

The front locker in our new van is narrower, so until we try not sure what will go in it.

My locker contains 1 Calor cylinder, 1 Campinggaz, 1 bucket, Reel with cable, 2 plastic wheel ramps, several wood blocks, 2 washingup bowls, 1 awning broom. The washingup bowls sit, one in each corner of the locker and contain sponges, wash leather, containers of toilet fluid, spare 12N/S plugs and sockets and emergency can of engine oil. On top of all of that sits a parasol.

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

Hi we put all the lightweight stuff in the locker the heaviest items is two 4. 5kg bottles of gas, and the hookup cable, other than that a couple of small deckchairs

and the waste hoses.

My caravan came with the spare wheel in the locker, I also carry a 2Kw generator in there but my vehicle and caravan allow for a 150Kg nose weight.

1376[/snapback]

My caravan also came with spare wheel fixing in front locker but that with the gas bottles meant that it easily exceeded tow ball weight. So my wheel, which is new and clean sits on the floor and is transferred back in on site(have to get one of them underslung carriers). I stick in all the things I need imediately - winder for corner steadies, wheel ramps and chocks, blocks for steadies if needed.