Sign in to follow this  
redmoor

What Bugs You On Sites?

thebugs that bite

people walking between my van and my car

people pitching there tent less than 2 feet away from my awning

sorry rant over

Just come home from a few nights at Hawes and my bug was the kids were riding thier bikes everywhere at speed knocking into people at the toilet blocks, running around the back of vans playing hide and seek knocking satelite dishes as they ran round with the parents egging them on, and comming back from a trip out finding 2 scratches on our caravan ! . Parents speeding in and out of the site (well in excess of 5mph) then hurling abuse at other who are speeding (but not as much as they were) :huh: Surrounded by 6 other vans that all had dogs that set each other off barking at the slightest noise. On the bright side the beer in the village was good and niether of us had to drive :D

Just come home from a few nights at Hawes and my bug was the kids were riding their bikes everywhere at speed knocking into people at the toilet blocks, running around the back of vans playing hide and seek knocking satellite dishes as they ran round with the parents egging them on, and coming back from a trip out finding 2 scratches on our caravan ! . Parents speeding in and out of the site (well in excess of 5mph) then hurling abuse at other who are speeding (but not as much as they were) :huh: Surrounded by 6 other vans that all had dogs that set each other off barking at the slightest noise. On the bright side the beer in the village was good and neither of us had to drive :D

kids again and parents that cannot control them they should be more adults only sites to get away from them and let them damage there owen caravans

Arriving on site getting everything as we want it then starting on setting up the Satellite,

Neighbor tips up and does the same thing, gets his satellite spot on in minutes and I,m still struggling two hours later :angry:

Arriving on site getting everything as we want it then starting on setting up the Satellite,

Neighbor tips up and does the same thing, gets his satellite spot on in minutes and I,m still struggling two hours later :angry:

:lol: Arrived on site last weekend (seasonal pitch), Satellite been PERFECT (better than at home) since March. Idiot Site managers allow another twin axle to site about 10 feet from us before we got there. ..WOT NO SATELLITE!...I was FURIOUS! Soon got them shifted mind hehehe. .. ;). ..oh and their kids were totally out of order and their dogs crapping everywhere. ..POND LIFE GRRRRR!

Old whingers with nothing better to do with their time than moan about dogs, children, noise, fun!! Thats what bugs me about caravan sites. You lot are welcome to the CC sites as they are boring anyway but don't book into a Haven then moan about folk having fun. My family caravan because it is a inexpensive holiday for us. It would either be that or we wouldn't get away. But I think not only have most of you forgotten what your family was like when they were younger but you would actually be more suited to renting a farmhouse/cottage miles from civilisation. It would certainly be better for the rest of us who holiday to have a good time and enjoy ourselves.

And yes, I am the family that was parked next to you with the loud kids playing with bikes and balls and walking their dog(she is their responsibility after all). And no, I make no apologies, you old whingers!!

One of these days if you are really lucky( I have lost a few good friends along the way) you may reach the age where you become a whinger and then pehaps you may sit outside your caravan thinking I wish those bloody kids would shut up, you may not now think that way but when the time comes you will think to yourself, been there, done that now all I want is a bit of quiet, I love kids, I love all my grandchildren dearly but the relief when you give them back, the one thing that really gets to me on a site is the person who thinks that I could possibly want to listen to the same so called music that he does, why oh why must people play their music so loud, winds me up into heart attack mode,

Rod.

One of these days if you are really lucky( I have lost a few good friends along the way) you may reach the age where you become a whinger and then pehaps you may sit outside your caravan thinking I wish those bloody kids would shut up, you may not now think that way but when the time comes you will think to yourself, been there, done that now all I want is a bit of quiet, I love kids, I love all my grandchildren dearly but the relief when you give them back, the one thing that really gets to me on a site is the person who thinks that I could possibly want to listen to the same so called music that he does, why oh why must people play their music so loud, winds me up into heart attack mode,

Rod.

Well I am retired and like nothing more than sitting watching the children enjoy themselves, some of the antics they get up to are great. Music, most people are considerate and I have found if you ask if its to loud, they will turn it down. If you want quiet sit in an isolated field somewhere, works for me.

Jim.

Only two things irritate me.

1. People who can't understand that children are entitled to enjoy themselves.

2. Lack of consideration for others(including that of children who,unlike the majority of other children,haven't been taught to be considerate).

Just come home from a few nights at Hawes and my bug was the kids were riding thier bikes everywhere at speed knocking into people at the toilet blocks, running around the back of vans playing hide and seek knocking satelite dishes as they ran round with the parents egging them on, and comming back from a trip out finding 2 scratches on our caravan ! . Parents speeding in and out of the site (well in excess of 5mph) then hurling abuse at other who are speeding (but not as much as they were) :huh: Surrounded by 6 other vans that all had dogs that set each other off barking at the slightest noise. On the bright side the beer in the village was good and niether of us had to drive :D

PS I have no objection to kids playing (I have 2 and a grandaughter) but around my van NO especialy when they are sent off with a flea in thier ear for doing it around thier own van.

Was this the Caravan Club site at Hawes? It's one site I would love to stay on as I really love the area. However, I am not so keen to go there now!!

Was this the Caravan Club site at Hawes? It's one site I would love to stay on as I really love the area. However, I am not so keen to go there now!!

Yes it was, we have been before with no problems but have now said we will only go midweek and not during school holidays

Yes it was, we have been before with no problems but have now said we will only go midweek and not during school holidays

Thats what we do, but still encounter unruly kids im afraid during the summer months, parents just take them out of school presumably to coincide with their holidays and not the school holidays.

