Waste Water Drainage

SteveH

Hello All,

I have just sterilised the water system for the first time this year, which of course meant lots of water flowing and emptying from the wash basin.

It's an end bathroom with the lift-up sink above the toilet. The water seemed very slow to drain, in fact, after the third emptying, it started to overflow over the toilet!

Thinking there's a blockage, I tried to disconnect the pipe under the van, you've guessed it. .. the pipe was really brittle and broke up! I am left with about 1 inch sticking out under the van, is this enough to connect on to? With a ten year old unit, I guess it is only to be expected.

The thing is I didn't find a blockage so suspect it further up behind the toilet / sink. As far as I can see, it's a complete strip down - toilet out etc unless anyone knows different?

Not a very good start to the season!

Any help appreciated, Thanks.

Steve.

Avondale Rialto 550 - 2001

To clear the blockage you could try soda crystals and boiling water. Alternatively if you get a long Peace of expanding rod as used for hanging net curtains this is very ply-able and you can feed it down the plug hole (no hooks on the end)and try and clear the blockage .

Many years ago we had a similar problem with the tip up style sink, when I looked some soap had fallen from the sink and was blocking the plug hole. On the model we had the sink part could quite easily be removed.

Hello All,

I have just sterilised the water system for the first time this year, which of course meant lots of water flowing and emptying from the wash basin.

It's an end bathroom with the lift-up sink above the toilet. The water seemed very slow to drain, in fact, after the third emptying, it started to overflow over the toilet!

Thinking there's a blockage, I tried to disconnect the pipe under the van, you've guessed it. .. the pipe was really brittle and broke up! I am left with about 1 inch sticking out under the van, is this enough to connect on to? With a ten year old unit, I guess it is only to be expected.

The thing is I didn't find a blockage so suspect it further up behind the toilet / sink. As far as I can see, it's a complete strip down - toilet out etc unless anyone knows different?Not a very good start to the season!Any help appreciated, Thanks.

Steve.

16875[/snapback]

I understand that tip-ups often get things stuck in them like soap or toothpaste tops so it might be worth investigating this first.

Mike

Hi Steve H

I too sterilised the water system on my van today. just a word of advice. It pays to make sure that the plug is out of the sink before flushing the system through!!!

The wife is not too pleased at spending the afternoon with the hairdryer on the carpet!!!

Lunar Stellar and Mercedes C Class estate 220 Sport

Archived