Submersible Pump

kjb

After the first weekend away in my newly purchased caravan there are one or two snags to sort out, thankfully none of them too serious I hope.

Can someone please tell me if the water pump has a built in non-return valve to prevent water flowing back into the water container, as it appears to both from the waterheater and from the cold supply. Because of this when you open either hot or cold taps it is sometime before water flows. This did not happen with my previous caravan.

Hoping someone can throw some light on this and ideally how it can be solved.

Thanks for any help given.

Ken.

:)

Ken,

Last year I had the same problem after fitting an electric heater for hot water which extended the line from the tank. The need was a one way valve which should not allow flow in the other direction when water tries to return back. I had to invent it myself with some plastic pipes/ tubes, a rubber seal, a leaf spring and a small plastic ball.

It worked well but I'm sure there must be a ready product in the market.

Good luck

Dogan Boncu

Thanks Brian for helping me out, its the last time I'll be pushing that button.

Can anyone help with my original problem regarding the water system?

Do submersible pumps have a built in non-return valve or would it be necessary to fit one in the delivery pipe from the pump, to prevent the water draining back when the pumps not being used.

Thanks in anticipation

Ken.

Do you have the carver filter housing where your water pump fits into the van.

I had a similar problem to this. Caused by the housing having a crack in it allow air into the filter housing.

Hope this helps

Roger

hi there just replaced the non return which is on the bottom of the heater box (blue pipe) the other intake pipe feeds the cold water system (taps) this works on gravity surface tention open tap and let air in and the water runs out and the system emptys.

the water heater will only empty when you take the drain plug out which is on the outside of the van.

hpoe this helps

john (emt)

Hi

Just a quick one to tell you that if you do need to put an inline non-return valve in, then Towsure do Whale non-return valve for £3. 95. used one in my trailer tent days. Hope this may be of some use.

Dave

After the first weekend away in my newly purchased caravan there are one or two snags to sort out, thankfully none of them too serious I hope.

Can someone please tell me if the water pump has a built in non-return valve to prevent water flowing back into the water container, as it appears to both from the waterheater and from the cold supply. Because of this when you open either hot or cold taps it is sometime before water flows. This did not happen with my previous caravan.

Hoping someone can throw some light on this and ideally how it can be solved.

Thanks for any help given.

Ken.

:)

16969[/snapback]

It sounds as if there is an air leak in the system. We have a Carver Mk2 with micro-switched taps and have no problems (no non return valve). Worth checking.

Mike

Archived