Sign in to follow this  
redmoor

What Bugs You On Sites?

Forego TV, you are brave to bring that one up. Must admit I do not have one in the van so it is not something I would miss, to many other things to do when I am away than watch the box. I also hate noisy horrible gennies, I am sure most people use them far more often than they need to, maybe they think it impresses their neighbours.

I personaly hate the thicko who sets up a set of cricket stumps in front of everyone elses caravan and no where near his own caravan then whacks ball hits other van and awnings and beckons to the 5 or 6 kids to get the ball because he knows he wont be confronted. Well play ball near mine and see the outcome, child or adult I dont put up with it,

I personaly hate the thicko who sets up a set of cricket stumps in front of everyone elses caravan and no where near his own caravan then whacks ball hits other van and awnings and beckons to the 5 or 6 kids to get the ball because he knows he wont be confronted. Well play ball near mine and see the outcome, child or adult I dont put up with it,

Hi,

That is my 'trigger' point as well. It simply is not happening it's not particularly the 'van that is my concern, though obviously I would be worried, but the people who are moving around/sat around the site. Real cricket balls are a danger in the wrong place, ie a human skull especially a young child's,

Regards,

Ian.

People walking through my pitch and having to lift the wastemaster 12" off the ground due to poor design. Plus barking dogs, screaming kids, ball games etc etc. ...............................

Nothings at all I am on holiday to relax and unwind. live and let live and watch the world goes by. Life is too short.

yes me to

Kids leave more mess and are far more obnoxious than any dogs. Please don't argue with me. I am right. I know I am right because I used to be one of the obnoxious kids. :unsure:

very true glad i haven't got any just have to put up with other people's kids make me mad just looking at them they get away with murder nowadays thay need a good slapping but they no you cant do it now ?

Edited by carmitage

Nanny wardens who plaster the toilet walls with DONT DO THIS notices. Give us a break, we're on holiday.

I always inwardly groan when people park across the front of their pitch, especially if I am reversing onto a pitch opposite and it's a bit tight!

To my mind if it's a hard standing pitch, nobody else but yourself should be parking on the gravel bit. I would soon shift anybody who I thought was infringing onto the pitch allocated to me.

We've got a continental caravan, so unless we turn our 'van around, that gives me a headache remembering where I should park the car! :o

If I pay for a pitch and park in front of my van, providing that my car is on my pitch and not on the road then that it is my right to do so. If it makes it awkward for somebody to pitch then I will happily shift it while they pitch and then repark it.

Nanny wardens who plaster the toilet walls with DONT DO THIS notices. Give us a break, we're on holiday.

There are so many people who use sites who just don't know how to do things, ie: brush the toilet pan, mop a shower room, wipe a surface down, not make a lot of loud noise after ??pm, the list is endless (normally the excuse for the first 3 is "we pay for 'them' to do those things so why should I "). So many site owners/warden put up notices to 'remind' people about these things and I for one do not have a problem with them.

Swingball, sorry just hate the darn game,piontless, and i cant get my wife to bin my two kids one SO found another use for the base. ... my hose pipe wound up neatly fits perfectly in the base, the bats ??? Kids, didnt i tell you to check every thing before we left. .. HEE HEE someones got two spare bats for nowt. Yup i know im a kill joy.

One more thing, family groups of three or four vans who take over half the pitch area and surround themselves with a dozen or so windbreaks. Without exception,in my experience, these are the loud music, drunken arguement at three am and no control over kids and dogs type.

nigel

Having sat and read all of this thread I am now not sure if I want to continue being a caravanner there is far too much going wrong with it so perhaps it best if I sell up and forget it.

From reading all this I can only conclude that being a caravanner makes people so unhappy.

Is it really for me I ask ???

Old Bill

Now "someone" is going to complain about my horse. ...I just know they are !!!

Edited by Bigbruver

Having sat and read all of this thread I am now not sure if I want to continue being a caravanner there is far too much going wrong with it so perhaps it best if I sell up and forget it.

From reading all this I can only conclude that being a caravanner makes people so unhappy.

