Rewiring Plug

Mark Hammond

There was a tip, on this thread i think that said if you swop a coulpe of wires in your plug and anyone takes your van it will blow their fuses.

I have done a searchand cannot find the post anywhere, does somebody have this link or know what I'm talking about please.

Mark

Could be this . .....

Some of the more modern, larger trailers have a removable wiring lead. You could make up a replacement with all the leads connected together which, when inserted by the thief, will blow the fuses on the car as soon as the indicators, lights or brakes are used. Just remember to swap this back again before you go off!

Those of you with a fixed wiring lead can knock up a hidden switch connecting the earth wire (white) to the stoplight wire (red). . .....

http://www. ballooning. fsnet. co. uk/security. htm

There was a tip, on this thread i think that said if you swop a coulpe of wires in your plug and anyone takes your van it will blow their fuses.

I have done a searchand cannot find the post anywhere, does somebody have this link or know what I'm talking about please.

Mark

17277[/snapback]

Hi Mark

The only thing I can remember off CT1 is Snake Bite alarms. These have a separate 7 pin socket inside the van and another 7 pin socket with all wires routed to earth. ie blows all van and tow car fuses when anyone tries to use the electrics in the tow car. This is quite easy to home produce. You must remember to change over sockets before connecting to your own towcar or have lots of spare fuses!!! LOL.

Pete ;)

Volvo

Archived