Truma Ultrastore

dtg

Hi all

sure to have missed a link somewhere along the line but, water heater works fine on electric but when i try it on gas the ignition clicks away for about 10secs then the red lockout light comes on, leave 5mins as the manual says, try again same thing happens, tried this a dozen times same result. The heater is in a Bailey Bordeaux 2002 series.

P. S all the other gas appliances work fine.

Dave

Maybe an obvious one, but have you made sure the in line gas tap is in the open position?

16718[/snapback]

I presume the tap is on when it runs in line with the pipe. no picture in book.

Dave

Cheers Phil.

Job done. good thing about this forum, always someone who knows the answer. Thanks again Phil.

Dave

Cheers Phil.

Job done. good thing about this forum, always someone who knows the answer. Thanks again Phil.

Dave

16724[/snapback]

No problems mate - glad to be of some use.

Phil

• 8 months later...

Same symptoms as DTG, however cover is removed, gas is turned on. ....electric heater works fine, haven't tried gas since van was new back in April. Just tried it for the first time on an outing to site without electric hook up. At first didn't work-red fault light on. Then did work for about 10 minutes and stopped. Tried repatedly since and red fault light comes on straight away. Turning on causes ignition to cycle for about 1 second then red fault lights comes on. Gave dealer a call from site, no great help, so will be going back for repair under warranty. Just wondering if anyone else has had similar problem to see if there is anything else we can check? And know how to check that dealer knows what he is doing!

I had a problem with mine and it turned out that water had got into the ignitor - took the cover off outside and used a small hairdryer to dry it out - worked fine after that !!

Margaret

Margaret

I don't do technical !!!

Just me and my showdogs!!

Same symptoms as DTG, however cover is removed, gas is turned on. ....electric heater works fine, haven't tried gas since van was new back in April. Just tried it for the first time on an outing to site without electric hook up. At first didn't work-red fault light on. Then did work for about 10 minutes and stopped. Tried repatedly since and red fault light comes on straight away. Turning on causes ignition to cycle for about 1 second then red fault lights comes on. Gave dealer a call from site, no great help, so will be going back for repair under warranty. Just wondering if anyone else has had similar problem to see if there is anything else we can check? And know how to check that dealer knows what he is doing!

45922[/snapback]

Just a thought but did your dealer ask what type of gas you're using?

If it's Butane this would explain all of the above - in very cold weather you'll get a significant reduction in gas pressure :mellow:

Fiat Rimor Europeo 69P Motorhome

Just a thought but did your dealer ask what type of gas you're using?

If it's Butane this would explain all of the above - in very cold weather you'll get a significant reduction in gas pressure :mellow:

45952[/snapback]

Thanks, but we're on propane. Heater and fridge working fine.

Guest Hobbybod

My Truma water heater doesn't have the electric power option, (don't think they did it at the time, not in Germany anyway) so it's always used on gas.

I have had the 'red light problem' a few times and it was, most often, forgetting to remove the cowl.

Now there are two 'heat' positions on the switch, one ~50°C and the other ~70°C, and it was much more likely to switch out (red light) on the high temp setting, so I don't really use it any more. Far too hot for comfort anyway.

I had it looked at by Truma at Burton-on-Trent (I thought that there was another glitch as well) and they reckoned it was all working OK. I should have got them to fit the electric element at the time, but forgot.

I found their on-site service there, very convenient. If you do have any Truma problem that needs a 'look at' give them a call, and see if you can take the 'van in; they have about 3 or 4 service bays, IIRC.

Just a thought, was it windy, <_< ours blows out! :(

I've made a wind break for it, a bit of old awning skirt, fits in awning rail and on to a wind break pole,

Paul

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

Archived