Is it really for me I ask ???

Old Bill

id like to complain if you tow a horse box, trundling along at a 60mph max on a motorway. .........JOKE :D

[/color]

id like to complain if you tow a horse box, trundling along at a 60mph max on a motorway. .........JOKE :D

Now come on Nigel. ...what's the point in having a horse if you put him in a box and tow him.

or do I have it wrong. ... perhaps we are in danger of going off topic here lets get back to complaining.

Old Bill :D

Now come on Nigel. ...what's the point in having a horse if you put him in a box and tow him.

or do I have it wrong. ... perhaps we are in danger of going off topic here lets get back to complaining.

Old Bill :D

sorry :( just trying to lighten it up a bit, forgot one of my other bugs, being given a pitch and not being told it can flood till after its rained and the awning has 2" of water in it, happened to me at Kiln Park, mill farm, Fareham CC site. Ive learnt now to put tarp under the ground sheet, the grass will recover, eventually, and sites tend not to compensate for damage due to flooded pitches, so fairs fair.

There are so many people who use sites who just don't know how to do things, ie: brush the toilet pan, mop a shower room, wipe a surface down, not make a lot of loud noise after ??pm, the list is endless (normally the excuse for the first 3 is "we pay for 'them' to do those things so why should I "). So many site owners/warden put up notices to 'remind' people about these things and I for one do not have a problem with them.

So you're seriously telling us that you believe putting notices up is going to change the habits of some ingrates who should, but don't, know better? The Caravan Club spend a fortune on decorating toilets and wash areas so they look nice for us and along comes a dejected warden and -with the aid of lumps of Blutac- proceeds to deface the walls, to the benefit or education of NOBODY.

seeyoujimmy, interesting point you make there, what would you suggest?

Too right someone will, do you carry a poop scoop and clean up after it? :o

Steve

Too right someone will, do you carry a poop scoop and clean up after it? :o

Steve

i have hundreds of nappy sacks that WE USE when away on site, may take a few more for a horse but i can post some if you havent got a a pony pooper picker upper. :D:D

Edited by nigel129

Just had a thought, If we went to the same site that may charch anything from 75p to £5 a night for taking a dod or dogs, then i can use my nappy sacks to go picking up all the poop that others havent bothered with and go to reception and claim back per poop bag, as ive yet to see anyone do anything for my dogs apart from charge a ridicoulous nightly rate, they dont even offer to pat the dog as they pass in their little wagons at 20mph.

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure: Then i can go round after your horse cheerfully cleaning up as id be quids in, you happy me happy. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Edited by nigel129

Just had a thought, If we went to the same site that may charch anything from 75p to £5 a night for taking a dod or dogs, then i can use my nappy sacks to go picking up all the poop that others havent bothered with and go to reception and claim back per poop bag, as ive yet to see anyone do anything for my dogs apart from charge a ridicoulous nightly rate, they dont even offer to pat the dog as they pass in their little wagons at 20mph.

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure: Then i can go round after your horse cheerfully cleaning up as id be quids in, you happy me happy. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

oops cider kicking in

My main irritation is yapping dogs, especially when their owners go out and leave them locked up in the awning all day or go out in the evning a leave the dog behind. We were in North Ledaig a couple of weeks ago and there was a "rat on a string" that yapped almost continuosly except when the owner was around - which wasn't very often.

Then of course there's the bloke who was next door to us who let his dog out to have a cr*p, admittedly it was on his pitch, but he seemed oblivious to the kids running about. The deposits were still there when he left a couple of days later.

I'm not keen on those who llets their dogs wander around sniffing around other pitches.

It's not the dogs really, it's the inconsiderate owners

seeyoujimmy, interesting point you make there, what would you suggest?

Screenman.

