Caravan Electrics

dc8loadie

As I have mentioned elsewhere I am off to Southern Ireland in April, have just noticed that the pitch electrics are only 6amp, will this be a problem, or will I just have to be careful with the amount of electrical items on at any one time ?

Just as an afterthought are the pitch electric sockets compatible with UK cables etc ?

rgds Martin

Hi Martin, Chris & I went to Eire about three years ago, used the fridge, water heater on mains constantly with no problems, no need for the fire, to hot, the EHU on the site we were on was the same as over here!!!

Skegness 'The Sunnier Side of Britain'

The Caravan & Camping Club publish a list of current consumptions on their website under technical help and advice. Click on "Data Sheets" and scroll down to "Electricity for campers & caravanners".

Gordon.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

As I have mentioned elsewhere I am off to Southern Ireland in April, have just noticed that the pitch electrics are only 6amp, will this be a problem, or will I just have to be careful with the amount of electrical items on at any one time ?

Just as an afterthought are the pitch electric sockets compatible with UK cables etc ?

rgds Martin

17149[/snapback]

Hi Martin

We are off to southern Ireland in Mayfor 3 weeks, The caravan sites are not all 6 amp, the two sites we are using are 10 amp and 16amps.

See www. camping-ireland. le for agood list of caravan sites,

Hope you enjoy your visit.

I have a spread sheet / matrix that works out the amps and using the cross referance gives 2 Loads ( amps ) if your interested in tying the sheet Pm Me with your e-mail address and i will send it as an attachment

Regards

Dave

Archived