Phil.

thebugs that bite

people pitching there tent less than 2 feet away from my awning

sorry rant over

Me too. <_<

I have just returned from 2 weeks in Mill Farm Somerset,what freaked me out more than the usual,was inconsiderate dog owners,within 40 ft of my van I had a English bull dog,Bull Mastif full size (huge)and a staffordshire bull,all from different tents/caravans, all left to wonder free around site, so there I am with A cavalier king charles puppy on a spike with a 6ft lenth to run around a waste of time,dog was kept in doors apart from\walks for her own safety. well cheesed off. no security on site anywere to enforce ground rules.

I have just returned from 2 weeks in Mill Farm Somerset,what freaked me out more than the usual,was inconsiderate dog owners,within 40 ft of my van I had a English bull dog,Bull Mastif full size (huge)and a staffordshire bull,all from different tents/caravans, all left to wonder free around site, so there I am with A cavalier king charles puppy on a spike with a 6ft lenth to run around a waste of time,dog was kept in doors apart from\walks for her own safety. well cheesed off. no security on site anywere to enforce ground rules.

Did you complain about the dogs and if so what was the reply?

Jim.

yes complained and some old fella come around on a push bike,showed his face and returned to his office,Never aproached the owners. he done the same when I asked for the grass surrounding my pitch to be cut 3 times,as my awning was a wildlife extravaganza full all creatures,bill Odie would have been made up,but my wife dont like any crawlies,so she stayed in van with all fly screens shut for 2 weeks,they did cut grass in a fashion day before I left when I was taking awning down, DOH !!!!!

yes complained and some old fella come around on a push bike,showed his face and returned to his office,Never aproached the owners. he done the same when I asked for the grass surrounding my pitch to be cut 3 times,as my awning was a wildlife extravaganza full all creatures,bill Odie would have been made up,but my wife dont like any crawlies,so she stayed in van with all fly screens shut for 2 weeks,they did cut grass in a fashion day before I left when I was taking awning down, DOH !!!!!

I can REALLY relate to that, but after making a complaint to the Management, the site grass is now being cut short once a fortnite AND another ole boy on a pitch near to us has brought his petrol mower along so now cuts around our Van every week and we didn't even ask him. I have a busted right knee and when the grass was too long it was making my life a misery trying to hobble through it. Just goes to show you there are some good folk out there! :)

I've stayed at this site a few times and quite like it there, it reminds me of many of the sites in France I stayed at as kid with my parents. However, I get the impression that it's very disorganised there, in terms of booking, pitching, entertainment and so on. So I sympathise with Slimseydy as his experience is typical of the management's attitude. Felt sorry that his holiday was half ruined because of it. Mosy other sites I've stayed at have a field reserved for dogs.

Did you complain about the dogs and if so what was the reply?

Jim.

you should have enticed the offending dogs to the stables or the sheep fields up the top, bet youd have got a very positve result then. .. the son, & daughters who now run mill farm and their husbands are not very switched on when it comes to improving the general running of the site, but were quick enought to rocket the picch prices over the last year or two. I complained about my flooded pitch and the reply was"well its stopped raining now"

nigel

Edited by nigel129

Other than everything already said rattling me, cigarette ends dropped all over the area where we have to pitch our awning.

dont want to hear anyones music. ..dont want to hear dogs barking or see dog pooh. ...dont want to hear drunken voices when i am trying to sleep. ....dont want to ask my wife to repeat what she said when i am in the awning and she is in the van and i can hear someones voice 50 yards away louder than hers. ...i would love quiet peaceful surroundings but even some people on here would think i am a kiljoy but that is what i want and hopefully what i pay for. ....some people think its funny to wind other people up and then say 'it must be ok cause no one has complained' . ..i dont want to complain. ..as i say. ....i want peace and quiet so i can relax away from the stress and strains of work and home life. ...some people are just so loud and cannot understand that some people dont like it. ..i am telling you now all you loud ones. .....I DONT LIKE IT. .....why dont you book a holiday on a yacht 5 miles out if you think its ok to shout. .......i go on holiday to get away from people like you. ....oh and i hate the people that make the excessively over emphasised sneezing. ...you know the ones. ...the ones that would sneeze quietly if on their own. ..but want some sort of attention and praise and laughter from the rest of the family when in company of other campers. .then think i am a kiljoy if i dont think its funny. ..i would love to record some peoples antics and then play them back to them when they have a headache or trying to sleep. ....

ahhhh . ...thats better. ...

Other than everything already said rattling me, cigarette ends dropped all over the area where we have to pitch our awning.

i have to admit that i usually drop my fag ends over my pitch outside the awning, especially after a few tinnies, BUT i ALWAYS go round the pitch collecting them the following morning, and inspect the whole area after packing up for fag ends and litter.

nigel

you should have enticed the offending dogs to the stables or the sheep fields up the top, bet youd have got a very positve result then. .. the son, & daughters who now run mill farm and their husbands are not very switched on when it comes to improving the general running of the site, but were quick enought to rocket the picch prices over the last year or two. I complained about my flooded pitch and the reply was"well its stopped raining now"

nigel

the evening I arrived there was a hobbie van completely surrounded by water on the entrance,poor fela would have needed planks to get from van to car.

it's all part of the experience I suppose, I did think the price was extravagant for what you get, I have just booked next weekend in longridge,hoseasons camp. works out £2. 00 a night less than Mill Farm was charging, and this is for hardstanding and passes for all facilities. I will be shocked if I need to question there grounds. keep you posted :D

Oh dear. Almost more responses to this thread than any other. Hope that doesn't mean we're a grumpy lot!

The one thing that really bugs me on sites is kids coming onto, running through our pitch, especially as we have a dog. My parents always told me never to go onto anybody else's pitch and to respect others privacy. Would appear some parents don't do this.

Sam

Sign in to follow this