I'm suggesting that there is nothing that can be done and it is pointless trying. Put a bunch of people together and there will always be a minority of inbreds who have no toilet training or who think that the rest of the world is there for their benefit. I was once told that (probably) 1 in 10 drivers was a moron. No indicators, cut you up for nothing, think the outside lane was theirs alone etc etc. No amount of road signs, television adverts or even court appearances would change their habits. It's simply the way they are. The same applies to the minority who leave taps running at Elvaston Castle or drop empty Coke tins in the disabled toilet at Brora. Do we really think that a notice to the effect that they're not to do that will stop them for one second? Not blooming likely it wont. All notices do is spoil the ambience of the place for the rest of us.

For instance. ........ There is an amateur looking notice in the toilet at CC Brora to the effect that the speed limit is 5mph. The site is dotted with 5mph signs and the pamphlet issued on arrival also has this advice. Either you know how fast 5mph is or you dont (or you can't be bothered). Sticking another silly notice to that effect on an otherwise pristine toilet wall will have no further use whatsoever. (Actually quite confused the wife who could only manage 3mph in the toilet)

It gets my goat. Which is the question posed in the title of the thread.

I thank-you. To quote a weel known phrase or saying.

Edited by seeyoujimmy

Old whingers with nothing better to do with their time than moan about dogs, children, noise, fun!! Thats what bugs me about caravan sites. You lot are welcome to the CC sites as they are boring anyway but don't book into a Haven then moan about folk having fun. My family caravan because it is a inexpensive holiday for us. It would either be that or we wouldn't get away. But I think not only have most of you forgotten what your family was like when they were younger but you would actually be more suited to renting a farmhouse/cottage miles from civilisation. It would certainly be better for the rest of us who holiday to have a good time and enjoy ourselves.

And yes, I am the family that was parked next to you with the loud kids playing with bikes and balls and walking their dog(she is their responsibility after all). And no, I make no apologies, you old whingers!!

I totally agree, I don't let my kids get out of hand and I'll turn off the music at 10pm but otherwise I'm out to party, chill and get away from the boredom of my home town week in and week out, live n let live, have fun and stop waiting to die, some of the moans here are exactly what put me off vanning for years, then I got my last a couple of years back and couldn't get away enough, no-one's complained about my family's behavior at the parks I've been at so it must be OK, so for petes sake lighten up, and as for someone pitching next to you, everywhere I've been was down to the site management, and, if I'd had a choice I'd be making sure I pitched near to fun lovers and not miserable throwbacks with rambling/scenery/tranquility, like she said, stick to the cc sites in mind. H

Pitching up right next to you is an interesting aspect, I do like to be on my own and will usually find a spot thats a bit remote from the other vans - I like the peace and quiet and if we've got the grandchildren then they are less likely to annoy the neighbours (they get told off if they do), but it must be something to do with either a herding instinct or safety in numbers coz someone will always come and pitch up next to you. The same happens in car parks, you park well away from everyone and when you get back there's a car parked up so close that they've left a dent in your door, even though the rest of the car park is empty.

Go and find a nice quiet place on a beach, walk miles to find it, settle down and within minutes someone will come and set up right next to you.

I've also got a boat and we frequently go and moor up a quiet creek as far away from anyone as we can, you can almost guarantee that someone else will come up and moor so close you can see what they are having for breakfast, either that or the speedboat brigade will be wizzing round you because you are a convenient marker for their racing antics, even though there is a speed limit.

I was at Blackhorse Farm last week and watched the warden warn the van in front of me about the severe speed humps just past the entrance, the driver then proceeded to go over them at about 15-20mph and nearly launched himself and the van into the air (even 5mph was a bit fast for them) - some people cannot be told. We made sure we parked well away from him as we'd already seen his knuckles dragging on the floor and heard his foul mouth as he came out of the reception.

In the end you either put up with it or sit at home.

It annoys me that children on Caravan Club sites have to pay while owners of 3,4,5 dogs don't.

I love children on site - I hate dogs or possibly their inconsiderate owners. Recently on a Caravan Club site there were four dogs in one neigbours van, three on the other side and four dogs across the lane - when one started to bark - you can imagine!!

Gari

Trust me, my dogs are much better behaved than a lot of children! I hate inconsiderate dog owners too - but equally i dislike people that dont bring up their children to show respect/courtesy.

Sign in to follow this